Australia Australia - Tegan Lane, 2 days old, Sydney, 14 Sept 1996 *K. Lane guilty*

Forgive me...literally just heard of case/watched exposed....has sexual abuse of KL been ruled out? But that does seem to negate her ability to take birth control...what a strange case! Serial unwanted pregnancies!!! Turmoil personified!! Why would she do this?? Religion a factor? Were the fathers all included in her discussions.?..did she just crave a family?? I mean a family that would suit her familial narrative?!? I.e meet her parents expectations!? .. herself/boyfriend bringing up baby? Of course not negating her potential foul play! ..I.e if said narrative didn't meet strict parent policy I.e age/marriage etc!!

KL’s lack of mention of her “missing” child throughout everything I read is astonishing. Never refers to Tegan. One would think crying out for “where’s my child” I pray she is ok? I wonder what she looks like now?
Please Andrew at least let me know she’s ok? Plenty of FB groups kicking around about saving her (KL) haven’t been able to find a
“Find Tegan Lane” Group anywhere? Her prison friends which seems mostly all she has these days could be leading the charge to help find this child?

My mum is a family history buff and she’s been able to link hidden children back generations. IF and that’s a big IF (I’m thinking she was disposed of) imo however IF the story was to be true this child could have been registered with different parents, name and the lot. Only way to find that truth is someone in the loop has to slip something up.
Indeed!! All Keli, Keli, Keli OR I thought.... 'Keli's reputation!' Not great!! Almost like 'no baby' better than an 'actual baby out of wedlock!!' So sad!!!...she couldn't think (like she appears to later "once there is a baby all the problems disapear")...was she so scared of her parents????!!!!! Wat a case!!!!

No...that wouldn't account for it..I.e same abusive father, as I remembered the 2 children were DNA tested and found to be people she had had relations with. Was she just so incapable of not getting pregnant? I mean it is quite easy to get contraception that works etc. 6 times seems odd!

In the news again, because of a new book by....

The former NSW Director of Public Prosecutions has 13 questions he believes would nail down convicted baby killer Keli Lane.

13 questions baby killer should answer

I have just found this thread again after over 2 years and am amazed to find that the big issue remains the credibility of the Australian judicial system, regardless of the various views on Lane's guilt (on which I have no view). It says almost everything about the rot at the core of the system that a former DPP tries to throw the onus onto Lane to answer his questions when the only issue is whether there are reasonable grounds to challenge the original conviction. If this was the NSW DPP I would avoid his area in the same way as I would avoid the legal system in North Korea.

I have reviewed the developments since I originally posted, and can see no reason to change my view that prosecutorial misconduct irredeemably damaged the process. Some posters who followed my original post seem to think that raising such misconduct is, in some way, offering support to Lane's story. It is nothing of the sort. It is saying that if you allow a tainted process to stand then it infects the integrity of the whole system. This is not an issue peculiar to Australia (or NSW). In the UK we have seen many similar issues. But the degree of misconduct in this case certainly places it with some of the worst of the UK cases.

With production wrapping up and the first episode of the three-part series scheduled to air on March 16, the EXPOSED team is now nervously wondering what will happen once the public and authorities learn what they have uncovered during their investigation.

"The families of the deceased and the people who were inside this investigation, police and other people who are speaking out, say that this has to be reopened," says Meldrum-Hanna.

"One detective said to me, 'You have found information that no-one had at the time, this is fresh material', and it demands it to be reopened, whether that be another inquest or something even bigger with more compulsion powers.

"There is a chorus of people saying that this simply cannot be left as some terrible curiosity in Australian history, that something must be done and I hope that the powers that be listen to that."
'If I do this I'm waiting to get shot or stabbed': the fear that stalks people breaking their silence in the EXPOSED documentary about the Ghost Train fire

With production wrapping up and the first episode of the three-part series scheduled to air on March 16, the EXPOSED team is now nervously wondering what will happen once the public and authorities learn what they have uncovered during their investigation.

"The families of the deceased and the people who were inside this investigation, police and other people who are speaking out, say that this has to be reopened," says Meldrum-Hanna.

"One detective said to me, 'You have found information that no-one had at the time, this is fresh material', and it demands it to be reopened, whether that be another inquest or something even bigger with more compulsion powers.

"There is a chorus of people saying that this simply cannot be left as some terrible curiosity in Australian history, that something must be done and I hope that the powers that be listen to that."
'If I do this I'm waiting to get shot or stabbed': the fear that stalks people breaking their silence in the EXPOSED documentary about the Ghost Train fire
Those comments from Caro about fresh material refer to the Luna Park fire, not the Keli Lane case. However she also says (same article):

"In the case of Keli Lane, we had no body and a woman charged, convicted and in jail based on a circumstantial case," she says.

"With the Ghost Train fire, we've got seven bodies, a bloody mountain of suspicious circumstances and no-one has been held to account.

Do we have a thread for the victims of the Luna Park fire?

Forgive me...literally just heard of case/watched exposed....has sexual abuse of KL been ruled out? But that does seem to negate her ability to take birth control...what a strange case! Serial unwanted pregnancies!!! Turmoil personified!! Why would she do this?? Religion a factor? Were the fathers all included in her discussions.?..did she just crave a family?? I mean a family that would suit her familial narrative?!? I.e meet her parents expectations!? .. herself/boyfriend bringing up baby? Of course not negating her potential foul play! ..I.e if said narrative didn't meet strict parent policy I.e age/marriage etc!!
Indeed!! All Keli, Keli, Keli OR I thought.... 'Keli's reputation!' Not great!! Almost like 'no baby' better than an 'actual baby out of wedlock!!' So sad!!!...she couldn't think (like she appears to later "once there is a baby all the problems disapear")...was she so scared of her parents????!!!!! Wat a case!!!!

I believe this: if anyone believed Tegan was alive, there would be people searching for her. End of story. Even people that are upset that the case wasn't done properly, no one actually believes Tegan is alive or that the story Keli gave about what happened is true. No one is interested in Justice for Tegan. Keli is not the victim. Tegan is.

Keli Lane and her stories do not deserve the oxygen.

Tegan however deserves a voice. That poor little girl was not ‘aborted’ in utero, she lived, breathed and relied upon her only parent - who had better things to do…

If ever there was a “pro-choice” argument, Keli Lane is the poster child IMHO.

Better though sometimes is the ‘forced sterilisation’ argument, because there are just some people in this world who should never be given the opportunity to make such a grown up choice.

Baby killer Keli Lane has been seen for the first time in years, pictured working at a milk processing plant on the outskirts of western Sydney as she nears the end of her prison sentence.

[...]

Her expected parole hearing in May next year will be a test for the “no body, no parole” laws recently introduced in NSW.

Baby killer Keli Lane has been seen for the first time in years, pictured working at a milk processing plant on the outskirts of western Sydney as she nears the end of her prison sentence.

[...]

Her expected parole hearing in May next year will be a test for the “no body, no parole” laws recently introduced in NSW.
Interesting to see that NSW have introduced 'no body, no parole'. There has been a similar law introduced in the UK which has led to a key issue, that of retroactive effect. The law can be applied at parole hearings for prisoners sentenced prior to introduction of the law and whose sentences would have been handed down without knowledge of such a law. The issue it introduces is that if a government is allowed to apply one law retroactively what is to stop it doing the same for laws which may attract less popular support? To allow such to happen must imply huge faith in the decency and integrity of politicians, something which almost no one will claim if asked in a poll.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back