Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere her family were out looking for her on Sunday when she failed to return home,
Not sure if she took her dog to friends houses when she visited (possibly not due to his size) or just to the beach and trips to the local shop. That should have narrowed down the places she possibly would be, its even possible she told someone she was going to the beach. If this was the beach she frequents it should have been a place to drive past specially since it only had one entry/exit. If this wasn't the beach she normally visits and why the family didnt check there it may add some weight to her going there to meet someone.

New Updates.
Police are asking for anyone with dashcam footage taken between 2pm and 7pm on Sunday, October 21, traveling north or south on the Captain Cook Highway between Smithfield and Port Douglas.

Toyah s dog named Indie a German Shepherd cross, Dane, Mastiff. was found unharmed and tied to a tree nearby. The dog's behavior suggests she may have known her killer.
Police are now expected to examine the dog in an attempt to find her killer.

Toyah and Indie

4sgvpk.jpg

Toyah car after been dusted

2zf8ufq.jpg

Police expected to examine Toyah Cordingley's dog after she is murdered on quiet Queensland beach | Daily Mail Online

Cairns woman found dead on beach remembered as 'caring and loving'

Last edited:
I read somewhere her family were out looking for her on Sunday when she failed to return home,
Not sure if she took her dog to friends houses when she visited (possibly not due to his size) or just to the beach and trips to the local shop. That should have narrowed down the places she possibly would be, its even possible she told someone she was going to the beach. If this was the beach she frequents it should have been a place to drive past specially since it only had one entry/exit. If this wasn't the beach she normally visits and why the family didnt check there it may add some weight to her going there to meet someone.

New Updates.
Police are asking for anyone with dashcam footage taken between 2pm and 7pm on Sunday, October 21, traveling north or south on the Captain Cook Highway between Smithfield and Port Douglas.

Toyah s dog named Indie a German Shepherd cross, Dane, Mastiff. was found unharmed and tied to a tree nearby. The dog's behavior suggests she may have known her killer.
Police are now expected to examine the dog in an attempt to find her killer.

Toyah and Indie

4sgvpk.jpg

Toyah car after been dusted

2zf8ufq.jpg

Police expected to examine Toyah Cordingley's dog after she is murdered on quiet Queensland beach | Daily Mail Online

Cairns woman found dead on beach remembered as 'caring and loving'

As Toyah's dog was tied to a tree, I am hoping this creep, has left his DNA on this rope.
So perhaps the dog witnessed the murder, if Toyah was nearby.:(:(
Wonder if we will hear someone has reported barking, but as isolated, maybe no one was around.
MOO.

The few times I've traveled past this beach on holidays there have been at least half a dozen cars in each of the car parks and the road is a reasonably busy road, being the direct route between Cains and Port Douglas and the beach is opposite a popular tourist attraction (Hartleys crocodile farm)

so it's entirely possible it was a chance encounter with a tourist or drifter who happened to be on the beach at the time and took the opportunity to act out their disgusting desires.

I can't account for how her dog would react to a stranger but perhaps she tied the dog up herself and that's when the perp attacked her.

Hopefully police find the person who did this and they rot in jail.

So heartbreaking to wake up to this news. That is 56 women murdered by men in Australia this year, 9 in the last 22 days. I am feeling more and more fearful to get outside by myself as a female in Australia, men are murdering women (and men and children) at such alarming rates. This poor young woman, my heart goes out to her family and friends. So so so tragic! It could have been any one of us going out for a afternoon walk, makes my skin crawl.

Police aren't confirming or denying the rumours at this stage whether or not Toyah's dog was tied/tethered to a tree near the beach. If the rumour is true, perhaps Toyah decided to tie her dog to the tree whilst going for a swim. Just a theory

I have been having a click around social media, on FB you can see she had a partner/bf. They have not mentioned him in the media at all, i wonder if they were still together. Seem to have photos together up until April this year. However I understand there is no evidence to suggest anyone at this stage, it is rather sad the community/police look into the men in womens lives... what is more scary is they have reason to, says a lot about the state of male violence in the world.

I often walk my dog on the beach, and there's usually no reason I'd tie him up, especially on a specified 'dog walking beach' or a secluded beach. Sounds weird to me... did her killer know the dog, & tie him up for some reason?

RIP Toyah Cordingley xx This should never have happened :(

The following paragraphs are about the dog, from an article - attached below

Her “larger than average dog”, identified as a German shepherd cross, great dane, mastiff, was found tied up at the scene, the Daily Mail reports.

The breeds are known to be aggressive towards strangers, with German shepherds particularly known for “resource guarding”, meaning they can become aggressive when someone touches their food or their owner.

The large dog may have been tied up before a threat was presented, or it did not see the killer as a threat.

Woman murdered walking dog on Queensland beach

I often walk my dog on the beach, and there's usually no reason I'd tie him up, especially on a specified 'dog walking beach' or a secluded beach. Sounds weird to me... did her killer know the dog, & tie him up for some reason?

RIP Toyah Cordingley xx This should never have happened :(

The following paragraphs are about the dog, from an article - attached below

Her “larger than average dog”, identified as a German shepherd cross, great dane, mastiff, was found tied up at the scene, the Daily Mail reports.

The breeds are known to be aggressive towards strangers, with German shepherds particularly known for “resource guarding”, meaning they can become aggressive when someone touches their food or their owner.

The large dog may have been tied up before a threat was presented, or it did not see the killer as a threat.

Woman murdered walking dog on Queensland beach
Thanks for sharing.

By tying the dog perhaps it was to keep him out of the way, from barking or attacking, but perhaps the person cared for dogs as he did not cause any harm to it.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.

By tying the dog perhaps it was to keep him out of the way, from barking or attacking, but perhaps the person cared for dogs as he did not cause any harm to it.

True... he (or unlikely she?) didn't cause any harm to her dog. Just wondering about the reasons she may have tied him? In my experience, if i tie my dog, it's because of another dog (not getting along together) or because of little children. I wonder if he had a dog & they fought? This poor woman, so isolated...

I did make an assumption of he. I am not sure why you would tie the dog, I know I have when I have used change rooms/showers/bathrooms at the beach. I wonder if there is one there?

True... he (or unlikely she?) didn't cause any harm to her dog. Just wondering about the reasons she may have tied him? In my experience, if i tie my dog, it's because of another dog (not getting along together) or because of little children. I wonder if he had a dog & they fought? This poor woman, so isolated...

I did make an assumption of he. I am not sure why you would tie the dog, I know I have when I have used change rooms/showers/bathrooms at the beach. I wonder if there is one there?

Awesome point! I’ve heard in msm there are a few car parks along the beach... she was found in the dunes AFAIk? Wonder where her dog was found? Police say they are investigating the dog - I assume it’s either the dog’s location, it’s hair, or DNA on lead??

According to www.queensland.com/eu-au/attraction/wangetti-beach

There are no facilities:

Wangetti, Douglas Area

Local secret Wangetti Beach is just north of Palm Cove in Tropical North Queensland. Running from Slip Cliff Point to Red Cliff Point, the four kilometres of almost straight coastline has no facilities, with only a car park on either end of the beach and a stretch of highway connecting them.

When visiting Wangetti Beach, it is a must to stop by the southern end as this raw patch stunning and untouched coastline has been naturally eroded, leaving a quirky pebble stone covered section of the beach. You can build stone towers or try your hand at skipping the stones across the water, climb across and adventure through the pebbled mounts, or simply checkout the unique scenery.

With easy access from Palm Cove and a plethora of camping sites close by, Wangetti Beach offers fun, relaxation, and a great view of the entire beach from the northern lookouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname