Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said upthread that his family is overseas at the moment and that VS had the house to himself, if this is the case he could have hidden the car in the garage.
It was originally reported that the police were speaking to 2 other members of the household when VS arrived home and they arrested him on the spot.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was still a chance of it being a case of her being trapped somewhere. I hope so for that poor family.

I did find a journalists twitter page where she is live updating with what is going on in Leeton. Searching the water doesn't sound like there will be a good outcome either.
https://twitter.com/ashleemullany

I noticed on the way to work they have drained some of the irrigation channels/drains and also I saw a bulldozer doing some work on a channel bank and a bit further down the road was one of those white forensics vans although I couldn't see it clearly it was parked next to the channel. They seem to think she is in the irrigation system somewhere..

Has it ever been mentioned that Stephanie was attacked at the school? Similarly was VS ever actually at the school when Stephanie was there? All I've read is that VS is a cleaner at the school. It could be that Stephanie picked up the keys from VS's house and dropped them back when she was finished at the school. He may have ambushed her at his home. There seems to have been a lot of forensic activity at VS's house, where there wasn't the same activity at the school. All this according to MSM of course. It was also mentioned that VS's family members had been away, so VS would have had the house to himself.

VS's neighbour said that VS had been cleaning up his backyard in the week before Stephanie disappeared. VS owns a ute with a black canopy. Did he load his ute up with the rubbish from his backyard ready to take to the landfill and recycling depot located in Corbie Hill Road? Did Stephanie end up in the back of that ute also? Blood was found in it. Chances are! VS could have easily taken the ute to the landfill depot and disposed of everything in the back of it. Perhaps he had a burn-off prior to leaving home or even at the landfill depot.

How Stephanie's car got to where it was found on Griffith Road is still a mystery though. From what I've read ^upthread^, it may well have been dumped there as late as Wednesday. If that is the case, how and where did VS conceal the car? It is interesting to note that the landfill depot in Corbie Hill Road is in the opposite direction to where Stephanie's car was found on Griffith Road. Was VS trying to use a bit of psychology by dumping her car in the opposite direction to where she actually was. Of course this is all speculation on my part.

Amee - Post #416, last sentence of paragraph 1.

Obviously doesn't say overseas, I just assumed that's where they'd be :)

It was originally reported that the police were speaking to 2 other members of the household when VS arrived home and they arrested him on the spot.

That's what I read too but from that post (#416) it sounds as though MSM have reported they weren't there... Confusing!

Police divers searching for the body of Stephanie Scott have recovered a laptop from a canal on Griffith Rd
https://twitter.com/AshleeMullany/status/586331247929991168 Interesting, wonder if related or not. Could be a lot of things in those canals

Of course it is related.. people don't just throw laptops in there.. it's why they are line searching Griffith road right now.. clearly he has dumped her items in the channels.. maybe he thought the laptop could be traced or provide a clue. My theory is that he attacked her at the school. That's where it all happened. My guess it was an opportunistic sex attack that became violent when the victim struggled, similar to Jill Meagher. He then stole her car and took her body out to the farm, burnt the body to try and cover and DNA evidence, then placed her body in the channel. It is also possible that he used his ute to dispose of her body in some other location, perhaps near the river in the bushland. There is ALOT of bushland along the river right near Leeton. Police obviously have the photos which would provide a clue as to where he burnt the body at least, but it may not be the same location that he left her body.

Seems to me that they think he disposed of the body using his ute, which is why they are appealing for witnesses to give some idea of where he might have driven the body.

It just infuriates me that this *advertiser censored* wont at least admit what he did and help end the suffering of Stephanies family..

Hi all!
For someone who asked before, there is a picture of the car they are looking for at this link:
http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/na...-of-a-burnt-body/story-fnii5s40-1227297895294

t4qgKGM.png

I was just thinking about the car in the garage theory... wouldn't that would have been way to risky because he would have had to move it after MSM was reporting her car and number plate?

Of course it is related.. people don't just throw laptops in there.. it's why they are line searching Griffith road right now.. clearly he has dumped her items in the channels.. maybe he thought the laptop could be traced or provide a clue. My theory is that he attacked her at the school. That's where it all happened. My guess it was an opportunistic sex attack that became violent when the victim struggled, similar to Jill Meagher. He then stole her car and took her body out to the farm, burnt the body to try and cover and DNA evidence, then placed her body in the channel. It is also possible that he used his ute to dispose of her body in some other location, perhaps near the river in the bushland. There is ALOT of bushland along the river right near Leeton. Police obviously have the photos which would provide a clue as to where he burnt the body at least, but it may not be the same location that he left her body.

Seems to me that they think he disposed of the body using his ute, which is why they are appealing for witnesses to give some idea of where he might have driven the body.

It just infuriates me that this *advertiser censored* wont at least admit what he did and help end the suffering of Stephanies family..
Yep, yep and yep!
Agree totally. Although im not 100% convinced he got to her at the school.

I was just thinking about the car in the garage theory... wouldn't that would have been way to risky because he would have had to move it after MSM was reporting her car and number plate?
Good point! I dont think it was in the garage. But i do think it was somewhere other than where it was found. And i think wherever it was is where she is. Im not convinced shes in the canal. But your right, very risky to move it after MSM reports to be on the look out for it. I think if it was always there in that paddock then someone would have seen it earlier. Not exactly inconspicuous placement.

Just had a thought also that if she sent the email from her laptop then that doesnt mean she was at the school at that point in time.

If he hid it in his garage then surely the family members living with him would have noticed. Its a bright red car, not easy to hide.
I think its possible that thr car was hidden where her remains are and it was moved at a later date. Possibly to the other side of town to draw attention away from the real crime scene.
Just my theories and likely to change.

Who knows - the car could have been covered with a tarp somewhere. Pretty easy to hide stuff from casual discovery with even a modicum of effort, especially if only for a short while. If I wanted rid of a car, but I couldn't move it because it was being looked out for, I'd drive it out to somewhere quiet, mask it up roughly with tape and newspaper and change the colour with a few rattle cans of paint (a couple of hours to do a rough but adequate job). Stick on some plates matching a car of that colour (just look at carsales.com.au to find one), then you are pretty much free to drive the car to a permanent safe disposal spot, of which Australia has an infinite number. In the very early days of a missing person investigation, the probability of being caught doing this would be very low. Obviously this isn't what happened here, I'm just pointing out that hiding things is pretty easy, especially outside of major cities (where CCTV is more of an issue).

Police divers have found a laptop in a waterway near Leeton while searching for murdered Stephanie Scott's body on Friday.
Divers were joined by local police, SES and Volunteer Rescue Association personnel in the search for the 26-year-old teacher at a 25 metre-wide irrigation channel about 3km out of Leeton, NSW.

The laptop was found 5km away from where her red Mazda sedan was found dumped on Thursday, on the same road.
Police have released an image of accused killer Vincent Stanford's seized Toyota Hilux ute and have asked for anyone who saw the vehicle between Sunday, when it is alleged she was murdered, and Wednesday, when Stanford was arrested, to contact police.

This comes after it emerged that a set of school keys given to Ms Scott by a colleague the last time she was seen alive were allegedly found at Stanford's home.

Police have charged school cleaner Stanford, 24, with the 26-year-old teacher's murder and will allege Stanford killed Ms Scott at some point between 11am and 7.20pm on Sunday, before dumping her car and body.

Ms Scott was last seen by a colleague at Leeton High School at 11am on Sunday morning, when she picked up a set of keys to get into a classroom so she could plan work for her students to do while she was on her honeymoon in Tahiti.

Authorities allegedly began to focus their investigation on Stanford after discovering he had given misleading information about being at the school on Sunday, The Daily Telegraph reported. Police allegedly found keys matching the description of those given to Ms Scott at his house.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...police-comb-house-evidence.html#ixzz3Wrm4LveG uploadfromtaptalk1428630049958.jpguploadfromtaptalk1428630060773.jpguploadfromtaptalk1428630070493.jpg

Just posting this because we were wondering before about the extent of any criminal history checks. In this case they were all just national, according to this info. (Lots of photos at the link, in usual Telegraph style.)

The cleaning firm that employed Stanford said he passed compulsory police and employment checks before he began working for them last October. It is understood the police checks only look at a person’s criminal record in Australia and not Holland, where Stanford lived until 13 months ago. The checks cleared him to work with children at Leeton High School.

Joss Group senior manager Fleur Dooley said the company also conducted its own employment checks.

A spokesman for the Office of the Children’s Guardian said: “A NSW Working With Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work in NSW. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-of-a-burnt-body/story-fni0cx12-1227297895294

Tomorrow is going to be the absolute worst for her family and fiancé. My heart goes out to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa