Australia- Two sisters in their 20s found dead inside Sydney unit had been there lengthy time, Suspicious deaths, June 2022

I remember an article repeating workers saying something about a chlorine/cleaning product smell.

jmho ymmv lrr
Probably someone threw some bleach around after the bodies were taken away, before the cleaners arrived, since the smell of death is unbearable.

If it's a choice between media reports alleging what was said by workers; vs a report by professional forensic scientists who worked the original scene, I know which one I consider more dependable for facts.

JMO

Oh Yes!
I forgot it was Covid time. Wow!
And their staying permit was coming to an end I suppose.
In June 2022 NSW had come out of lockdown for months, and things were slowly and surely getting back to normal. Including finding a job - indeed there has been labour shortage since then. Not sure about their visas... I forgot the details.

I have tried to find news of an inquest but have been unsuccessful. It looks to me that Murdoch media has been able to obtain the latest scoop from police? sources, ahead of the actual inquest. MOO

Probably someone threw some bleach around after the bodies were taken away, before the cleaners arrived, since the smell of death is unbearable.

If it's a choice between media reports alleging what was said by workers; vs a report by professional forensic scientists who worked the original scene, I know which one I consider more dependable for facts.

JMO
AFAIK that info has not been published.
On wS we get to discuss and speculate upon published material from a selection of approved MSM sources and that is what we have been doing since news of their deaths broke.

"sodium, nitrate and fluoride" also come up as a mouthwash in google search.

I'm no expert in suicides but I find it very strange if they chose this method to die in a "suicide pact" and managed to die in separate rooms on their own.

What about the early reports about chlorine and chemicals found in the rooms they died? And reports that the girls were afraid someone was tampering with their food and were afraid for their lives?

There are many discrepancies and little information released. They had a very expensive car in their possession. Couldn't they sell it to cover a years worth of rent?

Was the car ownership in their name?

Perhaps they were being followed though not by a private investigator. Somehow the women were so frightened that they wouldn't leave the apartment or even open the door to police.

It's good to read that they had some friends. Perhaps these friends were in Saudi Arabia, because we don't hear of their friends offering any assistance. They may have been too far away to connect the sisters with job opportunities or social assistance.

Well, an atheist or a lesbian, they were still.brought up in Islamic tradition, and letting men enter their apartment was a serious step. I think it was not paranoia, just culture-appropriate behavior.

I wonder if the supporting relative passed away, and the brothers decided not to continue supporting them.

Sisters Asra Abdullah Alsehli (left) and Amaal Abdullah Alsehli

When the sisters’ deaths were discovered, their family did not travel to Australia to claim their bodies, instead delegating authority to the Saudi consulate in Sydney.

NSW police confirmed that the sisters’ bodies had since been repatriated to Saudi Arabia.
It comes after the Guardian revealed the sisters attended a girls-only queer event in January where they told acquaintances gay women “live in fear” in Saudi Arabia.

A woman who met the sisters at the event said they were “keeping to themselves” at the party and were reluctant to talk in detail about their home country.

“They mentioned that they were from Saudi Arabia, and we talked about what it is like to be queer there,” the woman said.

“They said women live in fear of their safety and that they were grateful to be living in Australia, where they could more freely express themselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back