Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I throw in a question to the posters who are in support of GT - what do you aim to achieve in this thread? What's the goal?

I haven't seen any posters here of late "in support of GT". By far the majority of posters here think he is a murderer and are gleefully hoping that he will suffer for the rest of his life. There are a few posters here who think the actions people point to as "proof" of his guilt are equally consistent with his innocence.

This is a forum to discuss. We are discussing. I am very interested in the viewpoints of the posters who have been told tonight that no one here is interested in them.

If you revisit your previous post, you were talking about situations of stress and when under duress. My comment was with regard to that. Please keep my comments within context.
Sorry Loz, I thought I had. You were posting about what people would do in any given situation of some high drama and violence. So....what would you do if you had been put out on that balcony, (assuming you had taken all the obvious risks in even being in his Apartment alone) after you has thrown rocks at him and around his Apartment, then tried to kill him with a metal object (doesn't sound like you at all but, you reckon you know what people in that situation would do) and the Big Bad Guy shut the door and moved away from you? What do you do?

Well.....that excludes me. I am not here to support Tostee. No-one is in a personal sense. Those whom you think are mindlessly supporting him are, more correctly, supporting the Judicial Process and the outcome of that process in this matter in the State of Queensland. Is it okay if I toss that question back at you? What do you aim to achieve in your lack of support for that process and the outcome? Do you think the Queensland Attorney-General is busy as we speak re-drafting that process which has been arrived at after a few centuries of developed common law and statute law just because a few do not agree with what was always going to be the outcome?

If I were in a forum thread dedicated to Nicole Brown telling you all the ways that OJ Simpson is innocent because he wasn't found guilty, I'd expect that people would think I was being inflammatory. Why would you pick a thread dedicated to the victim?

I want to discuss the case and throw out views and opinions without being attacked and told time and time and time and time again that "he was found not guilty, get over it".

I don't understand what you're getting out of it. Let people discuss it, let them scream he's guilty. What does it matter to you? You know different, apparently... so why attack people for having a different view just because the case went the way you thought it would?

Admin Note:

I feel like I walked into a Chinese restaurant and everyone is tossing egg rolls at each other.

STOP tossing egg rolls.

WS is a DISCUSSION board and there are bound to be differing opinions.

Please discuss responsibly and respectively of your fellow posters or risk the loss of posting privileges.

That's it

I'm sorry, I didn't direct this question at you and I have no idea what you're referring to. Could you elaborate?
Actually you did direct it at me, Post #1164 might help you refresh your memory.

I think the question of what GT was carrying when he left the building was off limits. There was no good reason to ask it. Any answer he gave would only fuel further speculation. I think he had legal advice on the boundaries of the interview.

Admin Note:

I feel like I walked into a Chinese restaurant and everyone is tossing egg rolls at each other.

STOP tossing egg rolls.

WS is a DISCUSSION board and there are bound to be differing opinions.

Please discuss responsibly and respectively of your fellow posters or risk the loss of posting privileges.

That's it

Egg rolls. LOL. Love the analogy CP. In this instance it feels more like tossing slices of pizza, with or without olives.

Thank you so much for your patience here. It's very much appreciated.

He was scared, it's easy for us to say how we would have reacted sitting here after listening to the recording etc.

I see it no different to those who flee the scene after causing a car accident, they're not thinking straight. Lot's of people flee after car accidents..lots.

Adrenalin, shock, alcohol, fear all rushing through your body, everyone would or could act differently, some people deal with those situations better than others.

BBM: Fleeing the scene of an accident is an indictable offence irrespective of any proffered excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288