NOTGUILTY Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by MsAnais, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

No I was wondering what SMH meant and that was the only thing that came to mind .

2. Kitsune

Kitsune Member

My first thought this afternoon. Someone will definitely pay for the first interview!

3. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Hahaha ... so much confusion over that SMH. Is it shake my head? Is it Sydney Morning Herald? It gets a lot of people, from other comments I have read elsewhere here on WS.

(I know what you meant, Karrina.)

4. TootsieFootsie

Thank you Fruity !! :)

5. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

Yes it's more than enough from him already. He needs to go crawl back under his rock and fade away, IMO.

6. Karinna

Oh LOL.

7. TootsieFootsie

I hate it when people don't put the cheese back in the fridge, I have a friend that does that, and also does it with milk as well.

8. Elde Fruit

Elde Fruit Former Member

That is just not correct, Makara. There is no evidence he did that, and the Jury's verdict flies in the face of that scenario.

9. Cleaver Greene

Cleaver Greene Verified Attorney - Australia

my theory is that the prosecution had a lot of evidence it was trying to get admitted, but was excluded in pre trial argument. The sorts of evidence I am thinking of is an interpretation of what was happening during the audio, online posts, etc. once that was all excluded, there was too much public pressure to withdraw the charges, so prosecution pushed on, knowing that it would never secure a conviction.

10. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

We're probably not going to go for Round Two. Or change our opinions too much.
    I know I'm not going to, anyway.

11. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

Ditto

12. matey

matey New Member

:floorlaugh:.............:floorlaugh:.............:floorlaugh:.............:floorlaugh:.............:floorlaugh:...

Pretty hard to beat that good ol' Trooper sense of humour...MOO.

13. Karinna

Have any legal eagles weighed in on this yet?

14. jessicalouise

jessicalouise Well-Known Member

Useless?? The findings i'm reading at the moment are incredibly thorough. I don't see how they could be useless. Putting someone on trial for murder/manslaughter is very different to finding out how someone died and what lead to their death. If WW was my daughter or loved one i would want to know all the facts. If only to put it to rest and give her the respect she deserves.

Plus as far as I am aware a coronial inquest is obligatory.

15. JCB

JCB Active Member

Edited.

16. MelbourneSleuth

MelbourneSleuth New Member

I literally thought the same tonight, if we have to endure the paid interviews, the book deals, a documentary I will go spare [emoji849] Luckily I don't watch much TV [emoji1419]

And for all the Tosser cheer squad, enjoy your 5 minutes of trolling happiness in your black soul because it's all you have.

Plus it's evident to the world now that Australia's outdated legislation & legal systems are no longer working for the technological age society we have now and will continue to have such in the future if they don't start getting with the times.

Peace out [emoji111]🏼️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Elde Fruit

Elde Fruit Former Member

Do you think there is any fact not already known to them? Do you not think the Police have kept them fully informed of everything they had? Do you think they want to go through the same process all over again? I use the term 'useless' because it will not discover anything not already known.

18. Karinna

ITA. I said the other day it is an antiquated outdated system and definitely needs to be updated for this day and age. Out with the old and on with the new, it's time for law reform.

19. BreakingNews

BreakingNews Well-Known Member

Elde Fruit, the family stated after the verdict to leave them in peace. Your comments are so disrespectful. There is no such thing as a 'useless Coronial Inquest'. In Queensland a Coronial Inquest HAS to determine the cause of death. Are you trying to bait everyone here? If so, this is not the forum for it. Take your anger to the media and leave WS to what it does best (and what it is for). Get over it and get a life.

20. Makara

Makara Former Member

I read somewhere on MSM today that he'd told his friends (he has friends?) that he will have to leave the Gold Coast. He just can't live there now. If I see him in my town, I'll let you all know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.