Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
William Tyrrell: ‘One million reasons’ to come forward over toddler’s abduction
7:29pm September 12, 2016

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fimages%2f2015%2fapril%2f17%2f1604_william_tyrrell_1.ashx%3fw%3d603

A $1 million reward, the largest in New South Wales history, has been announced for information that leads to the arrest of the person who abducted missing toddler William Tyrrell, or for the boy’s safe return or recovery.

William, then aged three, went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the state's mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

[...]

"You’re in a much better position if you come to us than if we come to you."

Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS WRITTEN BELOW. YOU MUST FOLLOW WHAT IS OUTLINED OR YOU WILL BE TIMED OUT OR BANNED!!!!

Thanks to DrSleuth for your help in writing up the information needed for the discussion.

Here is what we can and cannot discuss.

No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE
CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

Prior to the coronial inquest, the bio families could be identified, but it was overturned by the coroner for the inquest.

I am very sorry it took me so long to open this thread back up. Please keep in mind we are short handed so if this thread starts to get out of control with alerts we will have to close it again.
Please do not hesitate to alert but make sure the alert is truly needed. We have experienced a lot of tit for tat alerts and that makes me foam at the mouth, grow hair on my hands and my teeth turn into fangs. In other words please be sure when you post you are posting within our terms of service.

Thank you,
Tricia

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/MAPS/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43
Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 (Thread #66 pulled for review) Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73

Last edited by a moderator:
So, does that mean it's OK to discuss any other books on the subject?

There is no blanket approval. Please contact a Mod or Admin with the name of the book and the author and we will make a decision.

Chumley's book "Searching for Spiderman" is not approved.

Gary Jubelin's book and Caroline Overington's book are the only two that are approved for discussion at this time.

I think they should be okay - as one is a journo and one is an ex-lead detective on the case - but I will alert on my post and see if a mod can clarify how we should reference. Whether that be the book and page number, or a screenshot of the specific excerpt from the page of one of the allowable books.

IIRC stormbird was putting up screenshots when she spoke of particular passages from Overington's book.

Both books can be discussed.

Always give credit to the author. Book title, page # and paraphrasing or brief quotes are allowed.

Screenshots and more extensive quoting requires approval of the author (the copyright holder).

Do not try to get more content in by breaking it up into multiple posts.

ADMIN NOTE:

This case has its very own set of very unique circumstances that we are having to work around and we know it is difficult for our members.

Of course we have William's case, but we also have the complicating factors of the foster situation, a living minor child, a coronial inquest that prevents publication of names, an AVO not known 100% to be immediately connected to William's case.

Taking all the above into consideration, we can not allow sleuthing of individuals who have not been publicly named.

Discussing what is in MSM is fine, but actual sleuthing of unnamed persons and posting about their background, their personal information or social media is not allowed.

Thanks to everyone here for trying to post accordingly through all this murkiness.

ADMIN NOTE:

IMPORTANT

PLEASE READ AND 'LIKE' THIS POST SO WE KNOW YOU HAVE READ IT.

Thread #66 remains pulled due to a recent influx of trolls. We may be able to get it reinstated in a couple of weeks.

Those individuals that we have been able to identify have been banned. There may be others who registered earlier and are waiting in the wings.

This new thread is for discussion only by our long term, veteran Websleuths members who have a sincere dedication to William's case.

As a result of this recent troll invasion we are not allowing new members to join in this discussion.

We are requesting that our trusted members Report posts by new members who join Websleuths after today (December 23, 2021) to participate in William's thread. We will review the matter and deal with it accordingly.

Those whose goal is to incite conflict are not welcome at Websleuths.

Thank you to all our members who have been able to participate respectfully and responsibly in this discussion. We truly appreciate you.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

Also, as there is no approved source regarding a statement to the Director of Young Hope, that is considered rumor at Websleuths. Posts and responses related to it have been removed or modsnipped.

Please don't bring it back into this discussion unless there is an approved source to substantiate such information.

Hey everyone,

The Spedding award by the court is of interest, but discussion of the actual historical charges have nothing to do with William's case.

Please move past that discussion.

Thanks.

ETA: Changed "settlement" to "award by the court".

EXCLUSIVE: Huge blow in the search for the boy in the SpiderMan suit as high-profile charity pulls its support for 'Where's William Tyrrell' campaign after charges were laid against the missing toddler's foster mother​

Daniel Morecombe's parents cut ties with William Tyrrell charity
BBM - “Where’s William? is not legally a charity, and cannot directly collect donations, but struck up an arrangement with the registered charities Bravehearts, and when that relationship collapsed, the Daniel Morcombe Foundation.
On its website, Insight notes it manages the Where's William? campaign pro bono, and with no official spokesperson and yet in its first year had massive media coverage, online traffic and social media reach.
Claire Collins told Daily Mail Australia apart from not knowing anything about the Daniel Morcombe Foundation cutting ties with Where's William?, that the campaign would not comment.

On June 26, 2015, Insight Communications stated the campaign would 'manage public consciousness ... and empower William's parents as the foremost voice for William' and the following year was boosted by a record $1m reward from the NSW Government.”

fm wasnt found not guilty of allegedly assaulting the girl in her care, it was only about intentionally lying about using a wooden spoon, which she somehow forgot, not realising she was being recorded with police surveillance as the alleged assault happened

ADMIN NOTE:

Opening Post #4 above is dated December 23, 2021 and has been carried forward to each thread as part of our thread opening procedure. It seems the wording "after today" in the body of the post has caused some misunderstanding. The post has now been edited to include "after today (December 23, 2021)" to avoid any further confusion.

Our position in regard to the above has not changed.

<modsnip> I am wondering if LE are still working on preparing their evidence before proceeding to charge.
I don’t think there will be any charges anytime soon or even at all Coulbe. If the only people who know what happened to WT and where his body is are the fp then without a body or a confession solving Ws case doesn’t look very promising. If the fp are in fact the only 2 people with this information then it’s likely they will take what they’ve done and what they know to their graves. And same goes for the million dollar reward. If the only 2 people who know where W is are the fp then the reward is rather pointless.

I think most people and definitely LE have figured out what happened to WT that morning and there is certainly circumstantial evidence there to suggest the fps involvement in Ws disappearance. Will they ever confess? I don’t believe they ever will. I’ll always pray for a miracle and miracles happen so I’ll just keep praying.

I don’t think there will be any charges anytime soon or even at all Coulbe. If the only people who know what happened to WT and where his body is are the fp then without a body or a confession solving Ws case doesn’t look very promising. If the fp are in fact the only 2 people with this information then it’s likely they will take what they’ve done and what they know to their graves. And same goes for the million dollar reward. If the only 2 people who know where W is are the fp then the reward is rather pointless.

I think most people and definitely LE have figured out what happened to WT that morning and there is certainly circumstantial evidence there to suggest the fps involvement in Ws disappearance. Will they ever confess? I don’t believe they ever will. I’ll always pray for a miracle and miracles happen so I’ll just keep praying.
In that case Chrissy, it looks like Insight Communications would have a job for the duration of their lives / and beyond! MOO
BBM -
On its website, Insight notes it manages the Where's William? campaign pro bono, and with no official spokesperson and yet in its first year had massive media coverage, online traffic and social media reach.

Claire Collins told Daily Mail Australia apart from not knowing anything about the Daniel Morcombe Foundation cutting ties with Where's William?, that the campaign would not comment.

On June 26, 2015, Insight Communications stated the campaign would 'manage public consciousness ... and empower William's parents as the foremost voice for William' and the following year was boosted by a record $1m reward from the NSW Government.”

In that case Chrissy, it looks like Insight Communications would have a job for the duration of their lives / and beyond! MOO
BBM -

Not much of "job for the duration of their lives" when they are working Pro Bono. IMO

I think it is very sad and shameful that some unnamed ‘concerned members of the public’ put the dear Morcombes in the middle of this. And then involved the DM.

The two organisations have always operated at arms length. That is not news.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member