Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disturbing theory on how couple ‘vanished’

Detectives have long been confident the couple were not involved in a murder suicide and have found no evidence the couple attempted to fake their own deaths or even leave the campsite.

Police believe the campsite was burnt down in an attempt to destroy any potential forensic evidence.

It may have been mentioned before? I've not read the whole thread nor seen it anywhere written but having a look at the camp site and RH truck , the sides of the truck look like they have bullet holes ? Or what else are the holes ? Maybe for hooks or something.. feel a bit silly asking

It may have been mentioned before? I've not read the whole thread nor seen it anywhere written but having a look at the camp site and RH truck , the sides of the truck look like they have bullet holes ? Or what else are the holes ? Maybe for hooks or something.. feel a bit silly asking
We've noticed but no explanation have I seen. Someone tried to break into that part of the truck? Struck at it with tent poles?

Wouln't it be ironic if this was going to be Carol's last camping trip with Russell, and tragedy happened. Or could it have some bearing? Perhaps they would never again be so vulnerable. A penny for them.

Vulnerable from what and who ?.. I'd feel Vulnerable just camping in a place with crossfiring hunters. I'd have to be in suit of armor too feel safe in them hills
Wouln't it be ironic if this was going to be Carol's last camping trip with Russell, and tragedy happened. Or could it have some bearing? Perhaps they would never again be so vulnerable. A penny for them.

We've noticed but no explanation have I seen. Someone tried to break into that part of the truck? Struck at it with tent poles?
I had questioned bullets some time ago. I doubt a tent pole falling against the canopy would make dints like that and they are all very alike, same diameter and slightly elongated. All have a clean centre but soot around edges. I also questioned if the side mirror was missing before the trip or not.

Last edited:
I had questioned bullets some time ago. I doubt a tent pole falling against the canopy would make dints like that and they are all very alike, same diameter and slightly elongated. All have a clean centre but soot around edges. I also questioned if the side mirror was missing before the trip or not.
Amped up hunters taking pot shot's at truck sparking a confrontation between parties ?

Amped up hunters taking pot shot's at truck sparking a confrontation between parties ?
I was thinking maybe illegal spotlighters shooting at deer and not realising there was a campsite behind the trees they were shooting into. Perhaps realised too late that they had shot up a camp site, took the bodies away and turned on the gas bottles and burnt the site to cover any evidence, but for some reason left the car. Maybe by the time they came back it was too risky to dump the car because other people had already seen them and the burnt camp site??? But surely the worker spraying weeds must have seen or heard something as he was there the same night they were there?? I could not find any info. regarding if the gas bottles had been turned on and were empty or not. But would a gas bottle turned on and set alight explode or furnace the tent crazily?

Last edited:
There was very little publicity, but a woman who lived in Abbeyard went missing for months but nobody reported her missing, despite her not being seen since August 2018. Hunters found her body in bush beside a road in Abbeyard around nine months later in 2019. Abbeyard is quite close to the Wonnangatta valley and the high country area where several other people have disappeared with no trace. How many other people have disappeared and nobody has even noticed, or been found dead in the area and no media coverage?
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...oman-last-seen-in-august-20190514-p51n3p.html

I was thinking maybe illegal spotlighters shooting at deer and not realising there was a campsite behind the trees they were shooting into. Perhaps realised too late that they had shot up a camp site, took the bodies away and turned on the gas bottles and burnt the site to cover any evidence, but for some reason left the car. Maybe by the time they came back it was too risky to dump the car because other people had already seen them and the burnt camp site??? But surely the worker spraying weeds must have seen or heard something as he was there the same night they were there?? I could not find any info. regarding if the gas bottles had been turned on and were empty or not. But would a gas bottle turned on and set alight explode or furnace the tent crazily?
What if one of the gas bottles wasn't RH's ? But belonged to someone else, would mean another camper. The windscreen looks like it could have a bullet hole lower middle above dashboard? Or it's the bush beyond the windscreen and I'm seeing things? Which if it was , the shots are coming from different directions aimed at the one object

There was very little publicity, but a woman who lived in Abbeyard went missing for months but nobody reported her missing, despite her not being seen since August 2018. Hunters found her body in bush beside a road in Abbeyard around nine months later in 2019. Abbeyard is quite close to the Wonnangatta valley and the high country area where several other people have disappeared with no trace. How many other people have disappeared and nobody has even noticed, or been found dead in the area and no media coverage?
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...oman-last-seen-in-august-20190514-p51n3p.html
I read this and there's very little detail about it

i know murder suicide has been ruled out, but it would be a much simpler scenario, what if they had argued, it became violent and accidentally fatal, blood in the tent so it was burnt down to destroy evidence, sparing the precious truck and the body dragged into denser bush where the other suicided?
obviously police have reasons for ruling this out, but it was my first thought when i heard they were missing, that or a familiar person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea