Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA agree with this. Only because i have worked in Institutional care and Community care years ago when i was in that job as a psyche nurse. I worked psychiatric & intellectual disability care. I worked there when institutionalised care was shut down in favor of placing the residents into community housing. Which worked out ok. for some and not ok. for some of our long term residents who had been in institutionalised care for many years and couldn't cope in having to fend for themselves out in the community in their own group homes.
But i think residential care for these children that would be staffed with professional people equipped and trained to deal with abused & neglected children, that in many cases have psychological issues because of their backgrounds. It's obvious what is in place now doesn't work therefore change it, IMO.

I worked in the same profession too . Many did not cope with being thrust out to fend for themselves.

I agree Trooper, and I have been wondering if perhaps JT did just that, hence why she hired a lawyer prior to it all breaking wide open. I think the Police said that she and older boy had given quite a bit of information, which is perhaps why they are out in bail. ...perhaps a deal to be cut.

I believe she lawyered up after the car was taken in and police were closing in. They were called in last Monday to the QCC and compelled to give evidence. They were given bail as they have no previous criminal history and they are deemed no risk to the community

I don't think the hair and the narcissism are unusual in that generation. But they are part of the 'hiding in plain sight' behaviour, and the selfishness of this crime. They speak volumes, silently. Some people express their disgust through loquaciousness.

Did you guys happen to notice who RT lawyer is working for??

I don't think the hair and the narcissism are unusual in that generation. But they are part of the 'hiding in plain sight' behaviour, and the selfishness of this crime. They speak volumes, silently. Some people express their disgust through loquaciousness.

Yes the behaviour post Tia's death via social media is disturbing. But making silly remarks regarding how attractive one is or if they dance or do whatever really has no bearing on the case. He was also an apprentice fabricator. I see no one has mentioned that. Many young men dance and in this day and age many do their hair in this fashion. I too came here to discuss the case. Not judge it on appearances but on what the facts are.

Julene would have lawyered up on the advice of the police... it is a real handicap for the police to deal with people who have not had, and particularly, had and not taken , legal advice.. it is to no one's advantage in the end..

paying those bills, though.... .. their financial situation will have to be tabled to the court, and I am positive that the ATO will be casting an interested eye over Rick's 'books'..... something is dodgy in the money area of their life.. ...

I am eagerly awaiting the time when ghost boy, Josh , enters stage left ... .. I expect him to plead guilty, but people in this situation often surprise.. .

Terry O'Gormans firm. He is good very good! I wonder if they are also representing the rest of the family. They have had a lot of high profile clients over the years.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-21/tiahleigh-palmer's-foster-father-in-coma/7864310

I really hope what ever the case the police have that it is strong enough to get a result. I just really hope that if he this family did these things they can't somehow slip out of the net.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't O'Gormans firm represent Max Sica?? I think they did..

If the lawyer is as good as her bio makes her sound, the family chose very well. If Rick Thorburn said he murdered Tiahleigh to protect his son, no amount of great solicitors can get him off that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the lawyer is as good as her bio makes her sound, the family chose very well. If Rick Thorburn said he murdered Tiahleigh to protect his son, no amount of great solicitors can get him off that one.

that would be a huge job even if God was a barrister.. as for Trent committing incest because his dog was threatened, I don't think that one is going to fly either... .

Yep I think they did Trooper among many others. I am wondering if this maybe a pro bono case? Or they have some money somewhere
http://www.news.com.au/national/que...l/news-story/e34e547a7e6d2d55c2e95885f81b4986

With his firm involved, everything will be looked at and double checked. He is very good at what he does.

it could be pro bono, the publicity would be tremendous, but the costs to the firm will be enormous, also.... even a tax write off would be hard put to compensate, . .. .. I just don't think one law firm will represent the entire family, their charges, and I suspect, their defence will be in unresolvable conflict with each other.. different firms , I am almost sure..

Thats the thing, RT as far as we know hasn't spoken! That I am assuming is what is coming from JT and JT . There is still plenty of spin room imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther