Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we had heard from Col at the start that a bank debit existed on Spedding's bank statement/records, however I believe the actual receipt from Buzz Cafe showing exact time, what (and how many) was exactly ordered, etc.,

Perhaps we might *all* benefit from reading the thread and the details.

I dont know about that. Apparently ole Col saw a statement, then downloaded the receipt and Spedding had it in his hot little hand - by at least 24 January 2015.
Does that mean that the bank sent a pdf of the receipt to Spedding and ole Col downloaded it for him? It certainly could.

We wondered in the past why Spedding went back to see the police after his interview. Perhaps he took the copy of the receipt to them?

“I have downloaded the receipt and (Spedding) has it in his hot little hand,” he adds.
Bring Little Spiderman William Tyrrell Home

I don't think there are too many worries about those of us who have been here for years needing to re-read the thread. We know where to find the details we need, and how to search for those details. Because we don't agree with your stated opinion does not mean we are not up with what has happened.
And generally if we cannot remember, we state that. And if we are incorrect, we state that also.

Last edited:
Two people gave evidence about the assembly:

- Mr W remembered hearing Hallelujah and seeing BS, but couldn't remember the date;
- Ms E remembered the date and hearing Hallelujah, but couldn't remember seeing BS.

Taken together, their evidence says that BS was at the assembly when Hallelujah was sung on 12 Sep 2014.

- "William Tyrrell inquiry: Former person of interest set to take NSW Police to court," Caroline Overington, The Australian, 21 August 2019
with thanks to @bearbear for posting the link previously (thread #43, post #2016).

I believe, if others want to look back in the threads, that our question has been ... how many assemblies was Hallelujah sung at? Or do we assume it was only sung at one assembly?
Some have even speculated that the school was practising the song for some other more statewide/local appearance.

Unfortunately, any testimony by school representatives has not been heard in open court or has not been heard in a non-suppressed manner - even though a school representative IIRC is on the witness list, or was stated by MSM to be slated to appear.

As JW said ... shaky alibis. Nothing that we have heard is proof positive. Just indicative. imo

Last edited:
I believe, if others want to look back in the threads, that our question has been ... how many assemblies was Hallelujah sung at? Or do we assume it was only sung at one assembly?
Some have even speculated that the school was practising the song for some other more statewide/local appearance.
Unfortunately, any testimony by school representatives has not been heard in open court or has not been heard in an non-suppressed manner - even though a school representative IIRC is on the witness list, or was stated by MSM to be slated to appear.

As JW said ... shaky alibis. Nothing that we have heard is proof positive. Just indicative. imo
Yes that’s the way i see it, was “Hallelujah” only sung at one assembly, to me the alibi is more than shaky.
Weird BS “remembered “ more than MS.
Just speaking hypothetically, if one person was at an event and wanted to give another person an alibi, what better way than to give them every correct detail you could remember, then when it was your turn, act vague and forgetful with wrong details, as if to say “ how could I possibly have coached them, I cant remember much at all.”

Per another user’s suggestion, here is a rough transcribe of timeline from beginning.

(details transcribed from nowhere child— Episode 1: Missing William Tyrrell (trying to keep sources to a minimum to verify easily

timeline

• 3.15pm (approx) arrived at cat boarding house @ Duffy’s Forest
  • 3.45pm (approx) arrived to collect children at childcare
  • 4.00pm approx left childcare
  • Drove 4 hr trip to Kendall, north via F3
  • 1st stop: Caltex Wyong - toilet break 5 minutes
  • 2nd stop: 6.25pm Raymond terrace McDonald’s photo evidence
  • 6.40 cctv leaving McDonald’s
  • 3rd stop: 2 minutes later stopped on side of Rd to put on pull-ups
  • Arrive Kendall 9pm
Cars mentioned
  • Isuzu ute with canopy - grey (cctv near tennis courts)
    • Reference: Podcast 1 @ Approx 23:00 “We don’t know what evidence was lost as cars freely came and went in the early days, some of those cars, for example an Isuzu Ute with a canopy, grey in colour where caught on the cctv near the Kendall tennis club, but there is more than one road out of Kendall.”
  • 2014 land-rover - foster car
  • White van with business stickers(BS)

Last edited:
Per another user’s suggestion, here is a rough transcribe of timeline from beginning.

(details transcribed from nowhere child podcast no.1) (trying to keep sources to a minimum to verify easily)

timeline

• 3.15pm (approx) arrived at cat boarding house @ Duffy’s Forest
  • 3.45pm (approx) arrived to collect children at childcare
  • 4.00pm approx left childcare
  • Drove 4 hr trip to Kendall, north via F3
  • 1st stop: Caltex Wyong - toilet break 5 minutes
  • 2nd stop: 6.25pm Raymond terrace McDonald’s photo evidence
  • 6.40 cctv leaving McDonald’s
  • 3rd stop: 2 minutes later stopped on side of Rd to put on pull-ups
  • Arrive Kendall 9pm
Cars mentioned
  • Isuzu ute with canopy - grey (cctv near tennis courts)
  • 2014 land-rover - foster car
  • White van with business stickers(BS)

Thanks for doing this, JW. Nice to see the thread getting back on track. :)

I dont have time to listen at the moment. In what capacity is the Isuzu mentioned? Just wondering if that is the post lady's vehicle - thinking of the vehicle outside the post office in the Google pics we saw.

Thanks for doing this, JW. Nice to see the thread getting back on track. :)

I dont have time to listen at the moment. In what capacity is the Isuzu mentioned? Just wondering if that is the post lady's vehicle - thinking of the vehicle outside the post office in the Google pics we saw.
that picked my interest as well! I can’t remember seeing much about an Isuzu.

I thought it would be good to record car details as well as there are many.

It was in reference to Cctv cameras being checked on the usual Rd our. I’ll get exact details to be clear and edit my previous post.

Adding here:
Context is in missed opportunities and not securing the area in the early days of investigation. Further a visitor, mr Newton was able to leave the street the day after William went missing, without his car being stopped or checked or Being interviewed.

Podcast 1 @ Approx 23:00

“We don’t know what evidence was lost as cars freely came and went in the early days, some of those cars, for example an Isuzu Ute with a canopy, grey in colour where caught on the cctv near the Kendall tennis club, but there is more than one road out of Kendall.”

Note: roughly transcribed by me, not word for word but close!

Last edited:
that picked my interest as well! I can’t remember seeing much about an Isuzu.

I thought it would be good to record car details as well as there are many.

It was in reference to Cctv cameras being checked on the usual Rd our. I’ll get exact details to be clear and edit my previous post.

Adding here:
Context is in missed opportunities and not securing the area in the early days of investigation. Further a visitor, mr Newton was able to leave the street the day after William went missing, without his car being stopped or checked or Being interviewed.

Podcast 1 @ Approx 23:00

“We don’t know what evidence was lost as cars freely came and went in the early days, some of those cars, for example an Isuzu Ute with a canopy, grey in colour where caught on the cctv near the Kendall tennis club, but there is more than one road out of Kendall.”

Note: roughly transcribed by me, not word for word but close!

Thanks!

I looked back in the threads. In Thread #42 there is talk of the Isuzu (I was still o/s at the time, so my recall is foggy about this). Seems that it is something that was worth a mention in the podcast, and may have been pursued by the police.

zx9.JPG
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #42

Also:

yes! Thanks will read back on this- Just doing the same seems it got lost in discussion on other bull s#%^ matters

Has caroline been around since day 1?

Serious question as i interpretated from her interview that she jumped on much later once? Will need to check that.

With all due respect her statements sound a bit full on for me like she’s not taking it all in.

I loved that she had shown the bios more in her podcast, but felt this was let down by her other comments or interviewing methods. Bios and fosters don’t need to be pitted against each other.
Yes she has been and from very early on and never ever did she pit one against the other..many people have taken either side but shes not one of them IMO
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BRAB&usg=AOvVaw1YkHUpKlwi43mt8x4LCPGq&ampcf=1

I think we had heard from Col at the start that a bank debit existed on Spedding's bank statement/records, however I believe the actual receipt from Buzz Cafe showing exact time, what (and how many) was exactly ordered, etc., to match that same amount from the bank statement, was not known about previously, and seemed to be produced at 2nd tranche of the Inquest. Spedding's lawyer made mention that police had not bothered to seek out evidence that had been available to them for years and that they had to seek it out themselves (which is not normal, imo). (see link below.)

As well, I believe O'Brien was also referring to the video/photo which showed that Spedding was somewhere else at the time when Pollard in a police statement had said Spedding was acting suspiciously driving in or out of the bush on the night W disappeared, which allegation caused a large search of the area. These things are what I believe to be the "'new' proof discovered by lawyers".

Contrary to the quoted statement above, many seem to believe Spedding is no longer a POI (perhaps not many on this site, but in general). The Coroner had set aside an additional day for BS to be cross examined, but I believe I read that nobody had questions after his testimony and it seemed to satisfy the Coroner, at which time I believe O'Brien excused himself from being present further. That additional day that had been set aside was a wasted day when there was no court held at all, IIRC.

Perhaps we might *all* benefit from reading the thread and the details. If any one of us were dragged through the dirt like Spedding has been for the past five years, I'm pretty sure we would believe these things to be oversights by police and may not be satisfied with the 'evidence'. Even FM has publicly complained about oversights made, by police failing to cordon off the street right away, for one. imo.
----
"Defence lawyer Peter O’Brien was this month forced to gather the evidence that clearly ruled Mr Spedding out, despite it being available to police for years.

“I’m not suggesting for a moment police shouldn’t have looked at my client,” he said. “But it would, or should, have been fairly evident fairly quickly there wasn’t anything in it.”"

NoCookies | The Australian
My take on it all is If BS had no legal case for litigation his Attorney wouldn't risk his career etc. on litigating on behalf of BS if there was no case to answer. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