Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant easier to capture William.

I remember looking into a young local man who had died . . . but I don't remember finding a reason for suspecting him.
Yes .... I was thinking along the lines of RP who died, as possibly being the driver.... sorry for the confusion....

mosae,
Just re the info about MFC on the fire trail: a document about that was released by the Coroner last year (2020), along with some other documents about other people: Extraordinary unseen evidence from William Tyrrell's disappearance is released - including new photos and transcripts of a key person of interest's phone conversations, Daily Mail Australia, 07 July 2020

It's just not new information, that's all I'm saying, and I hope that if it had been significant the coroner might have looked into it before concluding the inquest.

Thankyou for pointing out and linking the news article about the MFC fire trail search.

It is even more interesting to me that the coroner released the relevant Rosann Taskforce document.

My friend who attended most days of the inquest missed part of the day MFC testified due to family illness and I missed the news article.

New to me as far as I remember.

'Advice' is different from 'instruction' I think, or am I over-discriminating seeing it was written by a police officer?

Maybe the police officer's 'advice' was given to MFC in order to get him back to 48 Benaroon so he could regain his composure prior to being questioned about his and the family's morning timeline to aid the official search process.

Thanks so much for this ….

Very interesting that the Mc Donald’s CCTV is now being discussed as the last proof of life …. And not the photos taken by FFC at the FGM’s house?
Are you able to elaborate any more on the thoughts of Xanthie M for those of us who couldn’t watch it please??

In the back of my mind wasn't the photograph timeline raised early during to colonial inquest and an expert opinion was to be sought ? Did I miss another vital news report about that inquiry and result of the experts' report?

Thanks so much for this ….

Very interesting that the Mc Donald’s CCTV is now being discussed as the last proof of life …. And not the photos taken by FFC at the FGM’s house?
Are you able to elaborate any more on the thoughts of Xanthie M for those of us who couldn’t watch it please??

Xanthe and the Morecombs discussed the value of having family identities known to gain the confidence and assistance of the public. Mr Morecomb saying they had participated in all media interviews to keep Daniel's disappearance in the public mind in the hope of gaining the missing pieces of information to catch the person responsible.

In William's case the non ability of the foster carers images and names to be publicly identified as required by law, may have created suspicion by the public who did not understand the legal requirements attached to foster caring and adoption. This in turn started off the rumour mill.

I think all we want is to recover William and to have the full force of Justice served for William.

The MFC literally searched everywhere.......as described by many neighbours, who I heard give evidence, as being "frantically " yelling out William's name while looking all over. He gave the same evidence himself.

This is not new information & yes the investigators note was mentioned at the inquest. The FFC was told to stay at the house if I remember correctly.

William also had his sandles on when he went missing.

I just say without malice is we don't know for a fact that William was wearing his sandals at the time of his disappearance. We only know what has been said.

Last edited:
It was clearly stated at the inquest that the photo's taken on the deck were the last photos taken of William.........by police, by Mr C, by the FF etc. From memory I think their were about 6 taken.

I'd believe evidence in a court rather than a journo on a "special investigation" TV show made for ratings.

The program also said that the FFC & FGM were inside when William went missing, which is also not true :rolleyes:

I understand the FFC and her mother went inside from the deck at same time his sister had a bathroom visit, at same time they had made refreshments inside then went again onto back deck then FFC said to her mother that she could not hear William. So confusing trying to recall the correct timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was clearly stated at the inquest that the photo's taken on the deck were the last photos taken of William.........by police, by Mr C, by the FF etc. From memory I think their were about 6 taken.

I'd believe evidence in a court rather than a journo on a "special investigation" TV show made for ratings.

The program also said that the FFC & FGM were inside when William went missing, which is also not true :rolleyes:
Thanks, doc. It's so good to hear direct from someone who was there and can give factual reports with no innuendo.

Yes I understand that has been said. When William's remains are recovered there may be proof of that. Yet there may not be proof either. I personally do not believe all that has been said without proof.

And the spiderman suit had a white spider on the back and that is unusual, and purchased in Bali wasn't it? I've not seen one like that except for the photo of William released by the coroner at the time the timestamps were questioned by one of the witness legal counsels from memory.
I guess if the sandals weren't located at 48 Benaroon Drive , than I think it's safe to say William was wearing them.

I am sure the police have confirmed this.

We heard nothing more of the application by Swift ( representing the bio dad ) re the time stamp on the photos , so I assume there is nothing of interest that the coroner found IMO

Confusion over time famous last photo of William Tyrrell was taken

A document inside the brief of evidence at the inquest revealed a "created time" for the image of 7.39am, and a "corrected time" of 9.37am.
A photo's metadata, known as EXIF data, is a kind of digital fingerprint, imprinting the date and time the photograph was created.
There are a variety of reasons EXIF data could be displayed incorrectly, such as the camera's time and date settings being set up incorrectly. The inquest is determined an expert resolve those questions about the photograph, The Australian reported.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

The Australian understands Ms Grahame last week agreed to an application by Michelle Swift, counsel for William’s biological father, for further forensic testing of the image.

But the sandals were affixed after death, obviously. Plus the post-mortem doctor is corrupt and if you magnify his profile pic, shadows on the background trees represent a teddy bear.

There's always room for doubt, but sometimes the doubt is unreasonable.
Very true JLZ, there has to be some common sense applied. Everything is not a conspiracy.

The sandals are an odd thing to focus on. IMO

Who cares if William's sandals were off or on? A child can run around in barefeet, sandals, sneakers, socks, whatever.

It wouldn't make an iota of difference to this case, either way. Other than the fact that everyone wants people to watch out for sandals like that ... because they potentially will be a clue.

... I also feel at this stage that anything that keeps William front & centre is worthwhile.
<RSBM>
The weird thing about this program is that it hasn't put William front and centre. I don't know what sort of "interview" DCI Laidlaw was involved in, but I think it's the only time he's even spoken publicly about the case. Normally that would result in follow-up articles by other MSM organisations. But in this case (as far as I can find with a search by Google and Twitter) there's been only one article afterwards: in New Idea (linked by drsleuth yesterday or see below) - without an author's name and with the wrong spelling for "Tyrrell" in the headline.

William Tyrell mystery: 'Cops know who took him', New Idea, 19 July 2021

Very true JLZ, there has to be some common sense applied. Everything is not a conspiracy.
Hang on, though. It's not a conspiracy theory to suggest that all information needs verification. That's just sensible. Memories are unreliable. And the only information we-the-public have about what happened the morning William disappeared comes from the memories of FFC. We were not given any evidence at the inquest by William's foster grandmother or his sister, so there's no way to verify anything of what FFC remembers. Considering the situation and how scary it must have been for her, it would be strange if her memories are all correct and in order. (That's not a criticism, just acknowledgement that stress affects memory.)

Hang on, though. It's not a conspiracy theory to suggest that all information needs verification. That's just sensible. Memories are unreliable. And the only information we-the-public have about what happened the morning William disappeared comes from the memories of FFC. We were not given any evidence at the inquest by William's foster grandmother or his sister, so there's no way to verify anything of what FFC remembers. Considering the situation and how scary it must have been for her, it would be strange if her memories are all correct and in order. (That's not a criticism, just acknowledgement that stress affects memory.)

However, to create and question scenarios involving family members with no proof or verification at all is not sensible. IMO

Pretty sure that FF memories are more accurate than others wild speculation. This was likely the worst day of their lives. It is something that they will never forget. Even if they were wavering at any early point due to high emotional distress.

Of course Stormbird. I never suggested that . But there have been for years, conspiracy theories with this case & it just gets to me I guess ( like people who continue to question if William was even in Kendall etc )

Good example of how stress effects memory, was the 000 call the FFC made, stating she saw no cars etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998