Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic - but did you see that Ben McCormick had his sentencing today - a good behaviour bond & $1000 fine. It's interesting that the judge says he's tried to stay away from children - but he has volunteered with Nippers - surf life saving - for years. Not sure how that works? Anyway, if you want to read more...

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...d/news-story/92050cd0b4fd2801f0d88fbd3e280b41

Thanks I wasn’t aware of Ben and the nippers. I heard on 2GB that the judge was lenient on him because he made efforts to reform.

I’ll never understand why adults prey on children. Arghhh it’s sickening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks I wasn’t aware of Ben and the nippers. I heard on 2GB that the judge was lenient on him because he made efforts to reform.

I’ll never understand why adults prey on children. Arghhh it’s sickening.

Absolutely. Do you reckon it's a sexual orientation - but the only one that's bad, given it involves kids? I watched an english docu about a guy who likes kids - says he's never acted on it, but it's always been there for him, since he was 11 or so. IDK. Sick I know. It could be... but then again for some it's just pure evilness - psychopathy. take what they want & never care an iota for anyone else, just pure evil... If it is a sexual orientation they should be able to map the genes, sooner or later. hopefully breed them out...

given that, they can hopefully weed out the psychopaths as well !

Somewhere I read that not all pedophiles actually ever touch a child. I saw a YouTube vid where a woman and her young child were in a supermarket, it showed a male staying about 6” away from the little girl until the mum became aware. As soon as mum realised he walked away. Who knows why he wanted to remain close to the child but didn’t touch.
The problem is a peddo is a peddo and one day when the time is right the urge will take over. Then a child is assaulted and possible murdered to cover the tracks.
Like in the case of William.

They are despicable.
They must know it’s abhorrent.
The problem is we can never know who is and when they might act.

that's right. they can be anyone. makes me think why a judge might be lenient... for example. Who knows?

There was a case not that long ago in the USA when a parent quickly returned home because he'd forgotten something and caught the babysitter in the act of raping his 11 year old son. Bashed the pulp outta him. Ordinarily, the father would be charged, but society let that pass - thankfully! It's Ok to bash a child molester :D

saw this article last night, which is interesting

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...y/news-story/42eef00b55fb6db9b094cedb29126afe

Thinking this might be an example of your theory on "building a case using priors" Chris

Husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon jailed on child sex offences

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-...n-novy-chardon-jailed-child-sex-abuse/5673320

Yes, that is a very good example of getting an arrogant sicko locked away from children - a sicko who had not been caught for his crimes against children ever before - and keeping him in a place where he can be found, while building a case around him.

It took them a long time to pin Chardon for Novy's murder (Novy's remains have never been found), but they got Chardon locked away as soon as they could ... and arrested him for Novy's murder when possible, and with the Prosecutor's approval.

BBM
POLICE took over 200 statements and followed more than 1000 lines of inquiry during the exhaustive investigation into the murder of Novy Chardon.
However, despite today’s breakthrough arrest, Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson said he believed there are still people out there who know what happened on the night Mrs Chardon lost her life.
“This is not the end,” he said.
“The job is not over.”

Det Supt Hutchinson said police had worked tirelessly on the case for more than three years.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y/news-story/954a546c40626b332545124203beb04b

Date Time Case no. Case name Jurisdiction Court Listing type Presiding officer Location Court room List no.
11 Dec 10:00 am 2015/00119639 R v WILLIAM HARRIE SPEDDING Criminal District Court Hearing
Judge P Conlon
Sydney Downing Centre
Downing Centre
Crt 3.1 Downing Ctr

12 Dec 10:00 am 2016/00166838 R v ANTHONY JONES Criminal District Court Bail Review
Unassigned
Port Macquarie
Unassigned
-
Common name, don't know if this is the POI

Video at Link in regard to BS court appearance today.

https://www.facebook.com/ACurrentAf...ref=gs&dti=1053895647967611&hc_location=group

Bill Spedding is a person of interest in the disappearance of William Tyrrell. Today he faced court for an unrelated matter.

Hmmm .... granted a judge-alone trial, commencing in February next year. Possibly they think that being named as a POI in William's case may affect the way a potential jury would consider the case involving the two young girls.

Good to see he is still making it into high profile media.

Date Time Case no. Case name Jurisdiction Court Listing type Presiding officer Location Court room List no.
11 Dec 10:00 am 2015/00119639 R v WILLIAM HARRIE SPEDDING Criminal District Court Hearing
Judge P Conlon
Sydney Downing Centre
Downing Centre
Crt 3.1 Downing Ctr

In front of ‘Judge Dread’ huh?

What are the benefits of a judge-alone trial?

There are a number of reasons why having a judge-only trial can be beneficial in certain circumstances.

* When a judge delivers their verdict, they generally have to give reasons for their decision.
* Knowing the reasons why a judge decided on a guilty verdict makes it easier for a defendant to appeal and makes the process more transparent.
* It can help demonstrate that there was no bias at play and that the decision was made solely on the basis of the evidence provided.
* Judges have legal training and experience and are able to analyse evidence, know what to give priority to and assess the credibility of witnesses.

https://www.sydneycriminallawyers.c...-to-have-a-jury-trial-or-a-judge-alone-trial/

Will P Conlon be the judge for the judge only trial?

What are the benefits of a judge-alone trial?

There are a number of reasons why having a judge-only trial can be beneficial in certain circumstances.

* When a judge delivers their verdict, they generally have to give reasons for their decision.
* Knowing the reasons why a judge decided on a guilty verdict makes it easier for a defendant to appeal and makes the process more transparent.
* It can help demonstrate that there was no bias at play and that the decision was made solely on the basis of the evidence provided.
* Judges have legal training and experience and are able to analyse evidence, know what to give priority to and assess the credibility of witnesses.

https://www.sydneycriminallawyers.c...-to-have-a-jury-trial-or-a-judge-alone-trial/

Will P Conlon be the judge for the judge only trial?

I don’t know.

so, we have 2 of the known persons of interest going to court? yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname