Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the maps for Telstra and Optus for Wangetti Beach and they both indicate they have coverage in the area
That’s weird because locals have stated that the area of beach Toyah was found on is a dead zone for all phone coverage - see link below
‘We need answers’: Police appeal for help

“locals say even if the 24-year-old had wanted to call for help, the notorious reception black spot wouldn’t have allowed her to.”

Maybe by some deep scratches? Police may have the perpetrator’s DNA from under Toyah’s fingernails. Did anyone notice if they were long from her photos?
In the photos of her at the markets, she's wearing disposable gloves. I found this picture though, in which her fingernails appear long...I hope she got him good & hard!

Attachments

• toyah 4.jpg
    toyah 4.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 56
In the photos of her at the markets, she's wearing disposable gloves. I found this picture though, in which her fingernails appear long...I hope she got him good & hard!

Thanks iailwa. They do look long and sharp! I hope she got him a beauty too. It’s a tragedy it wasn’t enough to send him packing and save her life.

Gosh I hope they get him. Someone must recognise their friend/family member and/colleague is behaving differently!

so true. also i wonder if he's a loner - a transient passing through? he'd want to get the heck out of there i imagine, soon after. Hope people are being vigilant in outer areas - beyond there. Haven't heard much about the ex - boyfriend... but maybe that's be just me?

Clean version of the CCTV footage with details of the route Toyah took
Police release CCTV of Toyah Cordingley just hours before she was killed

The video shows Toyah crossing Sheridan Street intersection on foot at about 12:40pm (which suggests she lived very close to Rusty Markets and her work)

Spencer and Sheridan Street is connected to the carpark of Rusty Markets
6e3hu1.png

Timeline Map (based on above video)
9qzqqs.jpg

Was Toyah on her way to visit her boyfriend in Port Douglas and stopped at Wangetti beach for the dog to have a quick swim?
You wouldn't think she go all that way just to visit that beach as there are many dog beaches closer to her location in Cairns.

Police release images of Toyah Cordingley and her car hours before the 24-year-old was murdered | Daily Mail Online
Includes CCTV video plus information of planned fund raisers to help Toyah family

Last edited:

The video shows Toyah crossing Sheridan Street intersection on foot at about 12:40pm (which suggests she lived very close to Rusty Markets and her work)

9qzqqs.jpg

6e3hu1.png

Was Toyah on her way to visit her boyfriend in Port Douglas and stopped at Wangetti beach for the dog to have a quick swim?
She wouldn't go all that way just to visit that beach as there are many dog beaches closer to her location in Cairns.

Seems possible. Why go that far otherwise, unless it's her fave? I saw some piccies of her boyfriend - he looks like a real animal lover, particularly dogs. If it's halfway, perhaps he sometimes meets her there? He must be devo for sure :(

so true. also i wonder if he's a loner - a transient passing through? he'd want to get the heck out of there i imagine, soon after. Hope people are being vigilant in outer areas - beyond there. Haven't heard much about the ex - boyfriend... but maybe that's be just me?
Sorry - how do you know boyfriend is ex-boyfriend?

I wondered the same thing - whether it was purely an opportune attack. It might be harder for someone who is just passing through the area to have injuries recognised by someone they know - we have heard before that there tends to be a transient population in this area. Judging from what we know, the perp has injuries, so crossing fingers someone (anyone!!!) notices.
I also didn't know the boyfriend was an ex-boyfriend? I haven't seen that reported?

Seems possible. Why go that far otherwise, unless it's her fave? I saw some piccies of her boyfriend - he looks like a real animal lover, particularly dogs. If it's halfway, perhaps he sometimes meets her there? He must be devo for sure :(

6e3hu1.png

9qzqqs.jpg

You wouldn't think she go all that way just to visit that beach as there are many dog beaches closer to her location in Cairns.

Police release images of Toyah Cordingley and her car hours before the 24-year-old was murdered | Daily Mail Online
Includes CCTV video plus information of planned fund raisers to help Toyah family
I'm pretty sure Toyah lives in White Rock, which is about 10 mins drive into the city. Her work was at Earlville, about a 15minute drive to the city.
Rusty's market is packed on a Friday at that time, she would likely have parked on Spence Street or nearby just because it was a close available parking space.

I'm pretty sure Toyah lives in White Rock, which is about 10 mins drive into the city. Her work was at Earlville, about a 15minute drive to the city.
Rusty's market is packed on a Friday at that time, she would likely have parked on Spence Street or nearby just because it was a close available parking space.

BBM It was Sunday not Friday AFAIK. I imagine they would still be packed on a Sunday.

Vodafone claims to have coverage there also
I thought even if you had no coverage you could ring 121 or 112 or some short number which is an ‘emergency’ emergency number? But I guess that’s also assuming she had a mobile with her. (And that anyone in dire circumstances would have the presence of mind to dial that) I keep hoping to hear a news report of ‘arrest made’...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2