GUILTY Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, murdered, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #5

PrimeSuspect

Reaction score
Homicide detectives join hunt for missing Brisbane childcare worker Samuel Thompson after his orange Mustang dumped in NSW

HOMICIDE detectives have joined the search for a young Brisbane childcare worker whose distinctive classic car was found abandoned in bushland on the northern NSW coast.
Samuel Thompson was last seen driving away from his apartment in Albion in the city’s northern suburbs in his bright orange 2016 Ford Mustang on March 7.

7257ec858f70f5185bb0b8aec9f98c4c

Missing young Aussie childcare worker feared murdered

Police fear he has been murdered.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, 22, charged with murder of missing childcare worker Samuel Thompson

March 30, 2017

POLICE have charged a 23-year-old man with the murder of missing Brisbane childcare worker Samuel Thompson.

Mr Thompson, 22, has been missing since he left his home in Brisbane’s inner north on March 7.

[...]

On Thursday, police confirmed a 23-year-old man, also from Brisbane, was charged with his murder and interfering with his corpse.

He has been remanded in custody to appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Friday.

Mr Thompson’s body has not yet been found.

Body found in shallow grave confirmed as Sam Thompson

April 7, 2017

Samuel Thompson's grieving parents have been given confirmation a body found in bush north of Brisbane was their slain son.

Forensic police have completed a post-mortem, finding evidence the 22-year-old Albion man was assaulted before his death.

A police spokesman said it was unclear whether the assault caused his death.

Police believe the man whose abandoned orange Ford Mustang sparked the year's largest murder investigation was likely dead before the car ever turned up at a north Brisbane waterhole that featured extensively in his murder investigation.

Instead they will allege Mr Thompson was killed at accused murderer Roberto Vincenzo Boscaino's Bald Hills home.

Both Mr Boscaino and self-declared anti-Islamic State fighter Ashley Dyball have been charged with Mr Thompson's murder and interfering with his corpse.

MOD NOTE: Welcome to our new members.

If you haven't done so yet, please take a little time to review THE RULES forum, particularly Etiquette & Information.

In the meantime, I'll give you the run down on a few important ones.

• Rumors and gossip are NOT allowed on WS. If you read it on Facebook, leave it on Facebook.
  • Unless LE indicates that an individual is a POI/suspect, that individual is OFF LIMITS to sleuthing and speculation. Please keep your suspicions to yourself.
  • WS holds to a "victim friendly" policy, so the above applies even more strongly to family members, particularly parents and spouses, who in most cases are innocent, and suffering terribly when their loved one is missing or murdered. The last thing we want to do is add to their pain. Therefore, they always are granted the benefit of the doubt.
  • Brainstorming theories is encouraged, but must be based on fact. For our purposes, "fact" refers to information published in the mainstream media (MSM) or other acceptable sources, such as academic and professional publications.
  • When you state something as "fact", you must back it up with a link to an approved source.
  • If you can't link it, you can't post it.
  • Social media is a nightmare in terms of rumors. You can summarize information from an original post on a LE or MSM FB page. No copy and paste, no screenshots, and you must include link.
  • Comments and posts by the general public are considered rumor, and therefore, off limits. Again, leave them where you find them.
  • Mods have the right to edit and delete posts at their discretion if deemed inappropriate, or in violation of TOS. Complaints, questions and concerns should be addressed in a private message to a mod or admin. DO NOT post them in the thread.
  • If at any time, you have questions or need assistance, the mod team is happy to help you. Please use the pm system to contact us.

The above is only a partial list of the rules. You'll find others in the links provided. Please check them out, as it is your responsibility to know them.

:tyou:

Good to see this finally reach trial. I wonder what the tactics of the DPP to do separate trials for RB and AD. Will either be called as a prosecution witness i.e any deals done?

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...sbane-murder-court-hears-20191206-p53hob.html

Drug price increase led to alleged Brisbane murder, court hears

By Robyn Wuth December 6, 2019

A drug dealer who refused to pay up when his supplier jacked up the price of cannabis was brutally murdered days later as he tried to source a new supplier, prosecutors say.

Samuel Hunter Thompson, 22, made thousands of dollars selling cannabis from his Brisbane home, stashing wads of cash and buying a brand new Ford Mustang with the proceeds, the Brisbane Supreme Court was told on Friday.

But when his supplier tried to increase the price, he went looking for a new source and allegedly found Robert Vincenzo Boscaino and Ashley Dyball.

He went to Boscaino's home on March 7, 2017, to collect his first shipment which he called "10 out of 10" and was never seen alive again.

Police tracked Boscaino travelling on the Gateway Motorway, toward the location where Thompson's body was found, before returning home.

The timestamps allow a 25-minute window to allegedly bury the body.

Footage shows Boscaino later driving Thompson's distinctive Mustang, followed by Dyball in a separate vehicle.

The Mustang was left in a Brisbane carpark before being dumped in Pottsville in northern NSW, with the journey tracked by traffic cameras along the M1.

The accused were later captured on security footage dumping bags of rubbish before Boscaino bought a new toolbox, a tomahawk, carpet cleaner, and hydrochloric acid, Mr Meredith said.

The old toolbox was later found at the Nudgee tip, with a towel inside and traces of acid

His body was found almost a month later in a shallow grave in a pine forest north of Brisbane with a tomahawk buried alongside him.

Boscaino has pleaded not guilty to murdering Thompson but offered to plead guilty to an alternative charge of being an accessory after the fact of murder - a deal rejected by the Crown.

He has pleaded guilty to a separate charge of interfering with a corpse.

Ashley Dyball, also charged with murder and interfering with a corpse, is yet to face trial.

In his opening address, prosecutor David Meredith told the court Thompson was captured on CCTV footage arriving at Boscaino's Bald Hills home at 10.46am on the day of the alleged murder.

Less than an hour later, Boscaino is seen leaving the home with a large metal toolbox in the back of his work utility.

"It is the prosecution case that Samuel Thompson is dead by that time," Mr Meredith said.

"Cash would be the motive for his murder."

Boscaino also hired a floor sander and when police searched his home, the wooden floor of the garage had been freshly sanded "to remove evidence", the prosecutor said.

The jury trial has been set down for 10 days with prosecutors to call 38 witnesses.

Robert Vincenzo Boscaino pleads not guilty to murder of Samuel Hunter Thompson

A prisoner who was in custody with a man charged with murder will give evidence that the accused man told him details of how the victim was killed in his home, a court has heard.

A PRISONER who was in custody with a man charged with murder will give evidence that the accused man told him details of how the victim was killed in his home, a court has heard.

Roberto Boscaino has pleaded not guilty to the murder of Samuel Hunter Thompson on March 7, 2017, at Boscaino’s Bald Hills home.

He has pleaded guilty in Brisbane Supreme Court to improperly interfering with a corpse.

The Crown did not accept his plea to being an accessory after the fact to murder.

Crown prosecutor David Meredith said a prisoner would tell the jury that Boscaino told him two versions of how Mr Thompson, a drug dealer, was killed with an axe in Boscaino’s home.

He said the prisoner claimed Boscaino said another man, Ashley Dyball, hit Mr Thompson with the axe, but he also said both of them hit him.

Dyball is to face a separate trial over the alleged murder.

The Crown alleges the fact Mr Thompson was a cannabis dealer who was known to have large amounts of money provided a motive for his murder.

A former girlfriend, Hayley Adams, told the court when she lived with him, Mr Thompson had hidden stacks of cash in dog food bags and pillow cases and had bought his Ford Mustang with cash.

Mr Meredith said the prisoner would say Boscaino told him he and Dyball had planned to take Mr Thompson’s money and sell his drugs.

The prisoner would say Boscaino told him after Mr Thompson was struck, there was blood running everywhere and his body was dragged to Boscaino’s ute on an old piece of carpet.

He would claim Boscaino told him he and Dyball had driven the body north to a spot where they did not bury it very deep.

The Crown case relies partly on CCTV evidence of the movement of Mr Thompson’s orange Mustang, with SAMMO number plate, Boscaino’s red Triton utility and Dyball’s Chrysler sedan.

The Crown alleges after Mr Thompson was killed, his car was driven to near Pottsville, NSW, where it was found on March 9.

The court heard Mr Thompson’s body was found in a shallow grave, beside a tomahawk, in Beerburrum State Forest on April 3, 2017.

Mr Meredith said Boscaino and Dyball did a lot of things to hide the fact that Mr Thompson had been killed at Boscaino’s house.

He said Mr Thompson’s DNA was found on the underside of carpet in Boscaino’s house.

The jury heard 41 statements of admission in the case, including an admission that Mr Thompson’s body was carried away from Boscaino’s house in a toolbox in Boscaino’s utility.

Defence counsel Tony Glynn said Boscaino neither killed Mr Thompson nor aided Dyball to kill him.

He said Boscaino assisted Dyball to remove and destroy evidence, out of fear of Dyball or because of a real concern to clean up after a killing at his house.

He said that made him an accessory after the fact to murder, but not guilty of murder.

Mr Glynn urged the jury to treat the prison witness, “a man without a conscience’’, with extreme caution.

The trial continues.

Category: | The Courier Mail

This seems to be a twisted case of pathological envy and greed, Dyball has the traits of the psychopath/narc, his pathetic 'hero' fixation to garner admiration and glory which cloaks his real desire, to fulfill his bloodlust with or without a cause.
Not having any background information on Bosciano, he's either cut of the same cloth or a gullible fool, both deserve life imprisonment!

Poor Sam didn't have a chance moving in a world of characters like Dyball, insanely self-righteous and envious individuals, another Roger Rogerson in the making, warped and crooked from the get-go.
A life lost over cannabis, ludicrous, makes me so angry! :mad:

JMO

This seems to be a twisted case of pathological envy and greed, Dyball has the traits of the psychopath/narc, his pathetic 'hero' fixation to garner admiration and glory which cloaks his real desire, to fulfill his bloodlust with or without a cause.
Not having any background information on Bosciano, he's either cut of the same cloth or a gullible fool, both deserve life imprisonment!

Poor Sam didn't have a chance moving in a world of characters like Dyball, insanely self-righteous and envious individuals, another Roger Rogerson in the making, warped and crooked from the get-go.
A life lost over cannabis, ludicrous, makes me so angry! :mad:

JMO
I think you are forgetting there are 2 peeps here,not just Dyball. Everyone points a finger at him because of where he went and what he did. No info on Boscaino doesn't make him squeaky clean,he's just never been caught doing anything newsworthy before.

I think you are forgetting there are 2 peeps here,not just Dyball. Everyone points a finger at him because of where he went and what he did. No info on Boscaino doesn't make him squeaky clean,he's just never been caught doing anything newsworthy before.
If you're team Dyball, great!:rolleyes: I'm sure there's one for Bosciano too! I hope they both go down for a very long time!
I'm here for Sam and to see justice done, other than that I couldn't give two hoots about those 2 psychos!

If you're team Dyball, great!:rolleyes: I'm sure there's one for Bosciano too! I hope they both go down for a very long time!
I'm here for Sam and to see justice done, other than that I couldn't give two hoots about those 2 psychos!
I'm not team anyone. Just don't like fingers being pointed at one person for a 2 man job.

I'm not team anyone. Just don't like fingers being pointed at one person for a 2 man job.
Same could be said for Dyball, just because he's been in the news about isis, doesn't make him a saint, you've defending him at every turn since way back, that's why I reference team Dyball, can't say anything negative about the guy without being shutdown.
And yes, it's a two man job, I don't disagree, they're pointing fingers at each other as 2 killers often do. It was a set up, so intentions of the meeting were to kill Sam, imo, just like Gao meeting up with Rogerson and McNamara.
And you believe Dyball is an ice user, which is considered a rumour, it should be interesting how this plays out as his defence.

Last edited:
Samuel Thompson spent money on televisions, designer clothes and "a lot of material things", former girlfriend Siobhan Ferris told the Queensland Supreme Court on Monday.
Mr Thompson, a childcare worker until his earnings from selling drugs increased, didn't keep his drug dealing a secret, the court heard.
"He was very open that he sold pot," school friend Benjamin Woolley said.

