Australia Australia - Sandrine Jourdan, 37, Caboolture QLD, 13 July 2012

November 15, 2012

Police investigating the disappearance of Sandrine Jourdan, of Caboolture, say they have exhausted all leads - four months after she went missing
The admission comes after a renewed effort in the search for the mother of three who went missing from Tomlinson Rd on July 13.

Senior Constable Steven Watts (Caboolture CIB) said the area around Tomlinson and Beerburrum roads had been searched again in the past few weeks but ``absolutely nothing'' had been found.

``We're no closer to having any idea where she's gone,'' Sen-Const Watts said. ``The leads have dried up. We've got nothing further to go on at this stage.

Sen-Const Watts said this was common in missing person cases

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...sandrine-jourdan/story-fn8m0yu3-1226516757398

This is a very, very good question. I can't see any reason why this case would not be gaining as much media attention as the Allison Baden-Clay case in which there were constantly stories on the news and in the newspapers, but there seems to be absolutely no interest in Sandrine at all.

Very interesting article about contrast in media attention between different cases.

The last time Sandrine Jourdan was seen she was walking up a friend's driveway in the Sunshine Coast. That was on July 13. Since then she has not accessed her bank accounts, used her phone or wished two of her children a happy birthday.
So why have you heard about Allison Baden-Clay and Jill Meagher, but this may be the first time you are reading the name Sandrine Jourdan?

There are a number of factors at play, according to journalism ethics expert from Queensland University of Technology, Leo Bowman, ... the initial reaction to the disappearance from the police, the media and the general public. If police treat it as a potential homicide investigation from the outset then the media will follow and treat it seriously.
It also helps if there are attractive photos and a narrative is built around the missing person, which the public can relate to.

"There is this notion there are some people who are harmless and particular victims." He cited Mrs Baden-Clay as an example of a relatable narrative, saying when she went missing the public very quickly knew she studied five languages and ballet and was a "wonderful mother".
"In her case and in the case of Jill Meagher we had very attractive photographs of the person and they look from the photograph to be a very nice person," he said.

He said the locations struck a chord with the public, allowing them to relate to the missing person on another level, a difficulty in the Sandrine Jourdan case was there was no exact location where she went missing.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.

October 11, 2012
Bridie Jabour -brisbanetimes.com.au reporter

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/where-is-sandrine-20121010-27dbz.html#ixzz2DNxHsyyu

So sad :( Yet another one that I had not heard about...

So many women going missing :(

I hope that Sandrine's family are holding up well and that she's found safe and sound soon!

My mum lives in Caboolture and was telling me about Sandrine yesterday. She was shocked that she still hadn't been found.

I've just been reading the Facebook page that Sandrine's sister is involved with.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingSandrineJourdan

There is a post made on Feb 10 that is quite informative.
While news stories so far have said that Sandrine was out for a walk when she disappeared, her sister says she was simply walking about 700m down a driveway to the main rd (Tomlinson) while she smoked a cigarette. Her friends were going to pick her up at the road after they had finished loading motorbikes into a truck. They were on their way to a motorx event.

Her sister also says her jumper was left on a fence post.

Today marks 1 year that Sandrine has been missing. Prayers that her family find the answers they are searching for, 1 year is too long for her children to not know where their mum is. Someone MUST know something, I hope this anniversary prompts someone to come forward.

A year already...

Queensland has 'lost' a lot of women over the past couple of years. Sandrine reminds me of Novy Chardon - a good mother who'd never leave her kids.

While I do suspect Novy's ex husband in her case, the parallels are there. And their areas are about equally distant from Brisbane, only in opposite directions..

Sandrine, I hope you're alive and well somewhere, and that you'll come home soon to your kids.

(I don't got a good feeling about this, however, WS..)

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/201...boolture-woman-sandrine-jourdan-went-missing/

July 13, 2013 at 11:59 am

Detectives investigating the disappearance of 38-year-old Sandrine Jourdan continue to hold grave concerns for her safety and are renewing their appeal for public assistance with today marking one year since she disappeared.Sandrine image

Ms Jourdan was last seen around 3pm on Friday July 13, 2012 on Tomlinson Road at Caboolture.

Police continue to appeal for information from motorists driving near Tomlinson Road or on any of the major arterial roads in the area, such as the D’Aguilar Highway, Old Gympie Road and Beerburrum Road, to contact Crime Stoppers if they recall seeing a woman hitch-hiking in the area that afternoon.

“One phone call could be all it takes to find out where Jourdan is. Crime Stoppers is anonymous. No one needs to know who you are, but making that call is the right thing to do.

What might seem small or insignificant to you could in fact hold vital information for police. If you haven’t previously contacted us, I urge you to do so now,” Detective Senior Constable Steve Watts, Moreton District Criminal Investigation Branch said.

Police conducted extensive searches in the Caboolture area last year, including bushland areas in and around Tomlinson Road. Despite the searches, which included large numbers of SES personnel, the whereabouts of Ms Jourdan remains unknown.

She is described as Caucasian, 164cms tall with a proportionate build, long brown hair and brown eyes.Sandrine with jumper (Small)

At the time of her disappearance, Ms Jourdan was wearing a light mauve long sleeve jumper (as shown in picture 2) and dark dress pants.

Ms Jourdan has been known to frequent camping grounds in the Caboolture, Kilcoy, MoretonIsland, Kenilworth and SunshineCoast areas.

Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

For all non-urgent police reporting or general police inquiries contact Policelink on 131 444 or Policelink.qld.gov.au 24hrs a day.

Crime Stoppers is a registered charity and community volunteer organisation working in partnership with the Queensland Police Service.

Sandrine-image.jpg

Sandrine-with-jumper-Small.jpg

Sandrine is 38 years old. I thought from the MSM pictures she was a lot younger.

This is a very, very good question. I can't see any reason why this case would not be gaining as much media attention as the Allison Baden-Clay case in which there were constantly stories on the news and in the newspapers, but there seems to be absolutely no interest in Sandrine at all.

IMO this is because Allison and family were well off and from an affluentual suburb in Brisbane. Sandrine is a single mother from the low socioeconomic suburb of caboolture. I live nearby from where she went missing and unfortunately it's always the same story out here. Sandrine is not the first to go missing from this suburb and yet nobody seems to be investigating further. I hope she is found or at the very least what happened to her is discovered, her poor children.

Two years on Sandrine Jourdan still missing. Can you assist?

July 13, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Detectives continue to investigate the disappearance of 38-year-old Caboolture woman, Sandrine Jourdan with today marking two years since she disappeared. Police continue to hold grave concerns for her safety and are renewing their appeal for public assistance.

Ms Jourdan was last seen around 5pm on Friday July 13, 2012 on Tomlinson Road at Caboolture.

Police are appealing for anyone with any information particularly motorists who were driving near Tomlinson Road or on any of the major arterial roads in the area, such as the D’Aguilar Highway, Old Gympie Road and Beerburrum Road, around the time of her disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers if they recall seeing a woman hitch-hiking in the area.

Detective Sergeant Gary Beddoes, Moreton District Criminal Investigation Branch said that just one phone call with one piece of information could be all it would take to find Sandrine Jourdan.

“Crime Stoppers is anonymous. No one needs to know who you are, but making that call is the right thing to do,” Detective Seargeant Beddoes said.

“What might seem small or insignificant to you could in fact hold vital information for police. If you haven’t previously contacted us, I urge you to do so now.”

Police conducted extensive searches in the Caboolture area in 2012, including bushland areas in and around Tomlinson Road. Despite the searches, which included large numbers of SES personnel, the whereabouts of Ms Jourdan remains unknown.

She is described as Caucasian, 164cms tall with a proportionate build, long brown hair and brown eyes.

At the time of her disappearance, Ms Jourdan was wearing a light mauve long sleeve jumper (as shown in picture 2) and dark dress pants.

Ms Jourdan has been known to frequent camping grounds in the Caboolture, Kilcoy, Moreton Island, Kenilworth and Sunshine Coast areas.

Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2014/07/13/two-years-sandrine-jourdan-still-missing-can-assist/

Bumping for Sandrine.

I hope to put some attention toward this case in coming weeks.

I can't believe it's been 2 years, and still nothing. I saw a story about Sandrine on the news the other night, there wasn't any new information, just the same about her going missing from a male friends house and her kids missing her terribly. It really breaks my heart. Her mother believes that Sandrine is no longer with us, and sadly I agree. There's no way this mum would have abandoned her children like this. I just hope that someone knows something that will help bring this case to a close. Her family deserves to know what happened that day.

