Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update from the police has cemented in my mind that they have a suspect but that they need more evidence to stand a chance of convicting. I think the appeal for women with any information of strange behaviour in a wide area is to give the suspect a false sense of security.
Something has them looking at the lake - an eyewitness saying they saw someone throwing something in there, or phone tower pings of the suspects phone.
I imagine that they are appealing for dashcam footage going north as it would get a good picture of anyone coming south at those times.
I am hopeful that we will see an arrest before Christmas.

Curiously, where Toyahs boyfriends dog was lost the night she went missing (Spring Creek Falls) is about 15 minutes from Wangetti Beach(where Toyah was found)
Lake placid (where police conducted the search) is about 20 minutes from Woree, where it has been reported that she lived.
Her boyfriends friend has set up a go fund me for him, in it I believe it says that he and Toyah shared a house. I thought I had read that she had taken her boyfriends dog for a walk at the beach and that was the dog found with her? The missing dog post says the dog was last seen at 6pm, 15 minutes away from where Toyah was found early the next morning, but by 6pm, Toyah was also missing (whether it was known by anyone then or not, I'm unsure)

It was heartbreaking hearing her mom :( she did amazing job keeping it together and very nice of her sharing personal stories/information about Toyah.
Her mom dad and brother started searching Sunday night at Wangetti Beach after her boyfriend reported her missing i would assume to her family. No mention of him helping with the search, had it been my partner i would have been there in a second searching with the family or on my own!
I wonder when they found her car did they report it to police or just started searching themselves and only notified police early morning or once the dog was found, as they arrived just prior to Toyah been found at 7:45am. It was her dog Indie not the boyfriends dog Jersey as reported by media.
Did anyone notice Toyah's stepfather Darren (Snake) had what looked like a statement in front of him, wonder why it wasn't included in the release, maybe he decided not to read it?
Im sure someone knows more about what happen to Toyah, hopefully this video changes there mind in coming forward.

Last edited:
Things of interest that her mum said ......

....her boyfriend ( is the boyfriend who lived in Port Douglas or different one ..?)reported her missing ( to her family - or police)
... mum made it clear that step dad is the loving parent .. ( sounds like real dad not in her life for long ? Although he was clearly loving as out searching for her & collapses when found ) so just regular blended family dynamics ...
... appealing for any details ‘about this ‘ ( sounds like they are trying to piec3 all the bits together )
.. comment from Toyah especially for all the young women in the world ...’ n3ver give up ‘. .. kinda sounds to me in IMHO ... only .. partner abuse

this 4-5.30 time window, could this be when the killer was driving back from wangetti and disposing of items?
how do police pinpoint a time of someones movements if they dont have a suspect?

Maybe they've used the pings from Toyah's phone. It's a long shot, but maybe the reason the killer took her phone is because there's some incriminating text messages on there.

Just a thought...what if she was with say her boyfriend walking both dogs, "something" happened and he drove her to the beach and left her and left the dog to sort of "watch over her" until she was found. The other dog going missing the night she did is bizarre to me. Did she maybe have both dogs and they all went missing at the same time in separate locations? What are the chances of that?

Things of interest that her mum said ......

....her boyfriend ( is the boyfriend who lived in Port Douglas or different one ..?)reported her missing ( to her family - or police)
... mum made it clear that step dad is the loving parent .. ( sounds like real dad not in her life for long ? Although he was clearly loving as out searching for her & collapses when found ) so just regular blended family dynamics ...
... appealing for any details ‘about this ‘ ( sounds like they are trying to piec3 all the bits together )
.. comment from Toyah especially for all the young women in the world ...’ n3ver give up ‘. .. kinda sounds to me in IMHO ... only .. partner abuse

BBM - She starts off saying that her husband/step dad (Snake) was away for work. The person that collapsed was the real dad, he was helped back to his car by Toyah's brother.

Just a thought...what if she was with say her boyfriend walking both dogs, "something" happened and he drove her to the beach and left her and left the dog to sort of "watch over her" until she was found. The other dog going missing the night she did is bizarre to me. Did she maybe have both dogs and they all went missing at the same time in separate locations? What are the chances of that?
Possible.. I also wonder about the suggestion there was a new man in her life . - was this entirely accurate gossip - was it just someone who wanted to be her boyfriend - or a troubled friend ?

Possible.. I also wonder about the suggestion there was a new man in her life . - was this entirely accurate gossip - was it just someone who wanted to be her boyfriend - or a troubled friend ?

By most reports it's just gossip IMO.

Seems she lived with her boyfriend who reported her missing. And strangely it seems it was reported very near to the time he posted about his missing dog. :confused:

By most reports it's just gossip IMO.

Seems she lived with her boyfriend who reported her missing. And strangely it seems it was reported very near to the time he posted about his missing dog. :confused:
Yeah I tend to agree - although it has come up here a coho,e of times ... the timing of the dog being lost is odd isn’t it .

Ok so I looked at the area they were searching and it's a dead end with houses on one side and some sort of commercial building on the other.
The other interesting thing is across the river from where they were searching is this blue building pictured and a big industrial building next to it which by the looks of this link is some big Wastewater Processing plant: T01 - Rising Main Upgrade

Could be nothing but I thought the area was interesting

Attachments

• point.jpg
    point.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 20
  • point3.jpg
    point3.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 22
  • point4.JPG
    point4.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 18
Was reading back, im surprised i missed this..
I have just found a post that the boyfriend posted at 10:55pm on Sunday 21st October on facebook. He is asking if anyone has seen his missing dog Jersey, last seen walking up the track to Spring Creek Falls at 6pm on the Sunday.

Toyah mom confirmed it was Marco that reported Toyah missing i would assume by 10:55pm this would have already happen as Toyah's family were already at the beach Sunday night searching for her BUT he only posts about his dog. Very very strange!
I don't believe Toyah had a new boyfriend as been speculated, she posted almost daily on FB up until the day she died and still had in a relationship with Marco H.... They could have been on a break tho. If she had moved on with someone new she would have removed that status im sure.
I did read somewhere weeks ago she had moved back to Cairns after leaving the dog refuge in Port Douglas and started working at the pharmacy, maybe that could have been the time of a possible separation?
I get the feeling her family and friends didn't take to warmly towards him maybe there is good reason/s or they thought he just wasn't the right person for her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member