Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it goes way further than sat nav. As for the his approach to the Union it could be a last ditch attempt in garnishing money to pay for hefty legal bills given the fact that LE are foraging through previous allegations.

Everyone's thoughts here are so compelling in relation to GL. This is what I've meant all along. This guy is classic. Unbelievable he's in remand and spewing this. I should be surprised but am not. It does look like he's going to plead not guilty IMO. I just feel for the families including his who have to witness this. For the rest of us we don't understand his motive for the "wrongful dismissal," its beyond me anyways. I have my opinions about the future court case as to what he's going to say as I can see glimpses of what's going happen with what he says now. That IMO is all about his own concern and not the pain everyone is enduring including his own family. Its sad. Jetstar has to abide by the rules so hopefully they can prove that he is incapapble to perform his duties while in remand. The union is paid their dues so they have to defend but I just hope it doesn't drag on and on & on at some point if Jetstar proves their case the union lets it go. I know that's what I would want to see.

Whether the guy is guilty or not I cannot say. But we will know for sure after the trial. I expect that what comes out of the trial will be horrific.

But months of incarceration would make anyone go stir crazy. The mind wanders. He gets the idea of an unfair dismissal claim. It adds interest to his otherwise grindingly tedious existence. It gives him something to focus on and takes his mind off what life will be like after the trial. Without such distraction, would there be much point in further existence?

If his claim is successful, I wonder if he or his estate will have to pay it all back if he is found guilty?

I spoke to my grandparents the other day. Lisa's (Greg's first wife) parents.
They said when they saw the latest newspaper article about Greg suing Jetstar, the laughed and laughed
When Lisa passed away, the police on the case treated them like crazy old people, they were treated incredibly unfairly and have held a lot of resentment, sadness and anger because of it.
The detectives working on this case have been amazing. They were handed a suitcase full of documents and evidence and are going through it, even bank statements from the week she died. They are being so thorough.
They said to my grandparents 'now you have handed all of this over, you can let go and move on'. It has been such closure for them, whatever the outcome.

They said when they saw the latest newspaper article about Greg suing Jetstar, the laughed and laughed
When Lisa passed away, the police on the case treated them like crazy old people, they were treated incredibly unfairly and have held a lot of resentment, sadness and anger because of it.
The detectives working on this case have been amazing. They were handed a suitcase full of documents and evidence and are going through it, even bank statements from the week she died. They are being so thorough.
They said to my grandparents 'now you have handed all of this over, you can let go and move on'. It has been such closure for them, whatever the outcome.

I'm so glad to hear that @Alicia__elizabeth

The man accused of murdering missing campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay had an "abusive" relationship with his ex-wife, who died at their former home, according to Coroners court documents.

The inquiry made no findings that Greg Lynn had any involvement in the death of his first wife and "police investigations failed to reveal any suspicious circumstances or the involvement of any other person in the death of Lisa Lynn."

Accused murder had an 'abusive' relationship with ex-wife, Coronial findings reveal

How would they have found the coroner's report? I've looked before but couldn't find it on AUSTLII

The media can apply for the release of Coronial documents.
I would imagine that they applied, and were approved.

Media guidelines | Coroners Court of Victoria

Also (from the linked media section) ...... "Some documents do not require a form. We can provide opening or closing statements from an inquest without a Form 45."

OMG I feel for your family, incredibly sad, but now truly is a different time with different circumstances and I hope your family gets the justice that was not previously afforded (as in shrugging it off by authorities.) I was under this impression that it would be afforded this time. This is what I mean in so many cases it appears as if something nefarious has happened and for whatever reasons such as mandates the authorities work under, or as in Lisa's case what happened. IMO there are too many cases like this out there that have to be looked at from a different angle or its possible justice may not be given. It took a mistake in Russle and Carole's case by a perp but there are cases where the perp evades, I've mentioned this before on Websleuths in different cases. Its better to question everything or something could be missed. LE is taking a fresh look and I bet that everything will be questioned which is excellent. Its terribly sad that a tragedy had to happen for people to realize the "what if it happened like that?" But the reality is there are such people out there who will evade.

