Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not known when the inquest, before Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame, will conclude.

A directions hearing has been scheduled for June 1 and the coroner emphasised the police investigation was still ongoing.

Coronavirus halts William Tyrrell inquest

That article was written March 18. According to this http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/COVID-19 public statement 24 March 2020.pdf dated 24 March, any Coroner's Court matters listed at country locations up to 30 June 2020 were going to be given new dates (re: Taree location) and as for the Sydney location, until 30 June 2020 they're doing cases they can do via video technology only. Other cases adjourned.

https://7news.com.au/the-morning-sh...-removal-from-william-tyrrell-case--c-1032624

“It saddens me that I’m no longer involved in the investigation.

“Hopefully, the police have taken up the reins and will go as hard as I went to try and get the family answers as to what happened to William.”

“If you approach it with an attitude that it’s not going to be solved, it certainly won’t.

“This investigation will not be solved unless people go above and beyond - and I’m not talking about breaking rules here, but if you just go through the normal procedures, it won’t be solved.

“People will have to dig deep and do some exceptional police work to find out what’s happened.”

https://7news.com.au/the-morning-sh...-removal-from-william-tyrrell-case--c-1032624

“Hopefully, the police have taken up the reins and will go as hard as I went to try and get the family answers as to what happened to William.”

“If you approach it with an attitude that it’s not going to be solved, it certainly won’t.

“This investigation will not be solved unless people go above and beyond - and I’m not talking about breaking rules here, but if you just go through the normal procedures, it won’t be solved.

“People will have to dig deep and do some exceptional police work to find out what’s happened.”

Let’s just hope & pray for someone else as dedicated & passionate about results as Gary is / was.

Imo, no one hides for ever.
We’ve just last night had news of an arrest after 30 years How informant sparked arrest in Scott Johnson's gay hate murder cold case - ABC News
Interesting read. ..

Justice will come for William. And if it’s to be, those ‘in the know’ can spend years living in fear of being discovered & contemplating their just deserts...

Perhaps it always boils down to the "NSW pedo ring", that nobody in LE really wants to crack with all means? MOO

Hi everyone, there's a podcast called 'Life and Crimes with Andrew Rule'. He has recently done an episode called 'Catching Killers' which is an interview with Gary Jubelin. They talk about the William Tyrrell case, not exclusively, but thought some of you might be interested. They mention the sighting of William in the speeding car by the man who did flower shows (his name escapes me at the moment).

During this COVID-19 lockdown I was unable to see my 92 yr old mother for 10 weeks, she is in a nursing home only 1 k away from The Newmarch petri-dish.
Time was ticking away.....the stark realisation I might not be able to ever see her again.
I was lucky to be able to see her face to face today knowing she is ok.

Many of us have felt a little lonely in the past few months as we are forced to stay away from our friends and families during the coronavirus crisis.

Imagine having a missing child.
For many, that feeling of fear is constant and life-long.

“Most people can take comfort knowing that they will eventually be reunited with those they are missing. This is in stark contrast to the families and friends living with a missing child, desperately longing for their reunion day,”
That’s the message the Australian Federal Police are aiming to get across with their campaign to mark International Missing Children’s Day.
“Loneliness has never been so loud”; AFP’s COVID-19 themed campaign for International Missing Children’s Day – myGC.com.au

During this COVID-19 lockdown I was unable to see my 92 yr old mother for 10 weeks, she is in a nursing home only 1 k away from The Newmarch petri-dish.
Time was ticking away.....the stark realisation I might not be able to ever see her again.
I was lucky to be able to see her face to face today knowing she is ok.

Many of us have felt a little lonely in the past few months as we are forced to stay away from our friends and families during the coronavirus crisis.

Imagine having a missing child.
For many, that feeling of fear is constant and life-long.

“Most people can take comfort knowing that they will eventually be reunited with those they are missing. This is in stark contrast to the families and friends living with a missing child, desperately longing for their reunion day,”
That’s the message the Australian Federal Police are aiming to get across with their campaign to mark International Missing Children’s Day.
“Loneliness has never been so loud”; AFP’s COVID-19 themed campaign for International Missing Children’s Day – myGC.com.au
I am so glad you got to see your mother in person.
icon_flower.gif

I haven't seen my 89 yr old mom in person since Mar 11th. Her retirement centre is not allowing any visitors yet.

But hopefully in early June we can go see her in person. We speak every day and she seems fine, thank goodness.

Tweet by Lia Harris, 10 News Sydney @LiaJHarris:

'The remaining evidence in the inquest will be heard on October 9 over 4 days. Counsel Assisiting Gerard Craddock told the court "there is no doubt there are still people out there who have not passed on information they have".'

Tweet by Lia Harris, 10 News Sydney @LiaJHarris:

'Craddock added "hopefully people will reconsider their decisions about withholding information... and call the police and help us out". The inquest has now been suspended until October. Another long wait for the families.'

William Tyrrell witnesses urged to come forward before inquest resumes in October

The William Tyrrell inquest will resume later this year, with the NSW Coroners Court hearing potential witnesses are withholding information about the three-year-old's 2014 disappearance.
Deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame today revealed the inquest would resume in Sydney from October 6 with four days of hearings.
The inquest is examining how William vanished from his foster grandparents' home at Kendall on the NSW Mid North Coast in September 2014.

The inquiry was adjourned in March because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Several witnesses are still to give evidence and investigators are examining fresh leads.

William Tyrrell witnesses urged to come forward before inquest resumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member