Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jubelin was covering himself, he says he was stupid for doing it. But no Chrissy, in the state of NSW, you can't secretly record a conversation between yourself and someone else without them giving consent. But, imo, Jubelin was trying to cover his bases, protect himself and also, if PS gave vital information during the conversation, he could work with it. Have a situation, a place or time, anything to lead him to WT. I can't see how it'd work, if Jubelin, lets say, did a dig in a certain spot, without giving a reason how he came to pick that spot though.
Jubelin didn't want WT's case filed away as a cold case, to be looked at in god knows how many years time.

I'm just hoping he wins his appeal, he deserves a clean slate to get on with his life.

I understand Prime Suspect and I support those reasons whole heartedly. GJ has been at the front line giving his all in every case he’s been apart of for 30+ yrs. I have a great deal of respect for him as a detective with a genuine dedication and passion for his work which is to protect the good guys and lock away the bad guys. Truth is he got undermined by his very own and that’s a personal wound that will never heal. GJ’s intentions will good there’s no doubt about it but his actions have compromised this case unfortunately and we can point the finger all we like at all those who put GJ in the firing line. Should GJ express his accountability for comprising the case even though his intentions were good? Yes I think he should

Jubelin was covering himself, he says he was stupid for doing it. But no Chrissy, in the state of NSW, you can't secretly record a conversation between yourself and someone else without them giving consent. But, imo, Jubelin was trying to cover his bases, protect himself and also, if PS gave vital information during the conversation, he could work with it. Have a situation, a place or time, anything to lead him to WT. I can't see how it'd work, if Jubelin, lets say, did a dig in a certain spot, without giving a reason how he came to pick that spot though.
Jubelin didn't want WT's case filed away as a cold case, to be looked at in god knows how many years time.

I'm just hoping he wins his appeal, he deserves a clean slate to get on with his life.

I understand Prime Suspect and I support those reasons whole heartedly. GJ has been at the front line giving his all in every case he’s been apart of for 30+ yrs. I have a great deal of respect for him as a detective with a genuine dedication and passion for his work which is to protect the good guys and lock away the bad guys. Truth is he got undermined by his very own and that’s a personal wound that will never heal. GJ’s intentions were good there’s no doubt about it but his actions have compromised this case unfortunately and we can point the finger all we like at all those who put GJ in the firing line. Should GJ express his accountability for comprising the case even though his intentions were good? Yes I think he should.

Last edited:
"GJ was originally also charged with having made false affidavits, but the charge was withdrawn, and GJ says the claim was a lie."
If a charge of making false affidavits was withdrawn, then can we deduce that there was no lie and the affidavits were true? Do we know what these affidavits were in relation to?

"And a junior officer said at the trial that GJ told him to pass off transcripts as having come from a device covered by a warrant"
I thought the problem was that the warrant had expired, not that the warrant did not cover the device (phone)?

Confused!
BBM. I don't feel up to revising the detail but there were four occasions on which GJ made illegal recordings and there were several grounds for the illegality among them. One problem was with regard to the timing (outside the periods covered by the warrants) and another was that the phone used to record was not a device authorised by the warrant. I don't recall it being said that GJ could not have got a warrant for his phone or for the extra occasions if he'd sought them in time. A complication was the Christmas holiday period and judges not being as available as usual.

BBM. I don't feel up to revising the detail but there were four occasions on which GJ made illegal recordings and there were several grounds for the illegality among them. One problem was with regard to the timing (outside the periods covered by the warrants) and another was that the phone used to record was not a device authorised by the warrant. I don't recall it being said that GJ could not have got a warrant for his phone or for the extra occasions if he'd sought them in time. A complication was the Christmas holiday period and judges not being as available as usual.

Thanks.

Do you recall what the affidavits were in regards to?

I understand Prime Suspect and I support those reasons whole heartedly. GJ has been at the front line giving his all in every case he’s been apart of for 30+ yrs. I have a great deal of respect for him as a detective with a genuine dedication and passion for his work which is to protect the good guys and lock away the bad guys. Truth is he got undermined by his very own and that’s a personal wound that will never heal. GJ’s intentions were good there’s no doubt about it but his actions have compromised this case unfortunately and we can point the finger all we like at all those who put GJ in the firing line. Should GJ express his accountability for comprising the case even though his intentions were good? Yes I think he should.
He was going through a divorce and property settlement at the time, could that have clouded his judgment? IDK, but we've got hard core crims who've used similar excuses and received a lighter sentence.

He was going through a divorce and property settlement at the time, could that have clouded his judgment? IDK, but we've got hard core crims who've used similar excuses and received a lighter sentence.
I think it's been suggested (Dan Box if I recall correctly) that Bowraville contributed to the marriage breakdown. Multiple stresses feeding into one another.

GJ would be a hero if he had nabbed a murderer’s confession. Would the audio be credible evidence?
IMO it’s all a crock of Schlitt.

I hope the rat that squealed is hungry and jobless.
It is a crock. I agree.

I do believe that the upper brass just wanted to shut down this expensive, long running case. And GJ was too devoted and persistent to allow that.

So they shoved him out of the way, and then case will now get stored in the cold case bin.

No, I don't think that was ever made clear.
No, everything I have found seems to contradict the guilty findings of the Magistrate.

If the charge was dropped because the internal inquiry found that he DIDN'T falsify affidavits in regards to the phone calls, (nor encourage junior staff to do the same), it may be the key to understanding the Prosecution's tactics.

If, as GJ said, the accusation was a lie, then perhaps the person who made them also lied with regards to the matter of the illegal recordings?

So to withdraw those charges may well have meant that they couldn't be used by GJ to defend himself of those other charges.

Back to the tea leaves!

There is a fairly long DT article here, published this morning ..... just click on the Daily Telegraph Twitter post in the below link. Includes a nice photo of Jubes with his daughter and grandson.

“The way I led the William Tyrrell investigation, I won’t concede I have done anything wrong there,” he said.

“With Paul Savage, I won’t concede a millimetre.”

The Daily Telegraph on Twitter

Last edited:
There is a fairly long DT article here, published this morning ..... just click on the Daily Telegraph Twitter post in the below link. Includes a nice photo of Jubes with his daughter and grandson.

“The way I led the William Tyrrell investigation, I won’t concede I have done anything wrong there,” he said.

great article, I think Mr Memmolo's suspicions are correct, he suspects jealousy.
It's amazing how Jebelin is driven to find the culprit in all the cases he's investigated, while some are driven by envy, and their greatest accomplishments are bringing their target down (usually a colleague or subordinate), to humiliate and ostracise, it's actually a disorder.

In 60Minutes it was interesting about PS's car being very similar to MFC's AND the sister saying about William was waiting for MFC. In the audio GJ was grilling about William being run over.

GJ has a very good poker face. There's no flinches during these questions.

EXCLUSIVE: The target of Gary Jubelin's illegal recording lashes out at ousted William Tyrrell cop for 'painting himself like a hero' - claiming his record of locking up killers isn't as strong as he makes out
Mr Savage, 75, also unloaded on the former NSW Police Force posterboy's reputation as a 'wonderful' investigator. He suggested his track record of locking up killers isn't strong as he'd like people to think it is.

Mr Savage said: 'I'm not impressed with him, to tell you the truth.

'He doesn't know the truth, the facts from the fiction.'
William Tyrrell: Paul Savage lashes out at Gary Jubelin after 60 Minutes interview | Daily Mail Online

PS is getting very cocky and mouthy, almost taunting eh?

Mr Savage said: 'I'm not impressed with him, to tell you the truth.
'He doesn't know the truth, the facts from the fiction.'
.....the ex-cop 'paints himself as a loving hero', he didn't see why that was the case.
'His record gives over a wonderful cop - well, ask the people of Bowraville, they love him.

'But how many killers did he arrest there? I don't rate him at all.'
William Tyrrell: Paul Savage lashes out at Gary Jubelin after 60 Minutes interview | Daily Mail Online

In 60Minutes it was interesting about PS's car being very similar to MFC's AND the sister saying about William was waiting for MFC. In the audio GJ was grilling about William being run over.

Yes, the visual comparison given by 60 Minutes between FF vehicle and Savage's vehicle.
The way that Lindsay said that William was waiting for daddy.
Jubes wondering if William had wandered over to Savage's place, having seen Savage's vehicle.

I wonder if Lindsay was able to confirm that the children could see/had seen Savage's vehicle. But she perhaps was an 'unreliable witness' due to her young age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member