Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-topic - the Morcombes are asking for help to identify someone:

Family of Daniel Morcombe outraged at 'bizarre' graffiti attack, ABC News, 18 Oct 2021

In short, CCTV footage from a service station on Woombye-Palmwoods Road, Woombye QLD, on Thursday 7 October at 5:30 pm shows a man of 65-70 years of age defacing a sign which promotes the Daniel Morcombe Foundation's Walk for Daniel. He was driving an old model Subaru Forrester. In the background of the video there's a cricket pitch, so it was easy to find the location: see Google Maps Streetview.

Family of Daniel Morcombe outraged at 'bizarre' graffiti attack, ABC News, 18 Oct 2021

In short, CCTV footage from a service station on Woombye-Palmwoods Road, Woombye QLD, on Thursday 7 October at 5:30 pm shows a man of 65-70 years of age defacing a sign which promotes the Daniel Morcombe Foundation's Walk for Daniel. He was driving an old model Subaru Forrester. In the background of the video there's a cricket pitch, so it was easy to find the location: see Google Maps Streetview.

Wow! What a despicable person. The person who has the motivation to do this needs to be found ASAP and is probably someone who belongs in a gaol!

The location is very close to where Daniel was taken from In 2003, very close. Green circle is location of the Vandalism and yellow circle is where Daniel was taken.

Bruce Morcombe said if he was a police officer, the first thing he would do is look at the coronial inquest and anyone who gave evidence there.

Attachments

• 8F202879-D065-407F-A197-C72F36A83CD1.jpeg
    8F202879-D065-407F-A197-C72F36A83CD1.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 19
Wow! What a despicable person. The person who has the motivation to do this needs to be found ASAP and is probably someone who belongs in a gaol!
It's disturbing behaviour, I agree. To wreck the property of a charity is bad enough, but there must be something sinister going on to make him aim spraypaint directly into the photo of person's eye, IMO. Bruce Morcombe wondered if it might be someone who appeared as a witness at Daniel's inquest - which is presumably what T-dawg420 was talking about in post 509? (Bruce Morcombe responds to a question at about 4:15 in Daniel Morcombe's parents devastated after man defaced his photo, 7NEWS, YouTube, 17 October 2021)

Whoever it is, he wasn't stopped by lots of cars going past, which is what worries me:
(a) he's willing to commit a crime in full view of whoever happens to see him; and
(b) if it was the Morcombes who had to track down the CCTV then it seems likely that none of the many people travelling past actually reported him to police (why??);
(c) presumably he has some sort of twisted motivation for his behaviour, so there's the possibility he's a danger in the community.

It's disturbing behaviour, I agree. To wreck the property of a charity is bad enough, but there must be something sinister going on to make him aim spraypaint directly into the photo of person's eye, IMO. Bruce Morcombe wondered if it might be someone who appeared as a witness at Daniel's inquest - which is presumably what T-dawg420 was talking about in post 509? (Bruce Morcombe responds to a question at about 4:15 in Daniel Morcombe's parents devastated after man defaced his photo, 7NEWS, YouTube, 17 October 2021)

Whoever it is, he wasn't stopped by lots of cars going past, which is what worries me:
(a) he's willing to commit a crime in full view of whoever happens to see him; and
(b) if it was the Morcombes who had to track down the CCTV then it seems likely that none of the many people travelling past actually reported him to police (why??);
(c) presumably he has some sort of twisted motivation for his behaviour, so there's the possibility he's a danger in the community.
Yeah stormbird that’s what I was referring too. I actually saw the news live and couldn’t post a link at the time

Still off-topic, following up the earlier post:

Police charge 78-year-old man with wilful damage after Daniel Morcombe banner vandalised, Courier Mail, 20 Oct 2021

Queensland Police charged a 78-year-old man with four counts of wilful damage. He was issued with a notice to appear in Maroochydore Magistrates Court next month.

(The article is pay-walled but non-subscribers might be able to access it via the tweet by The Courier-Mail @couriermail )

Hello Earth. Once again - we hear of a heart breaking situation of a little child who is no longer in their safe haven. And there’s a million questions as to Why Not.

imo - Cleo’s disappearance smacks of interference by someone. IMO, there’s No 4 year old who takes her sleeping bag out into the pitch dark to explore the surroundings! Most can’t manage to go to the toilet on their own, in the well-known safety of their own home ..

I’m not convinced that little Cleo’s disappearance is linked to William’s - other than the fact that our land seems to be breeding a population of a ‘2 legged species’ that defies ‘human’ description .

Such a hugely Sad indictment of our society...

Why this is accepted, I have no clue.

I wonder, how Bad does it have to get before we, as a community, demand some decent standards of behaviour ?

But now I pray for Cleo as well as for William.

Would you all please give a moment in ‘willing’ good outcomes for them both

Hello Earth. Once again - we hear of a heart breaking situation of a little child who is no longer in their safe haven. And there’s a million questions as to Why Not.

imo - Cleo’s disappearance smacks of interference by someone. IMO, there’s No 4 year old who takes her sleeping bag out into the pitch dark to explore the surroundings! Most can’t manage to go to the toilet on their own, in the well-known safety of their own home ..

I’m not convinced that little Cleo’s disappearance is linked to William’s - other than the fact that our land seems to be breeding a population of a ‘2 legged species’ that defies ‘human’ description .

Such a hugely Sad indictment of our society...

Why this is accepted, I have no clue.

I wonder, how Bad does it have to get before we, as a community, demand some decent standards of behaviour ?

But now I pray for Cleo as well as for William.

Would you all please give a moment in ‘willing’ good outcomes for them both

The thing I just can’t see happening with Cleo is someone taking the risk of opening the tent without knowing the sleeping arrangement inside, or if anyone is awake, to take a little girl. Perhaps she wandered outside and got taken, or has just wandered off. Would hate to think parents are involved but I suppose that has to be an option still at this point.
That being said, who knows how the criminal mind works.
I hope that this doesn’t continue on for 7 years like William, and it can be solved and the proper people receive the proper punishment.

The thing I just can’t see happening with Cleo is someone taking the risk of opening the tent without knowing the sleeping arrangement inside, or if anyone is awake, to take a little girl. Perhaps she wandered outside and got taken, or has just wandered off. Would hate to think parents are involved but I suppose that has to be an option still at this point.
That being said, who knows how the criminal mind works.
I hope that this doesn’t continue on for 7 years like William, and it can be solved and the proper people receive the proper punishment.

I hear you CooperD - actually I just can’t get my head around many of the activities that I hear being perpetrated by ‘One’ against ‘Another’ of our fellow human beings !

however, in response to your comments, IMO from media reports, Police are pretty convinced little Cleo has been abducted & parents not involved. These scum seem to be as cunning as sh#$house rats & as brazen as brass! Even in the case of William, it seems he disappeared in no time & almost from under the nose of FM, FGM & sister - which would suggest pretty close proximity by the animal responsible.

Police apparently have some ‘credible witnesses’ & focusing on a Car seen leaving the location of Cleo’s camp & have some CCTV they hope will shed light.
CCTV showing mystery car seized by police in Cleo search

Also, ScoMo advises on Federal Police involvement
AFP using ‘advanced capabilities’ in search for Cleo Smith

Hopefully a lot has been learnt from the possible mistakes with William’s investigation & they will find Cleo quickly - it may even lead to other breakthroughs.

I hear you CooperD - actually I just can’t get my head around many of the activities that I hear being perpetrated by ‘One’ against ‘Another’ of our fellow human beings !

however, in response to your comments, IMO from media reports, Police are pretty convinced little Cleo has been abducted & parents not involved. These scum seem to be as cunning as sh#$house rats & as brazen as brass! Even in the case of William, it seems he disappeared in no time & almost from under the nose of FM, FGM & sister - which would suggest pretty close proximity by the animal responsible.

Police apparently have some ‘credible witnesses’ & focusing on a Car seen leaving the location of Cleo’s camp & have some CCTV they hope will shed light.
CCTV showing mystery car seized by police in Cleo search

Also, ScoMo advises on Federal Police involvement
AFP using ‘advanced capabilities’ in search for Cleo Smith

Hopefully a lot has been learnt from the possible mistakes with William’s investigation & they will find Cleo quickly - it may even lead to other breakthroughs.

Yep you’re 100% right there, the criminal mind works in ways that just don’t make sense to the rest of us.
Whatever the case I’m hoping the girl is alive and unharmed, although that becomes more unlikely each passing day.

In terms of WT as you’ve mentioned him being snatched from under the noses of his family, it certainly is one of the most opportunistic crimes I can remember happening in Australia. Just some sicko that had perfect timing in a perfect combination of circumstances that has let them get away with things for this long. WT is absolutely my number one ‘I need this to be solved in my lifetime’ crimes.

What absolutely wonderful news to wake up to - little CS found - alive & well.

Found around midnight, locked in a house in Carnarvon - approx 7mins from her home!

No other info, except a 36 year old Male, not connected to the family, is in custody.

Last edited by a moderator:
NSW Police to reveal major new search operation to find William Tyrrell

“Further information has since come to light, as part of our ongoing review of the materials gathered by investigators since the moment William went missing seven years ago,” Strike Force Rosann Officer-in-Charge, Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw, said.

Police did not comment further as to what the new information was, but the previous week it was reported detectives had renewed their inquiries into a person of interest who had previously been dismissed.

William Tyrrell: NSW Police Strike Force Rosann announces fresh searches | Daily Mail Online

She was due to release her report in June, however now remains in talks with police who have narrowed in on a new suspect who was previously ruled out.

Chief Inspector David Laidlaw is leading the investigation after former lead detective Gary Jubelin quit the force when he was convicted of breaking the law to covertly record four conversations with a suspect.

'We believe we can identify who it may be or the circumstances of his disappearance,' Chief Insp Laidlaw told Sky News in July.
-.-.-
Meanwhile it has emerged a convicted paedophile 'person of interest' in the case had a son who mysteriously died at the same age as William.

The 80-year-old was living in a caravan 12km from the property the three-year-old boy vanished without a trace and has since been unable to give police an alibi.

Described as a 'dirty old man', he is currently serving a 16 year prison sentence for the sexual abuse of three young children and was acquitted of a teenage girl's 1968 murder in the small community of Pitt Town, 60km north-west of Sydney.

bbm

NSW Police to reveal major new search operation to find William Tyrrell

“Further information has since come to light, as part of our ongoing review of the materials gathered by investigators since the moment William went missing seven years ago,” Strike Force Rosann Officer-in-Charge, Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw, said.

Police did not comment further as to what the new information was, but the previous week it was reported detectives had renewed their inquiries into a person of interest who had previously been dismissed.

Do 'we' have a list of previous persons of interest who had previously been dismissed?

William Tyrrell: NSW Police Strike Force Rosann announces fresh searches | Daily Mail Online

She was due to release her report in June, however now remains in talks with police who have narrowed in on a new suspect who was previously ruled out.

Chief Inspector David Laidlaw is leading the investigation after former lead detective Gary Jubelin quit the force when he was convicted of breaking the law to covertly record four conversations with a suspect.

'We believe we can identify who it may be or the circumstances of his disappearance,' Chief Insp Laidlaw told Sky News in July.
-.-.-
Meanwhile it has emerged a convicted paedophile 'person of interest' in the case had a son who mysteriously died at the same age as William.

The 80-year-old was living in a caravan 12km from the property the three-year-old boy vanished without a trace and has since been unable to give police an alibi.

Described as a 'dirty old man', he is currently serving a 16 year prison sentence for the sexual abuse of three young children and was acquitted of a teenage girl's 1968 murder in the small community of Pitt Town, 60km north-west of Sydney.

bbm

This old man that used to live in the caravan has never been cleared has he? Who could be the person of interest that was subsequently cleared according to these recent and current media articles, that is now a person of interest (yet again). The revisiting of the scene as detailed in the article FromGermany1 reveals the current Laidlaw-lead investigation team were reviewing something of interest. I wonder what is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname