Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

They kind of don't though; that's the point. Yes, under stress people act in slightly different ways, but natural instincts largely remain the same for the majority of people. Yes, there are exceptions... but when added up with a dirge of other circumstances that are odd, then it's only a matter of logic before the whole situation becomes odd.

The way he acted was not the norm. The way he reacted was not the norm. The way he then called his lawyer instead of an ambulance was not the norm. The fact that he ordered pizza was not the norm. The fact that he recorded their encounter was not the norm.

Do you get it yet?

I do get it, but the only reason you know it's potentially odd, is that it was recorded and you get to listen to it. There's probably hundreds upon thousands of odd things that have happened, that you will never be able to judge because they weren't recorded.

I subscribe to "Dash Cams Australia" on youtube. Where real life situations/accidents are recorded. I watch these recordings and are bewildered by the reactions and actions I see of the people who have just been through a traumatic experience. IMO many people wouldn't think they would act like the dash cams recordings show, but time upon time watching these I see odd/strange/abnormal reactions.

Sponsors:
Honda
IGA
Nurofen
Wizard.com.au
Nissan
Beacon Lighting
Officeworks
Light and Easy

Yes because Tostee put her on the other side of the railing!
I guess that is just rumour and can be ignored. This:
I wish they asked him what that object was he removed from his unit. Why, why didn't they ask him?
...also has me intrigued. Why did they not ask that most obvious question?

This:
I wish they asked him what that object was he removed from his unit. Why, why didn't they ask him?
...also has me intrigued. Why did they not ask that most obvious question?

Perhaps it was vetted out of the questions. He may have had that media representative, who helped him set up the 60 Minutes interview, cover the stuff he didn't want to answer. Made sure it was not included.

Perhaps it was vetted out of the questions. He may have had that media representative, who helped him set up the 60 Minutes interview, cover the stuff he didn't want to answer. Made sure it was not included.
I doubt that, given the Reporter took a very personal stand when he said to Tosstee: "I don't believe you." or words to that effect. That had far dramatic TV effect than asking about that object. My conclusion is that they knew, whatever it was, it was innocuous. I also, in cynicism, suspect that 60 Minutes deliberately left the question unasked as the kicker for on-going discussion about its programme.

I do get it, but the only reason you know it's potentially odd, is that it was recorded and you get to listen to it. There's probably hundreds upon thousands of odd things that have happened, that you will never be able to judge because they weren't recorded.

I subscribe to "Dash Cams Australia" on youtube. Where real life situations/accidents are recorded. I watch these recordings and are bewildered by the reactions and actions I see of the people who have just been through a traumatic experience. IMO many people wouldn't think they would act like the dash cams recordings show, but time upon time watching these I see odd/strange/abnormal reactions.

Odd reactions, yes. Grouped with odd actions, odd forum posts, odd behaviour, odd dating rituals, odd past dates, odd outlines of body 'jokes', odd decision making pre and post accident, odd dialogue on the night, odd choice of phone calls... it becomes less just about an odd reaction to a trauma and more a wholly odd situation with a tragic outcome.

You know what? I genuinely hope that, despite some of the rude tones you've used in presenting your arguments, you're correct in that it was a tragic accident and he had no blame. Because if the alternative is true, then we are probably looking at someone who will hurt again, if not kill again.

I want to believe in the former option, but just because I don't, doesn't make me any less intelligent or able to look at evidence or the case particulars or anything else... we don't have to be rude to each other to disagree.

Put 2 of the most educated people in the world next to each other and they will eventually find something they disagree on. It doesn't make one less educated or intelligent; it simply means they have their own minds that interpret things differently. Such is life.

In the interview, Tostee admitted an earlier threat to Wright, "you're lucky I haven't chucked you off my balcony" - which was captured on the recording - was a "horribly unfortunate" choice of words.
"Yeah, and I didn't intend that as a threat. I intended it as a figure of speech to say, 'You're lucky I've been so tolerant with you'."................

"I hate the fact that the last thing Warriena experienced was an argument, an altercation," he told 60 Minutes.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/864161...he-night-Warriena-Wright-died-in-TV-interview

Tostee's level of fear on the recording is quite palpable, its just a matter of listening to it.

Use the ignore function, Possumheart has posted enough times about it. And besides, Id like to hear what JD has to say, so please continue JD.

Tostee was never in fear. Quite palpable? LOL. I've listened to the full recording and Tostee was playing a role for his recording. Not once was he in fear of Warriena, ever!

I watched the Programme. I saw/heard nothing not already concluded in discussions about the matter here and elsewhere. There was certainly nothing there which would give a second prosecution any chance of even getting off the ground. If that Inquest is held, perhaps there, the last piece of the puzzle, that object he disposed of, will be resolved. So.....nothing new Folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member