Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coincidence?

The Press Council has considered whether its Standards of Practice were breached ........

The publication said it had accurately reported details of what it said was a major development in the police investigation into the disappearance of William Tyrrell, missing since September 2014. It said in reporting on these developments, it had taken steps to offer several opportunities to Mr Spedding and his family to address the police interest in him. Although Mr Spedding declined to comment, a close friend “had spoken on his behalf” and his comments defending Mr Spedding were prominently featured in the article. The publication also said the article was balanced and not limited to reporting on Mr Spedding as it had also reported another line of enquiry, the police search of a local caravan park.

http://www.presscouncil.org.au/document-search/adj-1651/

"Police came here. They wanted to have a look through even though I'd been through that cabin since. We went down because obviously there might have been a body in there or [the police] thought there could be."
The owner said he gave the address of the couple to police and "away they went".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/caravan-p...iam-tyrell-20150121-12ux0y.html#ixzz3oyPvPxRH

The caravan park offered balanced reporting Puggle .... hmm.

BBM
This is an odd comment and makes me think that the cabin was privately owned. If it was just rented surely the owner/manager would have gone in to clean it for the next person. A cabin that is owned might be kept differently unless the van park rents it out for the owner. He doesnt say he went in to clean it, just that he went through because he thought there might have been 'a body'???

Although off topic to WT case, the doubt I see presented is the character of one witness, the total lack of memory from another witness and references made to coaching in a third witness, also a possible other supsect with form who may have been able to do this crime unless the police come up with something in the medical report as to the age of the injuries which would rule him out, and no original police interview transcript of BS.

Something I did find curious was the search of the Caravan Park being made mentioned of (msm) in that same time frame as they were announcing Bill Speddings Home and office being searched.

It also struck me odd of it's inclusion....where MSM had chose to ignore reporting on the number of homes in and around Benaroon that had been searched, had their septic drains emptied etc....

So why is it that msm chose to not make much mention of those searches at the time or publicise those facts....But the Caravan Park search gets the mention??

They'll say anything that makes a good story. For example, they made it sound like BS had a secret dungeon under his house.

I think the Skype theory came about because the image appeared to be of lower resolution.
It could also just be a photo of lower resolution...

The picture circulating was low resolution because someone took a picture of it on the 60 seconds show with a camera phone and then cropped it. JMO.

Thanks for that....

So no Typo!! ... there was an allegation by his Ex that Bill and another woman were involved.

Totally missed that one.

Yes the judges comments that this witness had made previous allegations against other men - is favourable to Bill's defence.

So we have this doubt presented ...

Shall be interesting what Police eventually come up with ......

It does make you wonder about the timeframe of certain personal events in BS's life.
I would be interested to know if he met his first wife through her brother or vice versa.
And when did he meet MS? And how?

Although off topic to WT case, the doubt I see presented is the character of one witness, the total lack of memory from another witness and references made to coaching in a third witness, also a possible other supsect with form who may have been able to do this crime unless the police come up with something in the medical report as to the age of the injuries which would rule him out, and no original police interview transcript of BS.

I can't be 100% sure .... but I think the character of one witness and the coaching witness are one in the same person.

They'll say anything that makes a good story. For example, they made it sound like BS had a secret dungeon under his house.

So true! Also remember the sleazy sounding mattress they said was in his office space at the pawn shop? Media.

Yes the media did a knock out job on that one ... given a lot of Australian homes are built on similar structured foundations.

See there appears to be a truth .... just they tend to put their own spin on the truth.

Really is a matter of looking at things fed to us with logic and common sense in mind at all times.

The picture circulating was low resolution because someone took a picture of it on the 60 seconds show with a camera phone and then cropped it. JMO.

Yes also that - because we have only ever seen it as a screenshot from the programme haven't we?

I can't be 100% sure .... but I think the character of one witness and the coaching witness are one in the same person.

The mother's character was questioned. And the older child was said to be coached by the mother. The younger child remembers nothing.

So true! Also remember the sleazy sounding mattress they said was in his office space at the pawn shop? Media.

I think the sleazy part came out of individual imaginations not from anything the media wrote ....

I have to admit I found it odd to have a mattress be found in his office space though .... it's just something I wouldn't expect to find in such a small space.

From My understanding he had one half of the upstairs area and the other side was some sort of rental situation where two people lived ???........Really stretching the grey matter to remember.

Actually it would be interesting if we could find out exactly when he closed down the pawn broking business. If had been for quite awhile .... then I'd be curious as to why he still rented the space.

A mattress.....some computers....what else was taken?

Surely if that business was defunct he would have no need for the space as he could operate his "repairs" business from home; Home computer for: (computer invoicing, sourcing suppliers, contact details etc) and personal phone for calls ????? .......... Tax right off perhaps??

Yes also that - because we have only ever seen it as a screenshot from the programme haven't we?

That's all I've ever seen. People said it was circulating before the 60 Minutes show, but the screenshots of the original post with the 'theory' about where the picture came from show a very poor quality copy of the picture and the picture has a red pin at the top where it was pinned to the police noticeboard on the 60 Minutes show.

Two things I've questioned since BS was named as a poi:
1. Have they investigated the person/people who tipped them off about BS involvement in the WT case? What if someone was out for revenge?

2. Then I think, if BS has no involvement in the case why haven't the police come out and cleared his name? They released early on that other ppl had been cleared of their involvement in the case so why not BS? Yet no charges have been laid either. They must know more to keep him a poi for so long.

Nothing makes sense.

Two things I've questioned since BS was named as a poi:
1. Have they investigated the person/people who tipped them off about BS involvement in the WT case? What if someone was out for revenge?

2. Then I think, if BS has no involvement in the case why haven't the police come out and cleared his name? They released early on that other ppl had been cleared of their involvement in the case so why not BS? Yet no charges have been laid either. They must know more to keep him a poi for so long.
Nothing makes sense.

BBM: I think that is the answer.

MOD ALERT: Stop posting Facebook rumours. Continuing to ignore the rules will result in a loss of posting privileges and your account will be placed under review.

The case came back in to the public eye yesterday after police executed a series of search warrants following information received anonymously through Crime Stoppers.
Three cars seized were seized and towed away from the property while Sydney detectives also seized a car, computer and a mattress last night, all of which will undergo forensic testing. Officers also searched a first-floor unit above a shop, believed to belong to Mr Spedding, on the corner of Bold and Seymour Sts at Laurieton yesterday.
Before that, a caravan park at Laurieton, about 15 minutes from Bonny Hill, was also searched by police last week as part of their investigation after a resident complained about hearing a child’s screams.
Before the search at his home began William Spedding had been appealing for help to find the missing boy, saying: “Don’t give up looking”.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227191279369

On Wednesday an excavator was called in and the Bonny Hills property's septic tank was drained. Police also seized a number of items from the home.
On Tuesday police executed a search warrant at a Laurieton pawn shop that is believed to be operated by Mr Spedding.
A small mattress and computer equipment were among the items seized
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-...desmans-home-in-william-tyrell-search/6032816

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-h...iam-tyrell-investigation-20150121-12v4n3.html

Police focused on a fibro cabin in the caravan park, where residents said they heard the cries of a child about the time William was reported missing.
The owner of the caravan park told Fairfax Media that a resident had called police after hearing a child crying in a cabin where a middle-aged couple from Victoria stayed from September 28 to October 9.
"They heard an infant crying and they thought it was coming from that cabin," the owner said.
"We don't have kids, [nor are there] many children in the park; they are all retired here, so it is an unusual sound," he said.
The owner said he gave the address of the couple to police and "away they went".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-h...estigation-20150121-12v4n3.html#ixzz3ozIIzZdG
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

The article states that the police searched the cabin a week before the raids on BS properties. Did the police investigate the cries in the cabin at the time it was reported? Were the Victorian couple seen with a child during their stay? Their stay seemed to last 13 days and it was 16 days after WT disappeared that their stay began, so the police were contacted 2 to 4 weeks after WT went missing which is reported as "about the time William was reported missing." Tad inaccurate for my liking, guess timing is all relative to the individual. MOO

'Today, somebody is keeping a secret. They got up this morning. Had breakfast. Realised they need to pick up some more milk
'Wasted time on Facebook. Made some calls. All the while maintaining a poker face.All the while pretending not to know. But somebody knows what happened to three-year-old William Tyrell.
'Somebody knows if William is being treated with kindness today or with cruelty. Somebody, somewhere knows and they're keeping it a secret. Missing from his home in Kendall , on the NSW coast, Australia since Friday, September 12. PLEASE SHARE AND HOPE HE IS FOUND.'
Five days later, on December 7, he posted another message on Facebook which marked the three months since the boy had vanished, saying 'Where is he?'.

http://www.capitalbay.news/news/685...-to-do-with-william-tyrell-disappearance.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74