Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant if the bodies were found with bullets still in them. Forensics and all that. Reminds me of a few years back out with some mates looking at hard garbage, we found a full (but old) bullet kit reloader and moulds. One bloke was gonna grab it until someone else jokingly said what if it was connected to murders or other crimes. We all laughed, left it there but I know someone did pick it up. Worth a little bit to just chuck out like that.
Wonder if they are home made bullet holes in the truck cabin? If bullet holes

If things go how they often seem to go, one day - out of the blue - there will be an arrest(s). When we are least expecting it.

SA they have Russell’s vehicle so they could be recreating the route.

4A47C764-7603-4154-8E5C-AEB3EA22B208.jpeg (What Mercedes?)

Police recreate Karen’s final journey
EXCLUSIVE: THE net is closing on the killer of Karen Ristevski as detectives were today seen recreating what they believe was her final journey. WATCH: Exclusive video of the recreation

Last edited:
But would those marks be large enough to see in the wound itself? Wouldn't you still need the bullet to eventually match to the rifle?

I guess I'm asking if the bullet would pass through or remain lodged in the tissue in your opinion?

I only remember what I read once upon a time .....

Hollow bullets do the most tissue damage because they spread on impact where FMJs (full metal jackets) will penetrate whole, more likely to chew through bone and exit whole.
upload_2021-5-10_19-58-43.jpeg

Is it true that a .22LR bullet is the only bullet that it's safer to be shot with a hollow point than an FMJ?

Left to right: a Winchester 36 grain hollow point recovered from a coyote, an unfired bullet of the same type, the complete cartridge, a 40 grain round nose CCI Mini Mag, a 60 grain Aguila Sniper Subsonic.

C7A80939-FE0E-4719-AC8D-87A4500FADCC.jpeg

Last edited:
Cement and water just makes mortar and that would be a waste of time and effort. So besides bags of cement you’d also need a source of sand, gravel and water so you can make concrete. Plus a wheelbarrow or something to mix it all together in. Or did you actually mean to say concrete, not cement? Coz you’d need a **** tonne of readymix bags if thats actually what you meant.

and those shovels, a concreter would have better shovels than those cheap things. They look like the Bunnings ones. Only good for snow up here. Hope you guys aren’t implying the concrete guys in Mansy are involved in this.

Yeh I guess concrete but as you can tell - I don’t know much about it! Hence wondering.

Wonder if they are home made bullet holes in the truck cabin? If bullet holes

I was thinking about those, and I still haven’t seen a photo that shows them very clearly but I wonder if there was once a ladder attached to the canopy and they’re the holes from where it was. Although I’m not sure if you’d have one up the door, usually they seem to go up the back.

I was thinking about those, and I still haven’t seen a photo that shows them very clearly but I wonder if there was once a ladder attached to the canopy and they’re the holes from where it was. Although I’m not sure if you’d have one up the door, usually they seem to go up the back.
I'm trying a screenshot here if this any clearer......a couple of holes seem even , could have had a ladder ? ...there's other holes that too spread out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210321-180255_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210321-180255_Gallery.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 44
The reason Police have not said there are any bullet
holes in the vehicle is because there are no bullet holes.
What you are seeing are smaller scorch marks caused
by the same thing that caused the larger scorch marks
- the burning tent, which if it is of the same material
as the Setup Portable Portapotty, probably was made
from some cheap Chinese plasticy-like material that
burns way too easily, I assume.
I'm going to put an image in your mind here - consider
the 'Waving Man' or 'Dancing Man' inflatable plastic
tubes, that appear to wave their arms;
Code:
[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzs3nDCLJaI&t=32s[/URL]
Now if we take it as occurring that the tent burned
as the wind was blowing from the left of the picture,
we can understand that as the tent burned up its
remains eventually blew against the side of the
vehicle, the wind causing the burning tent remains
to whip about and flap against that vehicle, similar
in chaotic motion to what you see in the video
(although those 'Waving Man' displays are actually
powered by an electric blower in their base). This
wasn't a gentle wind, we're suggesting a heavy wind.
Hence, why there are scorch marks rather than a
large circular patch of burned paint or rather than
a blown tyre - the wind kept the burning, flapping
tent remains from staying against any part of the
vehicle for more than a second or so.
Also, if you look carefully at the enlargement of
the picture in the previous post, you can see the
orange-brown tent support ropes laying on the
ground and, probably, a remnant of a tent
support rope hanging off the vehicle metal
storage box roof rail, although that rope has been
partially burnt and is blackened.

Last edited:
The reason Police have not said there are any bullet
holes in the vehicle is because there are no bullet holes.
What you are seeing are smaller scorch marks caused
by the same thing that caused the larger scorch marks
- the burning tent, which if it is of the same material
as the Setup Portable Portapotty, probably was made
from some cheap Chinese plasticy-like material that
burns way too easily, I assume.
I'm going to put an image in your mind here - consider
the 'Waving Man' or 'Dancing Man' inflatable plastic
tubes, that appear to wave their arms;
Code:
[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzs3nDCLJaI&t=32s[/URL]
Now if we take it as occurring that the tent burned
as the wind was blowing from the left of the picture,
we can understand that as the tent burned up its
remains eventually blew against the side of the
vehicle, the wind causing the burning tent remains
to whip about and flap against that vehicle, similar
in chaotic motion to what you see in the video
(although those 'Waving Man' displays are actually
powered by an electric blower in their base). This
wasn't a gentle wind, we're suggesting a heavy wind.
Hence, why there are scorch marks rather than a
large circular patch of burned paint or rather than
a blown tyre - the wind kept the burning, flapping
tent remains from staying against any part of the
vehicle for more than a second or so.
Also, if you look carefully at the enlargement of
the picture in the previous post, you can see the
orange-brown tent support ropes laying on the
ground and, probably, a remnant of a tent
support rope hanging off the vehicle metal
storage box roof rail, although that rope has been
partially burnt and is blackened.
Thanks, I can see what you are saying... three of the round marks seem almost perfect in diameter & splintered out slightly. , were the reason I wondered bullets

Last edited:
I only remember what I read once upon a time .....

Hollow bullets do the most tissue damage because they spread on impact where FMJs (full metal jackets) will penetrate whole, more likely to chew through bone and exit whole.
View attachment 296632

Is it true that a .22LR bullet is the only bullet that it's safer to be shot with a hollow point than an FMJ?

Left to right: a Winchester 36 grain hollow point recovered from a coyote, an unfired bullet of the same type, the complete cartridge, a 40 grain round nose CCI Mini Mag, a 60 grain Aguila Sniper Subsonic.

View attachment 296633

The hollow point will remain in the body, as opposed to a FMJ (why would anyone use an fmj to hunt deer???) or simply a regular cartridge for a rifle.

Thus my question for @BrumbyJack was whether he thought that the local homemade ammo would remain with the victims. In other words, are the locals making hollow points to stop the deer from running? Dunno about your poachers but ours like to ride around at night with some "wobbly pop" to "hunt". :rolleyes: It must affect their aim. Wouldn't want your nights "work" to run off into the bush because you botched the shot IMO.

I think my times done here , first crime thread I've ever joined & was reluctant at first. My joining was borne out of believing i had actually met carol & Russell in the high country the year before they went missing. If it wasn't them it was their doppelgangers & was in a social setting i think in 2019 thereabouts......... I also had briefly met Karen revitski & her family at a cancer charity event in the city back in around 2012-13. Little did i know what's too sadly happen & a lovely lady or that shortly in the future we'd be living around the corner of where she was discovered. . Life is sometimes stranger than fiction & many times I've scratched my head thinking why do these sort of things stumble upon me , And believe me there's more. As well as many great opps. Those in the know say I could write a book, I could, but I'm too lazy... I have questioned my imagination at times, except it's all fact & there must be a reason these encounters seem too befall me. ... anyway , I've enjoyed the time on here and reading all of your posts .. thinking of carol and Russell & hopefully a breakthrough soon. Take care everyone

I think my times done here , first crime thread I've ever joined & was reluctant at first. My joining was borne out of believing i had actually met carol & Russell in the high country the year before they went missing. If it wasn't them it was their doppelgangers & was in a social setting i think in 2019 thereabouts......... I also had briefly met Karen revitski & her family at a cancer charity event in the city back in around 2012-13. Little did i know what's too sadly happen & a lovely lady or that shortly in the future we'd be living around the corner of where she was discovered. . Life is sometimes stranger than fiction & many times I've scratched my head thinking why do these sort of things stumble upon me , And believe me there's more. As well as many great opps. Those in the know say I could write a book, I could, but I'm too lazy... I have questioned my imagination at times, except it's all fact & there must be a reason these encounters seem too befall me. ... anyway , I've enjoyed the time on here and reading all of your posts .. thinking of carol and Russell & hopefully a breakthrough soon. Take care everyone
i enjoy your interesting posts, hope you dont leave, we are all drawn to these crimes for various reasons and websleuthers theories, intuition and research have often helped police solve cases:)

Thanks bear bear .... I've perused crime threads for years but always reluctant to sign up , a bit of worrying I'd say the wrong thing and who'd be reading. But I'm glad I did & you really all talk like good detectives! My grandfather & great grandfather & uncles were all cops/detectives & i think I picked up a gene for it
i enjoy your interesting posts, hope you dont leave, we are all drawn to these crimes for various reasons and websleuthers theories, intuition and research have often helped police solve cases:)

Thanks bear bear .... I've perused crime threads for years but always reluctant to sign up , a bit of worrying I'd say the wrong thing and who'd be reading. But I'm glad I did & you really all talk like good detectives! My grandfather & great grandfather & uncles were all cops/detectives & i think I picked up a gene for it
yes, id say its in your dna! haha, im always deleting my posts for fear of saying the wrong thing!

Some/many of us are on 5-10 different threads, from all over the world, at any given time. There is always a lull in news about cases. Things will pick up again as soon as the next thing happens.

Yesterday I learned about a US crime where Alexa (home virtual assistant) recorded a wife's screams as her husband was murdering her. The things I have learned here are so extensive .... the investigative tools that are used to pin down the perp of a crime.

Some/many of us are on 5-10 different threads, from all over the world, at any given time. There is always a lull in news about cases. Things will pick up again as soon as the next thing happens.

Yesterday I learned about a US crime where Alexa (home virtual assistant) recorded a wife's screams as her husband was murdering her. The things I have learned here are so extensive .... the investigative tools that are used to pin down the perp of a crime.
I'm sure I'll be on another one at some stage. .Was really interesting the things I learn't on here , inc the intricate fine details of how some things run & different views ., My eyebrow went up a few times i can tell you... thanks all ...happy sleuthing

Hmm, that would be interesting as it is trendy for older shooters to make their own bullets!
super.. if they homemade bullets ? Would the marks where looks like holes be different sizes ? ...No need too look for trendy old shooters tho if they aren't bullet holes.. and thinking about it , it's seemed more focused on younger shooters / hunters than older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member