The man accused of murdering missing campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay had an "abusive" relationship with his ex-wife, who died at their former home, according to Coroners court documents.

The inquiry made no findings that Greg Lynn had any involvement in the death of his first wife and "police investigations failed to reveal any suspicious circumstances or the involvement of any other person in the death of Lisa Lynn."

Accused murder had an 'abusive' relationship with ex-wife, Coronial findings reveal
If it happened like that but at that time some evidence was overlooked looking at that evidence again could possibly lead to perhaps charges. I hope so if it did happen like that then there should be justice for Lisa and her family.

I was under this impression that it would be afforded this time. This is what I mean in so many cases it appears as if something nefarious has happened and for whatever reasons such as mandates the authorities work under, or as in Lisa's case what happened. IMO there are too many cases like this out there that have to be looked at from a different angle or its possible justice may not be given.

If it happened like that but at that time some evidence was overlooked looking at that evidence again could possibly lead to perhaps charges. I hope so if it did happen like that then there should be justice for Lisa and her family.

This case has a very interesting parallel. Ian Stewart’s wife, Diane, suffered a suspected epilepsy-related death, a PM investigation was performed and her body was cremated. Her sister found it suspicious that her death may have been due to epilepsy as she had been on daily medication and hadn't had a fit for 18 years. Some time prior to her death, Diane donated her brain to medical research, which IS had consented to.

6 years later, IS’s fiancée, Helen Bailey, a famous British author, died but her body wasn't found for 3 months. How he killed her and disposed of her body is truly gruesome and horrific. He was charged and convicted of her murder. But for the investigation surrounding Helen, he would have gotten away with Diane’s murder but experts were able to prove how Diane really died.

Diane Stewart: How a donated brain helped convict a double killer

This case has a very interesting parallel. Ian Stewart’s wife, Diane, suffered a suspected epilepsy-related death, a PM investigation was performed and her body was cremated. Her sister found it suspicious that her death may have been due to epilepsy as she had been on daily medication and hadn't had a fit for 18 years. Some time prior to her death, Diane donated her brain to medical research, which IS had consented to.

6 years later, IS’s fiancée, Helen Bailey, a famous British author, died but her body wasn't found for 3 months. How he killed her and disposed of her body is truly gruesome and horrific. He was charged and convicted of her murder. But for the investigation surrounding Helen, he would have gotten away with Diane’s murder but experts were able to prove how Diane really died.

Diane Stewart: How a donated brain helped convict a double killer
As Det Supt Jerome Kent said in the article we hope there aren't such cases out there but its a possibility. I couldn't agree more. I feel if the authorities or rather the coronor while conducting the autopsy had looked for the anti epileptic drug or at least something unusual or came across something unusual then it should warrant another look at the case perhaps from a different perspective and open the idea of other possibilities. It should be mandated everywhere.

Whether the guy is guilty or not I cannot say. But we will know for sure after the trial. I expect that what comes out of the trial will be horrific.

But months of incarceration would make anyone go stir crazy. The mind wanders. He gets the idea of an unfair dismissal claim. It adds interest to his otherwise grindingly tedious existence. It gives him something to focus on and takes his mind off what life will be like after the trial. Without such distraction, would there be much point in further existence?

If his claim is successful, I wonder if he or his estate will have to pay it all back if he is found guilty?
It's just barely "months of incarceration", as he was only charged last November. He's going to have to learn how to put up with it for years, fingers crossed.

Key paragraphs:

Mr Lynn’s submission to the Fair Work Commission had said he was on remand and therefore could not attend work. The union’s letter pointed out that “Captain Lynn had not been convicted of any crime”.

. . .

Jetstar had opposed the unfair dismissal claim.

“Jetstar makes no comment on the criminal charges, noting this matter is still before the courts, however, it’s clear that Mr Lynn is on remand pending trial and would not physically be able to perform his duties for a significant period of time,” a spokeswoman said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member