Slain Qld drug dealer paid cash for car

Sam was obviously very naive in the workings of the drug world even though dealing a low grade drug like cannabis. Flaunting wealth, whether gained
legitimately or illegally, will bring the insanely envious out of the woodwork. Such a waste of a young life. :(

Last edited:
On Tuesday, the court heard Mr Thompson had Kathmandu duffel bags filled with vacuum-sealed bags containing cannabis about three months before he disappeared.
His friend Cody Douglas told the court he estimated the cannabis he had seen in the bags to be worth about $70,000.

Mr Thompson had also been dealing in MDMA, having once bought a large quantity from NSW because Brisbane was "dry", meaning there was a shortage, the court heard.
Another of the victim's friends, Lily Dean, told the court on Tuesday that Mr Thompson had told her he could make $6000 a day.
Ms Dean confirmed Mr Thompson would buy new mobiles and SIM cards, known as "burn phones" every few weeks.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...de-thousands-a-day-court-20191210-p53im6.html

Sam Thompson's life is pretty much laid bare, warts and all. He went to Boscaino's house to collect his first new shipment. If RB and AD had no drugs to give him, then it appears it was a murder plot, a tomahawk being the weapon (found buried beside the body). It will be interesting to know who owned the tomahawk.

Same could be said for Dyball, just because he's been in the news about isis, doesn't make him a saint, you've defending him at every turn since way back, that's why I reference team Dyball, can't say anything negative about the guy without being shutdown.
And yes, it's a two man job, I don't disagree, they're pointing fingers at each other as 2 killers often do. It was a set up, so intentions of the meeting were to kill Sam, imo, just like Gao meeting up with Rogerson and McNamara.
And you believe Dyball is an ice user, which is considered a rumour, it should be interesting how this plays out as his defence.
He has been tried by media from the start,which is hardly fair,kind of like the mother who left her kids in the car in Logan. A lot of speculation and assumptions being made. Wait for the truth to come out. It was a comment made,seems to be the north side drug of choice, doesn't mean I am right.

He has been tried by media from the start,which is hardly fair,kind of like the mother who left her kids in the car in Logan. A lot of speculation and assumptions being made. Wait for the truth to come out. It was a comment made,seems to be the north side drug of choice, doesn't mean I am right.

You've used these threads to glorify Dyball and condemn the media, you've speculated about Dyball yourself, 'he's got PTSD and could be using Ice, what's his mental state and trying to minimise his role in the death of Sam Thompson' based on your own guess work, what do you call that, it's speculation and assumption! Now you're backpeddling about him using ice.

I'd rather take the media and journalist's postings and believe what I like instead of your constant, wait for the truth postings as if you know what it is, that's why I abandoned this thread, a tribute to Ashley Dyball and his troubles based on your opinion, nothing about Sam Thompson, the victim!
Now it's the trial and you're still persisting in condemning the media coverage and telling me what to do and think! And bringing up another thread I've participated in is just baiting, I suppose you know the full story on that one too! :rolleyes:

You've used these threads to glorify Dyball and condemn the media, you've speculated about Dyball yourself, 'he's got PTSD and could be using Ice, what's his mental state and trying to minimise his role in the death of Sam Thompson' based on your own guess work, what do you call that, it's speculation and assumption! Now you're backpeddling about him using ice.

I'd rather take the media and journalist's postings and believe what I like instead of your constant, wait for the truth postings as if you know what it is, that's why I abandoned this thread, a tribute to Ashley Dyball and his troubles based on your opinion, nothing about Sam Thompson, the victim!
Now it's the trial and you're still persisting in condemning the media coverage and telling me what to do and think! And bringing up another thread I've participated in is just baiting, I suppose you know the full story on that one too! :rolleyes:
I have no idea where you get that I'm telling you anything. I don't k ow anything about either of these cases and don't claim to. You are judging me without basis.

A Queensland man accused of murder made a jailhouse confession about how he helped attack a drug dealer with an axe, rolled his body in a carpet and dumped him into an old toolbox, a court has been told.

Mr Boscaino said Mr Thompson fell face down after the other man hit him with an object, Mr Earwaker told the court.
Mr Earwaker said Mr Boscaino told him the two men had carried Mr Thompson's body in a panic before striking Mr Thompson's mouth, neck and abdomen with an axe.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...axe-attack-was-sickening-20191211-p53j4x.html

revolting pair of cowardly thugs. :/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back