Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Spedding’s family say he is a kind and caring family man

TO family and friends Bill Spedding is a caring “softly-spoken” grandfather who lives for his wife and children.
So when news broke of the police search taking place at the Speddings’ Bonny Hills home this week in connection to one of the country’s most baffling missing persons cases, they were simply in disbelief.
“I would just like to let him know he has our full support. We feel he is innocent in this situation,” Mr Spedding’s niece Kylie Handsaker told The Daily Telegraph yesterday. “We know him so well. We know he is a loving, caring family man who would do anything for his wife and grandkids.
“I grew up in the area so I have been praying about the little boy who had gone missing and all I pray is that some truth comes out.
http://www.news.com.au/national/bil...aring-family-man/story-fncynjr2-1227193777963

Im just going to put out there a small observation of MSM photos i have seen and get other sleuths input.

We are all aware that there was a shed being built but does anybody know by who? I noticed that there is a scissor lift there and a saw stool which to me would indicate CURRENT works. The grass has also grown right up to the slab in some areas which to me might indicate the slab was poured some time ago before construction started (as some of these projects do). Land is cleared for a shed and fill normally bought in for the slab. Perhaps months ago.
My general line of query is does anyone think it possible that a tradie saw something? Suspected something? Or god forbid do something? (I know many people are asking the question about who else had access)

Has just been crossing my mind since i saw the actual photos of the shed.

This is interesting because they are renters and big jobs like this wouldn't normally carried out by anyone but the owner. Then again, maybe the owner has instructed the work as they one day plan to move into the house. Maybe the speddings have a good relationship with their landlord and they have said they can basically do what they want at the property.

It was not BS whom made that weird comment.

He merely shared a link on his FB, obtained from somewhere/someone else, and then simply commented: "Don't give up looking."

Now in MSM, due to more poor reporting, it has become that BS made that actual comment itself, which is false.

I'm not sure if BS shared that weird comment from another FB post, or if from the original written article, but it looks like that written piece originated from a writer in Australia written on September 23rd, 2014 at this link: http://www..au/social/william-tyrell-is-still-missing/

Here is a MSM article that seems to have it right (BBM):

"On December 4, Mr Spedding shared the link of a photo of William, which had a caption underneath that read: "Today, somebody is keeping a secret. They got up this morning. Had breakfast. Realised they need to pick up some milk. Wasted time on Facebook. Made some calls. All the while maintaining a poker face." He added a comment that read: "Don't give up looking."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-speddings-children-back-him-over-disappearance-of-william-tyrell-20150122-12vs8f.html

I'm having g the same gut feelings... I think he would have gone down the protective 'what can I do to help?!' path if he hit WT in the van.

It's so frustrating the blanket hanging over the family....the situation.

BS's comment about someone being guilty and buying milk?
Did WT's dad zap down the rd to get milk when he vanished I to thin air?

This is interesting because they are renters and big jobs like this wouldn't normally carried out by anyone but the owner. Then again, maybe the owner has instructed the work as they one day plan to move into the house. Maybe the speddings have a good relationship with their landlord and they have said they can basically do what they want at the property.
Im a builder in queensland and im not 100% on the laws interstate but a development application submitted with local council must be submitted by the builder (or appropriate trade contractor for the required scope of works) and have the owners full details and supporting documentation (plans, engineering, site plans, insurances, waterway mapping if applicable). Depending on what is being built as to what that documentation would be. A shed would require a licensed builder, trade contractor carpenter (shed erection allowed to a certain size), trade contractor shed carport and garages licensee or owner builder to make the application.
Point being. Id be surprised if renters had anything to do with it all but ill eat my words if i have to!

Police have reiterated Mr Spedding is not a suspect in William's disappearance.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/bre...192825643?nk=14c939d2c4c42c16828f06935a3327c4

didnt they tell him he was a person of interest though?

There was a missing child case I followed about 2 years ago in which LE kept stating a specific person was not a suspect or POI. Turns out he was the main suspect but LE didnt want to reveal this so they could keep watching him. He turned out to br the one who commited the crime. So IMO they may be watching him quietly while gathering more evidence .

