Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would buy the story do you mean?

Hahaha ... so much confusion over that SMH. Is it shake my head? Is it Sydney Morning Herald? It gets a lot of people, from other comments I have read elsewhere here on WS.

(I know what you meant, Karrina.)

We've already heard the 'real' Tostee and so did Warriena before he chucked her onto his balcony. Or more to the point, picked her up and placed her on the ledge of his balcony.

Yes it's more than enough from him already. He needs to go crawl back under his rock and fade away, IMO.

Hahaha ... so much confusion over that SMH. Is it shake my head? Is it Sydney Morning Herald? It gets a lot of people, from other comments I have read elsewhere here on WS.

(I know what you meant, Karrina.)

Oh LOL.

I hate it when people don't put the cheese back in the fridge, I have a friend that does that, and also does it with milk as well.

He might and tell a whole lot bull****
The only thing I am interest in hearing from him. Is why he didn't put the cheese back in the fridge.

We've already heard the 'real' Tostee and so did Warriena before he chucked her onto his balcony. Or more to the point, picked her up and placed her on the ledge of his balcony.

That is just not correct, Makara. There is no evidence he did that, and the Jury's verdict flies in the face of that scenario.

I can only speculate. As I have already said, I believe the DPP had no expectation they would win. They thought they might perhaps on the coat tails of sympathy for the deceased. Hardly a professional approach, so unlikely. Perhaps, in light in the Baden-Clay matter, they thought (unsurprisingly given the Posts here on the matter) there would be such a public back lash, they did not want to go down that path. Hence, perhaps, a show Trial to appease those baying for the blood of the obvious scape goat. It is also conceivable they thought they might create a precedent on causation in a manslaughter trial where they could argue overwhelming fear as the required link between the death and the act of the accused. Who knows. My lean is toward the 'show trial' theory, given the Baden-Clay events. "If we don't indict this bloke, even though our chances are zero, there will be a public outcry, the politicians will get nervous and force our hand to our professional embarrassment. Let's go 'show,' and the public will have no choice but to accept a Jury verdict of not guilty, whereas if we decide not to prosecute, it will never end." The Baden-Clay case has had unintended consequences, not just of a strictly technical legal kind. I am so pleased I was not here when that saga was under way!

my theory is that the prosecution had a lot of evidence it was trying to get admitted, but was excluded in pre trial argument. The sorts of evidence I am thinking of is an interpretation of what was happening during the audio, online posts, etc. once that was all excluded, there was too much public pressure to withdraw the charges, so prosecution pushed on, knowing that it would never secure a conviction.

That is just not correct, Makara. There is no evidence he did that, and the Jury's verdict flies in the face of that scenario.

We're probably not going to go for Round Two. Or change our opinions too much.
I know I'm not going to, anyway.

it would be a huge gamble for the person who buys Gabe's gabble... . and as far as TV goes, he just isn't TV material.. he is not all there, and slow witted, as well, but there is the obvious and escalating problem of Gabe's waistline. It has disappeared and Gabe is actually having trouble fitting thru normal doors.. TV would add about 10 kilos onto Gabe's face alone.. ..

I just don't think there are any advertisers out there, who want to be attached to Gabe Tostee.. not now and not ever. Money cannot be made out of Gabe.

:floorlaugh:.............:floorlaugh:.............:floorlaugh:.............:floorlaugh:.............:floorlaugh:...

Pretty hard to beat that good ol' Trooper sense of humour...MOO.

BBM. Do you think they want to endure a useless Coronial Inquest?

Useless?? The findings i'm reading at the moment are incredibly thorough. I don't see how they could be useless. Putting someone on trial for murder/manslaughter is very different to finding out how someone died and what lead to their death. If WW was my daughter or loved one i would want to know all the facts. If only to put it to rest and give her the respect she deserves.

Plus as far as I am aware a coronial inquest is obligatory.

I literally thought the same tonight, if we have to endure the paid interviews, the book deals, a documentary I will go spare [emoji849] Luckily I don't watch much TV [emoji1419]

And for all the Tosser cheer squad, enjoy your 5 minutes of trolling happiness in your black soul because it's all you have.

Plus it's evident to the world now that Australia's outdated legislation & legal systems are no longer working for the technological age society we have now and will continue to have such in the future if they don't start getting with the times.

Peace out [emoji111]🏼️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Useless?? The findings i'm reading at the moment are incredibly thorough. I don't see how they could be useless. Putting someone on trial for murder/manslaughter is very different to finding out how someone died and what lead to their death. If WW was my daughter or loved one i would want to know all the facts. If only to put it to rest and give her the respect she deserves.

Plus as far as I am aware a coronial inquest is obligatory.

Do you think there is any fact not already known to them? Do you not think the Police have kept them fully informed of everything they had? Do you think they want to go through the same process all over again? I use the term 'useless' because it will not discover anything not already known.

I literally thought the same tonight, if we have to endure the paid interviews, the book deals, a documentary I will go spare [emoji849] Luckily I don't watch much TV [emoji1419]

And for all the Tosser cheer squad, enjoy your 5 minutes of trolling happiness in your black soul because it's all you have.

Plus it's evident to the world now that Australia's outdated legislation & legal systems are no longer working for the technological age society we have now and will continue to have such in the future if they don't start getting with the times.

Peace out [emoji111]��️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITA. I said the other day it is an antiquated outdated system and definitely needs to be updated for this day and age. Out with the old and on with the new, it's time for law reform.

BBM. Do you think they want to endure a useless Coronial Inquest?

Elde Fruit, the family stated after the verdict to leave them in peace. Your comments are so disrespectful. There is no such thing as a 'useless Coronial Inquest'. In Queensland a Coronial Inquest HAS to determine the cause of death. Are you trying to bait everyone here? If so, this is not the forum for it. Take your anger to the media and leave WS to what it does best (and what it is for). Get over it and get a life.

Yes it's more than enough from him already. He needs to go crawl back under his rock and fade away, IMO.

I read somewhere on MSM today that he'd told his friends (he has friends?) that he will have to leave the Gold Coast. He just can't live there now. If I see him in my town, I'll let you all know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member