Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth was going down that there was this huge fight and then a fatal plunge when they'd only hooked up that night for the first time? What was going on in that apartment??

So Mr Tostee is known to police.

"Australia's Nine News reported Tostee was known to police for a fraud he was previously involved in that netted him and two friends AU$30,000 (NZ$32,800). The trio were found guilty in 2004 of making hundreds of fake ID cards for underage teenagers attending end-of-exams party week known as Schoolies."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/10367377/Kiwi-dies-after-Surfers-Paradise-balcony-fall

Mr Tostee is known to police, masterminding a $30,000 Schoolies fake identification racket in 2004.

Mr Tostee and his friends Ryan Lee Sara and Jeremy James Stahl produced at least 500 fake 18+ cards, which they sold for about $60 each, before they were caught.

The trio was placed on probation but a conviction was not recorded.

At the time Judge John Newton described Mr Tostee as intellectually gifted and advised him to better use his skills in the future.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/woman-plunges-to-death-from-surfers-paradise-apartment-hours-after-meeting-man-via-dating-app/story-fnihsrf2-1227018955203

“I heard her screaming once and then she stopped, and then she screamed again and then she stopped again, and then she screamed a third time and after that I heard a bang,” she said.[/I]

How long would it take for her to fall 14 floors, I wonder. Not very long, I think.

^ Answering my own question, I calculated this very generously as to height of fall and weight of victim, and came up with 3.5 seconds.

Three screams, three pauses in under 4 seconds. Kind of a stretch?

What on earth was going down that there was this huge fight and then a fatal plunge when they'd only hooked up that night for the first time? What was going on in that apartment??

That was exactly my immediate thought. What on earth could they be fighting over to that degree, having just met?

^ Answering my own question, I calculated this very generously as to height of fall and weight of victim, and came up with 3.5 seconds.

What if it went like this;

Something she didn't like was going down inside the apartment so she ran onto the balcony..... the perp (whoever that may be) caught up with her and she screamed........ he grabbed her and shut her up but she got free and screamed again....he silences her again (eg hand over mouth) but she breaks free and the final scream was as she fell to her death?

Horrible thoughts but trying to make sense of this. Poor woman. :facepalm:

Probably two (or three) screams from the balcony itself ...

ETA: Snap, Isis

2s5z18o.jpg

"It is understood he was uncooperative with police during the interview and was later taken to Southport Police Station for forensic testing."

Article/Image: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lic_rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yeah, that's what I was thinking - too many screams, not enough fall-time to fit em all in.

Just thinking about the forensic testing -

If she was involved in a physical altercation she may well have skin or tissue of the person she fought with under her fingernails......

Hopefully some of the truth of what happened up there is revealed from her body. It often is.

OMG - he was "uncooperative"? Well that doesn't bode well for him, does it??:thinking:

We can glean from this link that Gable is a computer/IT professional, and his lawyer was present for his two hours of questioning by the police.

We can glean from this link that Gable is a computer/IT professional, and his lawyer was present for his two hours of questioning by the police.

I think you forgot the link, Possumheart :seeya:

I was only just reading about a rape in Baton Rouge, La. a few days ago after a young woman met a guy on the Tinder app.

July 29, 2014: Police: Man Raped Woman He Met On Dating App Tinder
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/29/police-man-raped-woman-he-met-on-dating-app-tinder/

And didn't we find out that DJK (the accused in Morgan Huxley's case in Sydney) used Tinder?

Man I'd be steering clear of any of those hook ups, big time!! It's a nutter's dream. (not that I'm paranoid or anything!!:facepalm:)

My instincts tell me he shot through because he was under the influence of something ... Like methamphetamine, my opinion only.

That's what I'm thinking.
It will be very interesting to hear his story as to what happened and that he will have told police by now.
I wonder if meth (or whatever) might have led to some kind of hallucination that resulted in climbing over the balcony.
From what I understand the balcony safeguards are quite high and it would not be possible for even a tall person to lean over and fall. I heard it reported (but can't verify - sorry) that MSM mentioned "balcony hopping".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288