Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
worst news.... how horrible for her family and fiancé... horrible..

Doesn't say, as yet, where this aggravated sexual assault took place.. I am guessing the school, mainly on the grounds that I just cant see her going anywhere else with him.. and also, guessing, it was quick. An opportunistic moment...

and photos taken of this, is what I gathered from the news report?

https://au.prime7.yahoo.com/n3/news/a/-/state/28326249/man-charged-with-steph-scott-sex-assault/

Man charged with Steph Scott sex assault
AAP June 4, 2015, 10:05 am

Stanford, 24, was charged on Wednesday with the aggravated sexual assault of Ms Scott on the same day as her alleged murder.
Stanford is accused of sexually assaulting and causing actual bodily harm between 1.40pm and 2pm on April 5...

Sounds like Steph may have been deceased by 2.00pm that Sunday as "Police believe Ms Scott was already dead by the time she was arrived at the isolated spot in Cocoparra National Park, NSW"... (as per link above).

This horrific sex assault & murder is especially devastating in context of her happy expectations of marriage and a new life with her beloved husband, her family & friends looking forward to a bright, happy celebration of their marriage in the coming days.

This is a tragic, mournful event. Sympathy to family, friends & local community.

:mad: :(

I mean.. he, Standford, took photos of this, only because her body was burnt, and it would be unlikely to be picked up on the autopsy.. oh.. so distressing...my god.. how much more

Just so terrible .. I rode past a school early this morning and saw a young teacher walking in (no doubt to get some class prep done before the students arrived) and I instantly thought of Stephanie and hoped the teacher would be safe, it's just awful what happened to her in an environment she should have been safe in, on Easter Sunday of all days .. :(

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cleaner-v...phanie-scott-before-her-death-20150604-ghgcjr

Cleaner Vincent Stanford charged with sexually assaulting Stephanie Scott before her death
June 4, 2015 - 10:59AM
Emma Partridge,Crime Reporter.

School cleaner Vincent Stanford has been charged with sexually assaulting bride-to-be Stephanie Scott before he allegedly killed her at Leeton in April.
He was represented by solicitor David Davidge during the brief mention before a packed courthouse.
Magistrate Pearce formally refused him bail and he will next appear before court on June 30.

The grim-faced parents of Ms Scott sat in the public gallery, flanked by Detective Sergeant Tim Clark and a victim support officer. :cry:

Stanford, balding and wearing a green prison tracksuit, said nothing during the six-minute mention.

He stared at the screen, with his eyes flicking from left to right.

Ms Scott's father glanced occasionally at the screen.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/s...for-stephanie-scotts-alleged-murderer/?cs=147

Does anyone else get annoyed by the term,"sexual assault" or "aggravated sexual assault"?

It's like an ambiguous term for what it actually is. It's rape! And "aggravated" means even worse. Why not call it for what it is! Let the public understand the full horror of what these monsters do, instead of hiding behind an ambiguous term.

Full definition of "aggravated sexual assault":

http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/criminal-law/offences/sexual/aggravated-sexual-assault

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-...ith-sexual-assault-of-stephanie-scott/6520750

The Additional Charges Were Laid Today:

It is alleged Stanford raped Ms Scott the same day she was last seen alive, and then killed her.

"... Stanford had already been charged with Ms Scott's murder, but the additional charges of aggravated sexual assault and inflicting actual bodily harm were laid today"...

Stanford, who appeared via video link, was expressionless during proceedings.

Ms Scott's mother and father were in Griffith Local Court today for Stanford's first appearance.

he is back in court in September.... time will be needed by his barrister to get a grip on these new charges.

a 24 yr old man wakes up, Easter Sunday, and a few hours later at his place of work, and her place of work also, he sexually assaults , rapes , a young woman and murders her. He drives to a national park and burns her body. He photographs himself and the burnt body, plus other photos. No record of past misdemeanors, crimes, or even worrying signs as far as is yet known. Just like that!.

he is back in court in September.... time will be needed by his barrister to get a grip on these new charges.

a 24 yr old man wakes up, Easter Sunday, and a few hours later at his place of work, and her place of work also, he sexually assaults , rapes , a young woman and murders her. He drives to a national park and burns her body. He photographs himself and the burnt body, plus other photos. No record of past misdemeanors, crimes, or even worrying signs as far as is yet known. Just like that!.

Hi Trooper, just wondering where you heard that he took photos of himself as well as the burnt body?

The horror that Stephanie's family, fiance and other loved ones must be experiencing today is heartbreaking. My thoughts go out to all of them. Vincent Stanford obviously has absolutely no remorse, given that he's still not speaking. He's an absolute abomination.

g'day Starry... I concluded that. since he is charged with aggravated sexual assault.. and the autopsy was of a burned body, therefore, the evidence for this sexual assault, aggravated logically has to be in photographic form. I don't think the signs of rape, or aggravated rape would be visible on a burned body. I recall that the body appeared to have been burning for some time, but it was a wet and damp weekend, that Easter, and not high temperatures, comparatively speaking as has been in past Easters in that district.

And if he is the one being charged with that crime, they must have evidence that it is him that did it, so I conclude that he took photo's of himself. Doing it. I don't even consider he had anyone else with him .. his whole persona has been portrayed as a loner. Therefore.... !!. all alternative theories gratefully appreciated!.

IMO there seems to be some reporting differences as to the date Stanford will next appear.

That the NSW police must have heavy evidence that it is Stanford that is performing the actions that result in the charge of aggravated sexual assault , and no one else. They must have evidence that the assault, the sexual element, was not consensual , solid and undeniable, and I assume that is photographic evidence taken by the perpetrator. I don't think his DNA would be recoverable from her burned body, but I could be way wrong there, and probably not any bruises or marks he made on her to force his actions upon her would be recoverable from the burning part of the crime, but I could be way wrong.

It seemed to me, that to charge him with this particular component, there must be some startling and heavy evidence that supports the charge, and since he isn't speaking, and no one else was there, and Stephanie is dead, to me, it has to be photographic evidence of a particularly detailed and unarguable sort.

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining! I did wonder how much evidence they would be able to glean from her remains :( I guess we'll have to wait until the trial to find out more.

It seems as though it's 'just like that' but may be that is due to lack of msm reporting because the matter is before the courts. I'd wager he had a covert interest in Stephanie beforehand. I wonder if she mentioned being uncomfortable with his presence/behaviour beforehand? Colleagues? Family? Friends? Just a passing comment is needed. Much yet to learn about this one IMO.

It seems as though it's 'just like that' but may be it seems that way due to lack of msm reporting because the matter is before the courts. I'd wager he had a covert interest in Stephanie beforehand. I wonder if she mentioned being uncomfortable with his presence/behaviour beforehand? Much yet to learn about this one IMO.

Since he isn't speaking, Fuskier.. it will have to come from outside sources, inevitably.. I cant see him breaking down now and explaining the whole thing. Hard job for his solicitor.

I wonder if he had a practice run somewhere back in time. Someone .. . we are not going to hear it from him , though, not in a thousand years.. her last hours are his to hold .

That the NSW police must have heavy evidence that it is Stanford that is performing the actions that result in the charge of aggravated sexual assault , and no one else. They must have evidence that the assault, the sexual element, was not consensual , solid and undeniable, and I assume that is photographic evidence taken by the perpetrator. I don't think his DNA would be recoverable from her burned body, but I could be way wrong there, and probably not any bruises or marks he made on her to force his actions upon her would be recoverable from the burning part of the crime, but I could be way wrong.

It seemed to me, that to charge him with this particular component, there must be some startling and heavy evidence that supports the charge, and since he isn't speaking, and no one else was there, and Stephanie is dead, to me, it has to be photographic evidence of a particularly detailed and unarguable sort.

Agree, they have evidence. Possibly obtained from the Leeton crime scene i.e. semen & blood, discarded clothing, weapon? I imagine Stephanie fought this attack and there may be evidence of this. According to time lines given i.e. raped and killed between 1.40pm and 2.00pm, that is only a 20 minute window. Did he forget to clean up the crime scene because he planned to take her to Cocoparra National Park? Some possibilities IMHO.

Very sad news that Stephanie was raped but not surprising. He likely attacked her for sexual purposes and her death was a consequence of those actions.

I was a little confused by the reporting of the 2 comments of 3 months in that article. Whilst I think it's correct that "A three-month adjournment has been granted to allow analysis of a large amount of forensic material", I don't think it's correct that a trial/hearing will take 3 months because of the large amount of forensic evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner