Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article I saw called it a 'bank card' IIRC. So I think it was a debit card. Since he was doing a bit of business that day, I assume he would use the bank card to keep track of any expenses he could claim.

It's increasing because of things like PayWave. Two coffees could easily tally to $10 if you add a slice of cake or a newspaper?

Who knows. The man said "two coffees" but that doesn't mean that was the extent of the transaction, it was more the purpose of being there.

A small coffee is usually $4.50, and cake is $6-$10 a slice. If they got two large coffees and something each to eat it would be around $20.

Right, but it was tacked on to the end of his meet up with his wife for coffee, which was right when WT went missing.

yep and it was beginning of school vacation so you could imagine that it was a late morning school assembly and then early dismissal ((guessing)).....

Yes MSM is 'mainstream media'..
And yes, the privacy laws are same here.. however, if there might happen to be a case involving injury or death or disappearance of a child in foster care, MSM is ALL over that story.. mostly because it is ironic if a child is taken from its natural parent to be protected and then something happens while in that protection.. it makes good headlines and sells newspapers. So even if WT was in foster care, and even if they shrouded both the bio and the foster parents in secrecy, wouldnt' there still be tons of talk about the boy being in 'foster care' when this occurred and the foster care having failed him or something? In this case, the child *has* been named.

I was thinking about this secrecy stuff, and it occurred to me that it is possible that WT's mom could have previously had a partner who was very bad news for the mom and kids. If said partner (perhaps even the two children's bio dad?) was abusive and the mom and kids had to get away from him and seek protection (in a women's shelter?).. perhaps the said partner cannot know where they are located, or something, and has not been allowed any contact with them ever since?; then in the meantime, WT's mom becomes involved with a new man, perhaps produces more children with him(?) Could they potentially be just protecting mother and children? I really don't believe that DOCS could get away with hiding information from MSM just because something happened to a child officially in their care. I would think MSM would be all over that, demanding answers, etc. MOO
PS Not really responding to sleuthysleuth2013'sc post below in particular, but just theorizing about that

Is msm the media? Nsw privacy laws mean that children under a protection order can't be identified and parents are not named to protect the identity of the child.

A small coffee is usually $4.50, and cake is $6-$10 a slice. If they got two large coffees and something each to eat it would be around $20.

wow. It is very expensive there. I thought California was bad. My daughter just spent 10 days in Sydney and said it was very pricey. She was really surprised. Her vacation pictures were beautiful though.

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the media stories with great interest (and sadness of course), my thoughts in dot-points (because I'm very naughty and posting at work):

- Raids and the subsequent removal of possible evidence are not carried out without a warrant and evidence presented to a court. There has to be something that prompted this and I don't just mean the tip to Crime Stoppers. I mean something very incriminating that in isolation wouldn't warrant charges but the collection of evidence would.

- The guys identity would NOT be released to the media without a reason by Police (I like the 'shaking the tree' analogy by another poster)

- I've followed many crimes where Police are starting to close in and allow the suspect to speak to the media. Apparently Detectives glean a lot of information from media interviews that the suspect hadn't previously disclosed in Police interviews. I believe he has spoken to the media today. Criminals are brazen characters .... if my home was raided and I no definite involvement, the public shame alone would have sent me underground (I would not be speaking to the media - I'd want to hide from the world)

- He has been interviewed twice before.

So, my hinky meter is leaning towards that they are closing in on this guy. I think there are two possible scenarios, the horrible 'p' crime against a child or the Seddings are somehow connected to this boy and wanted him back.

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the media stories with great interest (and sadness of course), my thoughts in dot-points (because I'm very naughty and posting at work):

- Raids and the subsequent removal of possible evidence are not carried out without a warrant and evidence presented to a court. There has to be something that prompted this and I don't just mean the tip to Crime Stoppers. I mean something very incriminating that in isolation wouldn't warrant charges but the collection of evidence would.

- The guys identity would NOT be released to the media without a reason by Police (I like the 'shaking the tree' analogy by another poster)

- I've followed many crimes where Police are starting to close in and allow the suspect to speak to the media. Apparently Detectives glean a lot of information from media interviews that the suspect hadn't previously disclosed in Police interviews. I believe he has spoken to the media today. Criminals are brazen characters .... if my home was raided and I no definite involvement, the public shame alone would have sent me underground (I would not be speaking to the media - I'd want to hide from the world)

- He has been interviewed twice before.

So, my hinky meter is leaning towards that they are closing in on this guy. I think there are two possible scenarios, the horrible 'p' crime against a child or the Seddings are somehow connected to this boy and wanted him back.

yes i agree and hopefully its the latter scenario

It is understood in the days after William disappeared, and as hundreds of volunteers searched for the toddler in surrounding bushland, Mr Spedding's work whitegoods van was spotted in the Kendall street outside William's grandmother's home.

It sat alone among police and emergency services cars.

Police have said Mr Spedding, a carer to three grandchildren, is not a suspect in William's disappearance.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...en-at-tyrell-search.html#sthash.TtliDySe.dpuf

If he's spoken to the media will he not address why his van was in the street days later? I guess we will find out on the evening news tonight.

Wondering how much LE has checked into BS's biological children. They would have access to his property, home etc. Only speculation on my part and I think it has been mentioned before but just wanted to throw it out there after the news about the coffee shop.*

He then went to the Buzz Cafe for a coffee with his wife in Laurieton before he went to an awards ceremony for his grandson at a primary school across the road, Colin said.

Cafe staff say detectives have visited the eatery twice in the past few days as they attempt to verify Mr Spedding's movements.

Colin said he had downloaded a copy of Mr Spedding's bank card statement which showed a purchase at the cafe about 10am on September 12.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/nati...-to-missing-toddler.html#sthash.YQtTI43e.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme