Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@motomike Can you recall what sort of boots Russell wore? I'm thinking perhaps Blundstone work boots or similar.

The missing persons expert said,
“We have to focus on the boots because elastic-side work-type boots which a bushman would wear … they’re not there”.

Could they have been incinerated in the tent fire which was said to have been very hot?

@JudgeJudi, it is possible. There would have been burnt rubber residue, but it would be unlikely for the forensics team to know what the rubber item was or who it belonged to. Boots are not all that hard to get rid of, rubbish bin behind a store, buried in a hole, etc.

it is possible. There would have been burnt rubber residue, but it would be unlikely for the forensics team to know what the rubber item was or who it belonged to

Thank you for that. My theory has always been that they were in their sleeping bags when attacked.

When we used to go camping we never left our footwear outside the tent. We always removed them inside to minimize the risk of one of our deadly spiders, especially funnel webs, finding a nice dark spot to hide in. We always shook them out first thing in the morning just in case. Leaving them outside the tent would be asking for trouble.

I can think of a number of reasons why they may have been removed from the scene but burning seemed the most logical answer.

RSBM
Also some photos show a burnt tin drum - it had been in the fire - and it has a piece cut out of it. Do you know what that is? There's a screen grab below.

upload_2021-12-5_18-6-46-png.325401

@BrumbyJack
"As for the drum, could be something as boring as a drum he tipped upside down to protect the battery if it rained? A tin bucket of any sort is always handy, but the bit checked out likely means it probably had a specific purpose".

Bucket and battery.JPG

Last edited:
A ring was found with the remains. Carol has at least 3 rings. My guess is she wore the ring in image 1 as it only appears to have 1 diamond.

She's dressed for a special occasion in image 2 and that's reflected in the ring she's wearing on each hand.

CC 1.jpg CC 2.jpg

Link

@motomike Can you recall what sort of boots Russell wore? I'm thinking perhaps Blundstone work boots or similar.

The missing persons expert said,
“We have to focus on the boots because elastic-side work-type boots which a bushman would wear … they’re not there”.

Could they have been incinerated in the tent fire which was said to have been very hot?
He wore elastic-side work-type boots as far as I remember (brown) Dont know the brand.

RSBM

@BrumbyJack
"As for the drum, could be something as boring as a drum he tipped upside down to protect the battery if it rained? A tin bucket of any sort is always handy, but the bit checked out likely means it probably had a specific purpose".

View attachment 325896
As the caption below the pic says. It was a wind shield for a single burner cooker on top of a gas bottle. The cut out was to access the gas control on on the burner.
First time Ive seen that particular photo.

I just noticed something in photo 1 so I've blown it up. One lone sneaker. If it belonged to the guy who was collecting things from the site, I would have thought he'd throw his own gear somewhere else, but if it was found in the vicinity of the tent, I would have expected it to be placed in an evidence bag. Just drawing attention to it, that's all.

CC sneaker 1.JPG cc sneaker.JPG
Link

19 October, 2021

Interview with the daughters

This was an incredibly sad video to watch.

He would call and ask questions. More recently he would be calling about his drone, needing help with setting it up, his phone, that sort of thing. At his age he’s not really into technology. The drone was quite new and was his new toy. He really wanted to get the most out of it.

It was hard for him initially when he retired because he’d gone from working full-time to not working at all and felt a bit lost about what to do. He then focused on camping. He bought the best tent he could and set up his vehicle properly to enjoy it more and be safer.

“It was his birthday last week, so that was pretty tough”. [He would have turned 76]

Link

I only just realised there had been a breakthrough in this case.

Wow. I guess i have a lot of catching up to do before I ask too many questions, but I can't resist one. Is there any information on how the suspect might have been linked to the victims?

I only just realised there had been a breakthrough in this case.

Wow. I guess i have a lot of catching up to do before I ask too many questions, but I can't resist one. Is there any information on how the suspect might have been linked to the victims?

Yes, the police have charged DL with the murders and he's awaiting a hearing next May.

Apparently, there's more news to be divulged tomorrow by the press.

I don't think there's any link between DL and RH & CC. They were just the unfortunate ones to be in the same vicinity as him and bear the awful consequences of it.

Yes, the police have charged DL with the murders and he's awaiting a hearing next May.

Apparently, there's more news to be divulged tomorrow by the press.

I don't think there's any link between DL and RH & CC. They were just the unfortunate ones to be in the same vicinity as him and bear the awful consequences of it.

Who is DL ?

If you don't want to read this entire post we are having a fundraiser for our volunteer mods. Please use this link to donate paypal.me/forthemods )

Words cannot adequately express how much the moderators mean to Websleuths and to me personally.

The amount of hard work they do behind the scenes would truly shock you.
The mods volunteer their time to make sure Websleuths standards are upheld so Websleuths remains the most respected discussion forum on the web.

It is time for our yearly fundraiser for the wonderful people known as the mods who donate so much of their lives to Websleuths.

Please know that you are under no obligation to make a donation.
We ask that only those who can truly afford to donate do so.

We offer one way to make donations and that is through PayPal. Here is the link. Even a dollar will make a difference.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
When the fundraiser is over (two weeks from now) SillyBilly and I will distribute the money to the mods.

If you would like to leave a comment of support for the mods please do so on this thread.

If I could yell this from the mountain tops to the world I would. From my heart and soul thank you so very much to the mods who make such a difference on Websleuths. Thank you very much.

Much Love,
Tricia

A new twist in the case of campers RH and CC suggests that their bodies were set on fire after they were allegedly killed.

Saturday morning Herald Sun reported The pair was incinerated A fire was lit in a shrubland near Arbuckle Junction in a remote area of East Gippsland.

The incinerator is believed to have occurred near the Union Spur Truck, a few meters away from where their bodies were.

It may have been an attempt to destroy their bodies.

Russell Hill, Carol Clay: Victorian camper corpse burned before burial - Sydney News Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23