Sandrine Jourdan missing two years and still no answers

Two years ago, Sandrine Jourdan walked up a friend’s Sunshine Coast driveway and simply disappeared. The Caboolture woman has not accessed her bank accounts, used her phone or wished any of her three children a happy birthday since then. She vanished – and her family just wants to know what happened to her.

For Sandrine’s sister Christine Day it has been two long years of waiting, wishing and hoping with not a single clue as to her fate.

“I honestly don’t know, as far as I know, she’s dead, there is no way she would not contact us,” Ms Day said. “She did have a few issues before she went missing, she was saying she was afraid before she went missing and we sometimes get reports of people saying, ‘I just saw her’ but so far there has been nothing concrete.”

Sandrine had broken up with her partner the month before she disappeared and was staying with friends and family. She had just secured a new place to live when she vanished. Ms Day said after two years the police investigation had gone cold.

A coroner will now rule on Sandrine’s fate. Ms Day said her fears for her sister were heightened when the body of Tia Landers, also a Caboolture woman, was found dumped near the Glass House Mountains last week.

A man and woman have been charged with her murder. “My sister’s case is being classed as a walk off or suicide but for Tia’s body to be found where my sister went missing, it has raised a lot of alarm bells for me,” she said.

Ms Day said that as a concerned sister she was frustrated the police investigation yielded no clues. “Because it’s been two years they say, ‘we have investigated and done everything now we’re leaving it to the coroner’.

“They have told us she’s a runaway or a suicide, hopefully she’ll just show up one day but after two years, it’s one of those things.

“We don’t want to give up, we need to know the answers. My main objective is not to stop until I do have answers and I don’t care whose toes I step on.”

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-no-answers-20140712-zt5o9.html#ixzz37bSckMZV

1405153891473.jpg-620x349.jpg

Lots of information about this case on the link, I feel for the family being left in the dark much of the time.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...eb6abbc5e?sv=b0cd4a178b5fdd72f67432415f0428d2

WHOEVER made Queensland mother-of-three Sandrine Jourdan disappear seriously underestimated her family’s determination to get her back.
The beautiful landscaper was 37 when she was last seen at the Caboolture home of her friend John Boegheim, an heir to the multi-million dollar Hema Maps family dynasty, on the afternoon of July 13, 2012.
Mr Boegheim, also a landscaper by trade, is one of three men Sandrine’s family believe may know more about her last movements than they have said.
The second man is an amateur actor and musician who cannot legally be named, on whose birthday Sandrine vanished. According to friends and family, the pair were in contact that morning and planned to set off to a Buddhist retreat that day.
The third is her ex-boyfriend Ian Cannard. The pair split about two months before Sandrine went missing and she had been staying with relatives and friends while organising a new place for herself.

And from same article

After chatting to Mr Boegheim’s former neighbours, Ms Millar realised the property adjacent to Mr Boegheim’s former home had not in fact been searched. Neither had some of the other neighbouring properties.
Six months ago, with the permission of the current owners, Ms Millar went with Sandrine’s niece and her boyfriend to look for clues. They concentrated on the tree line at the foot of the five acre block at the back of the paddock where the owner recalled once having seen Mr Boegheim struggling to retrieve plants that had washed across during flooding.
“We took maybe 15 steps on to the back of (name withheld)’s property and we’ve seen some shredded purple material caught on a (fallen) tree with some sort of frame structure surrounding it,” Ms Millar told news.com.au.
“We kept going, kept digging and we got down around a foot deep and found more of the purpley-mauve material, a bra, something green and deteriorated that looked like a little hippy bag, which she was carrying. Sandrine was last seen wearing a mauve top and black dress pants. “The stuff was all wrapped in sort of a black plastic sheet and a massive roll of carpet. After digging approximately a foot, we found the black dress pants (and Sandrine’s) niece just started shaking. She had this look on her face. We just thought, Jesus, if we keep going are we going to find her body?
“As soon as we found the dress pants we called the police. We did keep going and we found a heap of stuff, some beer cans, a screwdriver and a beautiful shell. We were wearing gloves and all the stuff we found we had bagged. I ended up calling over the woman who owned the property and she didn’t know anything about the clothes,” she said.
That night officers confiscated the items the group had found and gave them a receipt listing everything before ordering them to leave the property.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back