The S's property is sure beautiful and well maintained (imho). What I am confused about is this:

i)if LE were in fact looking for 'remains' on the property, wouldn't the use of such heavy equipment cause damage to any potential remains, which I would believe to be fragile, which could then preclude them from performing an adequate post-mortem on any such remains? I'm just not getting that at all. Is it possible they were looking for something else? One thought I had was if the fellow, BS, was involved in appliances, could they have been seeking perhaps a freezer buried or some such thing? Did anyone notice the size of that equipment? The size of the shovel parts? It just doesn't make sense to me they would have been looking for the fragile bones of a tiny toddler with that.

ii)if LE were in fact looking for 'remains' in the septic tank, would they really just have it pumped out by a regular septic truck? Wouldn't anything within that pumped-out waste be gone, instead of available for potential examination? Or did they use a sterilized pump-out truck for this job (to ensure any potential evidence was not contaminated by a previous pump-out from another address) and then they were going to take the waste to a DNA lab somewhere??

MOO

Sometimes this makes me think of Novy Chardon's case. The police dug up a renter's back yard (in a Qld suburb) looking for a car believed to have been used to perhaps transport Novy after her murder, or was somehow involved in her disappearance. They dug and dug for days ... nothing ... they moved around and dug some more, and finally hit pay dirt. Pulled up a few cars cut into pieces.

We still don't know the results of what they found. And her skanky businessman husband is still not charged for her murder (though they did get him into jail on child sex offences).

(And they filled the massive holes back in. :) )

Here in Canada, a POI just means LE are looking at that person to see if there is anything there to see, but that nothing has yet been found to take the POI to the next level of 'suspect', where LE may 'believe' that person is 'suspected' of the crime, but they do not yet have enough evidence to make an arrest and take that person to the next level of 'accused'.

In this case, LE doesn't seem to be quietly looking at this fellow, it seems quite noisy to me. I understand they are looking at him based on a tip called in to Crimestoppers by an anonymous person, rather than any actual clues or evidence which may have been found during the normal course of their investigation.

I always think about.. what if it were me.. wouldn't that be terrible if some anonymous person called in a tip to crimestoppers on a major crime, when I had nothing to do with it. Ugh. I really hope this fellow's life is not ruined for no reason.

MOO.

There was a missing child case I followed about 2 years ago in which LE kept stating a specific person was not a suspect or POI. Turns out he was the main suspect but LE didnt want to reveal this so they could keep watching him. He turned out to br the one who commited the crime. So IMO they may be watching him quietly while gathering more evidence .

The S's property is sure beautiful and well maintained (imho). What I am confused about is this:

i)if LE were in fact looking for 'remains' on the property, wouldn't the use of such heavy equipment cause damage to any potential remains, which I would believe to be fragile, which could then preclude them from performing an adequate post-mortem on any such remains? I'm just not getting that at all. Is it possible they were looking for something else? One thought I had was if the fellow, BS, was involved in appliances, could they have been seeking perhaps a freezer buried or some such thing? Did anyone notice the size of that equipment? The size of the shovel parts? It just doesn't make sense to me they would have been looking for the fragile bones of a tiny toddler with that.

ii)if LE were in fact looking for 'remains' in the septic tank, would they really just have it pumped out by a regular septic truck? Wouldn't anything within that pumped-out waste be gone, instead of available for potential examination? Or did they use a sterilized pump-out truck for this job (to ensure any potential evidence was not contaminated by a previous pump-out from another address) and then they were going to take the waste to a DNA lab somewhere??

MOO
Sadly, lots of stories of bodies found in septic tanks. They may not necessarily be looking to test all the material they pumped out.

The big excavation equipment is a good call, they may be looking for something much more substantial. Does anyone know how far the neighbours are from S's property?

I'm new to this type of forum but I'm fascinated on the unusual spaces UNDER WS house if this is what is found it raises a whole lot of issues... Normal people don't have hidden spaces under their homes- very strange!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It not strange.

Imagine a home with full brick walls going from the ground to the ceiling. Then the floors are put in.....so under the floor the walls are, it's like a clone of the upstairs section and usually raised on sloping land. Simple piers would not support the upstairs double brick walls.

I saw many of these awesome homes when I was in real estate.

These older homes are built to last and an amazing sight to see. They usually have timber floors and are extremely solid and cool for the Australian climate.

Brick veneer homes don't need this as the walls are gyprock & timber.

Sadly, lots of stories of bodies found in septic tanks. They may not necessarily be looking to test all the material they pumped out.

The big excavation equipment is a good call, they may be looking for something much more substantial. Does anyone know how far the neighbours are from S's property?

It is a big property. Neighbours aren't particularly close.

24EC651E00000578-2919401-image-a-2_1421892692579.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-search-abducted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html

RSBM: If you look at the first video in this link, at around the 1:18 mark, you can see the officers using rakes to sift through bark and twigs. I think the heavy machinery just moved things like the big woodpile. Then they sifted through what they were really interested in.

r10r46.png

Guy on the left is raking

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-search-abducted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html

I was thinking about this secrecy stuff, and it occurred to me that it is possible that WT's mom could have previously had a partner who was very bad news for the mom and kids. If said partner (perhaps even the two children's bio dad?) was abusive and the mom and kids had to get away from him and seek protection (in a women's shelter?).. perhaps the said partner cannot know where they are located, or something, and has not been allowed any contact with them ever since?; then in the meantime, WT's mom becomes involved with a new man, perhaps produces more children with him(?) Could they potentially be just protecting mother and children? I really don't believe that DOCS could get away with hiding information from MSM just because something happened to a child officially in their care. I would think MSM would be all over that, demanding answers, etc. MOO
PS Not really responding to sleuthysleuth2013'sc post below in particular, but just theorizing about that subject.

May be it has nothing to do with the mum but more to do with the dad? I dont know but i dont think we will ever be fully aware of the family dynamics in this case.

I was thinking about this secrecy stuff, and it occurred to me that it is possible that WT's mom could have previously had a partner who was very bad news for the mom and kids. If said partner (perhaps even the two children's bio dad?) was abusive and the mom and kids had to get away from him and seek protection (in a women's shelter?).. perhaps the said partner cannot know where they are located, or something, and has not been allowed any contact with them ever since?; then in the meantime, WT's mom becomes involved with a new man, perhaps produces more children with him(?) Could they potentially be just protecting mother and children? I really don't believe that DOCS could get away with hiding information from MSM just because something happened to a child officially in their care. I would think MSM would be all over that, demanding answers, etc. MOO
PS Not really responding to sleuthysleuth2013'sc post below in particular, but just theorizing about that

Is msm the media? Nsw privacy laws mean that children under a protection order can't be identified and parents are not named to protect the identity of the child.

Forgive me if someone posted this already (mods please delete if crossing the line) on KT FB page there is an interesting comment after a post she did. Was she going to get WT back in her custody assuming this is bio mom? The whole secrecy thing just makes this even more confusing. So much could be at play here that we do not know about. I just pray William is found soon safe and sound and returned to his family.

PS Not really responding to sleuthysleuth2013'sc post below in particular, but just theorizing about that subject.

Agreed!

The only reason I can see for police tearing his house and business (and reputation) apart is if his alibi didn't match other evidence they found, or if he lied to them. God, for all we know he was having an affair with some lady in Kendall, or similar, and didn't want to tell his wife .. so left a little side trip over out of his story (who knows), if it turns out he had nothing to do with William going missing then they'd better solve this case before his life is completely ruined by town gossips.

They say forensic testing may take weeks, so handyman (?) not completely exonerated.

If William was abducted, person(s) who took him certainly didn't have any good intentions.
Most kids snatched that way, by stranger, are being snatched by sexual predators or similar twisted people. They are up to no good.
There have been only a few cases when a kid survives the ordeal, however those kids were much older.
But giving up is never an option as young child is missing, just gotta hope against hope, but chances imo look rather grim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 posts in 5 hours.

At first I thought I'd missed a memo somehow and everyone was on the naughty step, but then I realised - you're asleep. Wake up Australia and let us know if there is any new news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak