Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporter Tiffiny Genders approached the couple and asked words to the effect of "have you ever lied to Police about where you were on the day William disappeared?"

William Tyrrell Update: William Tyrrell's foster parents leave Sydney as search for remains enters day 19

The article says ...... "No charges have been laid as police investigate a new theory William fell from the balcony of a Kendall home before his body was moved.
9News asked the woman about this line of inquiry, but she declined to answer any questions."

Last edited:
Reporter Tiffiny Genders approached the couple and asked words to the effect of "have you ever lied to Police about where you were on the day William disappeared?"

William Tyrrell Update: William Tyrrell's foster parents leave Sydney as search for remains enters day 19

Weeks later one of them was charged with knowingly giving false or misleading evidence.

Secret recordings to be played at hearing as William Tyrrell's foster father denies giving false evidence

That's one hearing that I'd like to witness, however, given that here we go again with the 'secret' bit, I wonder (a) if it will be open to the public, and (b) if so, then if the 'secret' stuff will be played in closed court.

The article says ...... "No charges have been laid as police investigate a new theory William fell from the balcony of a Kendall home before his body was moved.
9News asked the woman about this line of inquiry, but she declined to answer any questions."

Recent media articles, like the second one I posted, state clearly charges have been laid.

JMO

That's one hearing that I'd like to witness, however, given that here we go again with the 'secret' bit, I wonder (a) if it will be open to the public, and (b) if so, then if the 'secret' stuff will be played in closed court.

I'm not getting my hopes up that the public will find out many details.

As frustrating and unfair as it seems, the secrecy won't last forever. It's the calm before the storm in my opinion

I'm not getting my hopes up that the public will find out many details.

As frustrating and unfair as it seems, the secrecy won't last forever. It's the calm before the storm in my opinion

Yes I feel LE are chipping away. They have a line they’re working towards and little bits of info here and there. They may have something under wraps from the public that they need further evidence or confirmation to take it further. The past few months has seemingly been slowly sifting through new and old evidence. Probably slowly due to the court system taking so long.

I understand how the FFC’s have pushed to keep everything under wraps to stop stalking etc as in the past….but Spedding had been in the same position before and came out to protest his innocence, why can’t the fosters do the same? What have they got to lose, or are there other reasons they want their names withheld?

I wonder why the Crime Commission didn't summon FM, and charge her for lying to them.
Could be that it is unrelated.

He was charged in January but the public didn't find out until March due to partial lifting of suppression orders.

It is because of this that I am holding off on feeling confident that no other charges were laid against him or others.

William Tyrrell’s foster father charged with giving false, misleading evidence to NSW Crime Commission

JMO

His lawyers need the time to go over the evidence? The court diary? Who knows?

JMO
I thought they have claimed they already have the evidence needed to prove it? And they complained about the trial being 2 days long---saying that was too much time, and should take much less.

So why would they need 7 months to take it to trial?

He was charged in January but the public didn't find out until March due to partial lifting of suppression orders.

It is because of this that I am holding off on feeling confident that no other charges were laid against him or others.

William Tyrrell’s foster father charged with giving false, misleading evidence to NSW Crime Commission

JMO

When do you think they will charge the FM with lying to them, if they had summoned her also and she also had allegedly told mistruths?

Not seeing why they would wait, they seemed to be trying to apply pressure on her.

Charge them both with regard to the AVO, and only charge one of them for lying? Not seeing it (if it is to do with William).

Yes I feel LE are chipping away. They have a line they’re working towards and little bits of info here and there. They may have something under wraps from the public that they need further evidence or confirmation to take it further. The past few months has seemingly been slowly sifting through new and old evidence. Probably slowly due to the court system taking so long.

I understand how the FFC’s have pushed to keep everything under wraps to stop stalking etc as in the past….but Spedding had been in the same position before and came out to protest his innocence, why can’t the fosters do the same? What have they got to lose, or are there other reasons they want their names withheld?

It's not the names for me anymore, it's more the secrecy surrounding the charges.

What Spedding went through was so much worse too. The current poi has nothing to complain about in comparison.
JMO

When do you think they will charge the FM with lying to them, if they had summoned her also and she also had allegedly told mistruths?

Not seeing why they would wait, they seemed to be trying to apply pressure on her.

Charge them both with regard to the AVO, and only charge one of them for lying? Not seeing it.

This could be true. But because of the secrecy surrounding the NSWCC, how can we say for sure she hasn't been?

JMO

I thought they have claimed they already have the evidence needed to prove it? And they complained about the trial being 2 days long---saying that was too much time, and should take much less.

So why would they need 7 months to take it to trial?

I'm saying defense lawyers may need the time to go over evidence, not the Prosecutors.

It's not the names for me anymore, it's more the secrecy surrounding the charges.

What Spedding went through was so much worse too. The current poi has nothing to complain about in comparison.
JMO
Doesn't that give you pause---the way they went after him so publicly and erroneously? Could they be doing the same thing again, here now?

This could be true. But because of the secrecy surrounding the NSWCC, how can we say for sure she hasn't been?

JMO

We can't ... we will never hear many details about active investigations. However, we can work in probabilities.

FM probably hasn't been called to the Crime Commission (or hasn't told them any alleged lies), so she hasn't been charged. Otherwise we probably would have heard about it. They were trying to apply a lot of pressure on her. imo

So, the matter that FD has been charged with could very well not be about William.
Because otherwise one could reasonably expect that FM would have been called to the Crime Commission also (and, presumably, told alleged mistruths) and been charged.

That's how I see it.

Last edited:
If these lies from Foster Dad are so egregious, why are they waiting until October to get to the bottom of it?

The important point here is he was charged with lying to a crime Commission, it’s a pretty serious charge. Timing or irrelevant, they haven’t said why October but he is still charged. The lie apparently happened in January and was made public a few weeks ago as well so more information not known by us could be released too

JMO

Can be looked at as a red flag imo. If my child was missing- fostered or bio, I’d want my face being seen making a plea to see my child and the anguish it’s caused myself and my family. People may recognise something and come forward.
And if I was ever looked at as a POI, I’d be stating my case in person or on media to prove my innocence and show the public I could never stay a POI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike