Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I done the same and had come to the same conclusion and thought he was innocent... I was clearly wrong.

I also thought the same. Most of us would have tradesmen as a family member or friend, just imagine being in the wrong place around the right time.
There but for the grace of God, go I. Though my thoughts have changed somewhat this last month.

All I said was that I wouldn't trust police and that I was disappointed to see photographers at the scene which suggests that they were tipped off about a pending arrest.

It's reasonably clear that the media have been camped outside BS's house?

And given the police were there the day before, and there was suggestions of "movement" soon, there would of been even more media waiting in expectation.

It's reasonably clear that the media have been camped outside BS's house?

And given the police were there the day before, and there was suggestions of "movement" soon, there would of been even more media waiting in expectation.
Was absolutely worth a stake out. Even if you end with ol' colin giving you some gems of wisdom.

IMO pedophilia is as serious as murder. Maybe that sounds extreme, but that's how I feel. It takes a certain kind of evil. For some reason the law doesn't treat it with the severity it deserves! I've always been dumbfounded by this. At least in NSW they will introduce life sentencing for crimes like what Spedding is charged with.

Agreed. And to me, it is a kind of murder ... in that it 'kills' a little one's childhood, robs them of the innocence that should accompany a healthy childhood, strikes long-lasting fear into them, and undoubtedly makes them a different person from the one they were before the abuse.

Meanwhile in the US, I recall my middle child riding in the back seat of my vehicle on the way home from a dental appointment when he was about 12 years old... I heard from teh back seat the sound of him talking to himself, but I didn't catch it all, I just heard "orn in the orn" .. as I turned my head to ask him what he'd said, I saw a billboard in a corn field for an Adult Book Store... the child had said "*advertiser censored* in the corn".... well I'm not perfect, I cracked up. Kids will be kids!

Reminds me of a friend of mine's son, who as a 2-3 year old said a slightly different word for 'truck'. And big trucks he liked very much. Was a tad embarrassing when he would loudly proclaim "Look at that ____ ".

Reminds me of a friend of mine's son, who as a 2-3 year old said a slightly different word for 'truck'. And big trucks he liked very much. Was a tad embarrassing when he would loudly proclaim "Look at that ____ ".

heh my same middle child was obsessed with "cruction frucks"... construction trucks. But sometimes he'd see workers near their trucks and point and holler "GREAT BIG FRUCK" which, you know, doesn't always sound so great... I so wish that William's parents were making these sorts of memories right now. :please:

IMO pedophilia is as serious as murder. Maybe that sounds extreme, but that's how I feel. It takes a certain kind of evil. For some reason the law doesn't treat it with the severity it deserves! I've always been dumbfounded by this. At least in NSW they will introduce life sentencing for crimes like what Spedding is charged with.
Totally agree and doesnt sound extreme at all.
I think that some of the depraved things they do are worse than murder in some cases aswell.

Totally agree and doesnt sound extreme at all.
I think that some of the depraved things they do are worse than murder in some cases aswell.
Would it be worse to have been raped by your daddy as a four year old or have been shot in the back randomly as an adult?

Sentences dont match the impact on a life.

Would it be worse to have been raped by your daddy as a four year old or have been shot in the back randomly as an adult?

Sentences dont match the impact on a life.

Worse to be raped by your daddy as a child. You live the rest of your life suffering daily. At least the adult getting shot in the back had thousands of truly good days in their life (and a chance at a normal life at all), unlike the four year old.

Agreed. And to me, it is a kind of murder ... in that it 'kills' a little one's childhood, robs them of the innocence that should accompany a healthy childhood, strikes long-lasting fear into them, and undoubtedly makes them a different person from the one they were before the abuse.

Thank you for that....Couldn't agree with you more! Just to add that victims who suffer these tragic ramifications will spend a lifetime trying to cope and overcome the abuse. Child abuse of any kind, especially sexual abuse, kills an innocent child's spirit....TO ME, this is a form of murder!

Lol. My 2 year old is a just loves Thomas The Train. When he says Percy, well it sounds like something completely different! Ive had a few strange looks from people.

[modsnip] In the WT case there is no proof or evidence (yet), by LE or MSM that BS is the culprit, that has been divulged publicly. So all accusations so far are accusations, not speculation. Obviously LE has facts we are unaware of and are only released or acted upon when they view it will further the case or in finding William. Given the reports of medical evidence in the other matters, if they are substantiated, my own opinion is that LE are correct in focussing intently on this POI.

The reason our posts are pure speculation instead of accusation is because, as per WS TOS, links containing factual information must be backed up with quotes and/or links. All other posts are considered to be opinion/speculation, or else rumor. Since these don't qualify as rumor, they are by default speculation.

IMO. But please do flag my post for moderator review if you find it is completely wrong or if you want clarification of rules, since I'm obviously not a moderator and only am expressing my own understanding of the rules. Plus making an accusation implies more than thinking out loud/speculation about one's potential guilt IMO, and none of us are doing any more than that. IMO the people who called crimestoppers made accusations. People thinking out loud in a room of other non-law enforcement personnel are just speculating. IMO.

She’d been told by police that overseas paedophiles saw Australia as an opportunity because of perceived weaker sentencing. :gaah:

“They catch people in the US who are coming here to get a child.”

:pullhair:

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ate-in-australia/story-fns0kb1g-1227319493472

ugh... also from your link..

"“They’re masters at manipulation and manipulate everyone around the safety of children.”

That was no more evident when people were charged with child sex crimes. Dr Briggs said the usual reaction was one of utter disbelief.

“Nobody wants to believe they’re guilty of it.”

She told news.com.au it was important to understand how these criminals worked because that meant they could be stopped and the cycle of abuse was broken. Many paedophiles were themselves “damaged” by sexual predators."

WHICH is yet ANOTHER reason why I said before it's worse to be raped by your father as a four year old, when a user implied that was better than being stabbed to death as an adult (shot? whatever)... because so often (BY NO MEANS ALWAYS AS EVIDENCED BY SOME WONDERFUL WEBSLETHS CONTRIBUTORS).. but *often*... the abused goes on to abuse.

To me, what has been unfolding has been frightening but not surprising. Unfortunately now I look at so many people with suspicion after a hideous case of child abuse unfolded recently in my family. My cousin who was also my best friend had been abusing one of my godsons for 6 years(!), at times under my own roof! My world imploded, as did my family. Our lives and the world as we knew it will never be the same. I didn't think it happened in families like mine. Extremely well educated people with prestigious jobs and held in great esteem by all they knew. And the level of deception was so complex and shocking. Pedophilia transcends all boundaries of race, age, sex, culture and socio economic background. I've done so much research into pedophilia over the last year to try and get my head around how and why this happened. Unfortunately pedophiles are born hard wired to have that sexual attraction. The same way that gays, lesbian and transgender people are born the way they are. There is no way of changing the way they are. Remember all the radical and disastrous methods used to try and cure homosexuals of their homosexuality in the past? If there is no way of curing these people (pedophiles) it is all about management and awareness. The stigma felt by victims must be awful but so unnecessary. The perceived shame leads to cover ups and these individuals get away with it and go on to damage more lives that can never be properly heeled.
There are so many flaws in our processes. Something has to change. Figures on child sexual abuse are absolutely frightening and possibly just the tip of the iceberg. Every one must speak up on these issues. Children must be educated that there is no shame in being a victim and that they need to be brave and speak up. I'm so proud of my godson finally speaking up after 6 years of abuse. He was scared of splitting up the family but didn't want other children to fall victim.
I truly feel heartbroken for all the victims in these cases. Though I'm sorry to say I have very little sympathy or respect for the type of women that protect men that they know have committed horrendous acts. Turning a blind eye is as criminal as the act itself as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you for sharing your story. Awareness is amazing. Your story has prompted me to contact my local high school to have a chat to teens about talking about incidents that have occurred in the past and in secret.

I came out after 20 years. It was too late for me, I'd already been Dux of primary school to then get expelled from 2 high schools and hate education (due to drug use). what I am seeing and hearing is that 20 years is about the usual time for victims to talk about the crimes against them. These kids are in uni degrees or apprenticeships by then and turn to drugs or other means to cope. Work at a uni now and see this first hand.

She’d been told by police that overseas paedophiles saw Australia as an opportunity because of perceived weaker sentencing. :gaah:

“They catch people in the US who are coming here to get a child.”

:pullhair:

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ate-in-australia/story-fns0kb1g-1227319493472

Sorry to quote myself .... but this ^^^ just made me think of all of those Crime Stoppers alerts for William that were issued overseas.

The search for missing toddler William Tyrell has gone global this week as agencies as far afield as Europe and the US appeal for information about the case.
https://act.crimestoppers.com.au/news/hunt-missing-toddler-william-tyrell-goes-across-world

Crime Stoppers websites in up to 26 countries have been asked by NSW Crime Stoppers to post an article about William’s abduction from the small town of Kendall last year, asking anyone with information to contact Australian Police.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...across-the-world/story-fni0cx12-1227243033734

G
Thanks Makara. I greatly respect your opinions. I feel so passionate about this issue. When I have healed and regained my strength I feel I need to use my personal experience and gained knowledge (as awful as it is) to raise awareness. Nobody wants to talk about child abuse but that's not going to make it go away. It is an awful, but very real part of humanity.
Love your work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members