Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

That's interesting. Magistrate McIntyre said there was no finding of a pattern of violence, as the prosecution had alleged.

The child had two police interviews, in each interview she was asked 750 questions! The magistrate stated that some of the questions were leading questions.

I wonder how this will bode with the police submission to the ODPP.

imo

It also refers to the magistrate listening to 'hours and hours' of recordings, which is the first MSM article I've seem stating that.

As for the ODDP, I'm almost willing to bet that it will choose not to proceed with a prosecution given what we have been told about the police case through media reports

If William's case ever gets to charges.....
Got the feeling it's gunna stink to high heaven with the ol....
'if the glove doesn't fit...you MUST acquit!":rolleyes:

Can't imagine the frustration for these investigative teams who KNOW what happened in cases yet can't make it stick. :confused:

Other Interesting comments in this article …

The FF lawyer, Lauren MacDougall, told The Saturday Telegraph the level of scrutiny the foster parents had been under since William vanished was extraordinary.

“It’s something I have only ever encountered in organised crime matters,” Ms MacDougall said.

And the Police coming under scrutiny for wasting resources…

When Jubelin was interviewed he made the following comment:
seeing five senior police sitting all day through a local court proceedings where they were not required to give evidence was not an efficient use of resources considering there is still a child missing”.

IMO

As for the ODDP, I'm almost willing to bet that it will choose not to proceed with a prosecution given what we have been told about the police case through media reports
Tend to agree …
If William's case ever gets to charges.....
Without any hard tangible evidence I don’t think it will ever get to charges …
IMO

William needs to be found ….. IMO

I would think that they were emergency and short-term placements, until the children could be returned to their birth parent(s) - or until DCJ could find a more permanent solution, in the event that children were placed permanently into the care of the Minister. . imo

Magistrate McIntyre described FM as an admired foster parent who had never come into contact with the justice system before these charges.

bbm

To my mind, this sentence by the magistrate is rather obtuse given the surrounding circumstances of WT's case for the last 10 years. She has been under suspicion by some or most of the Strikeforce in regards to a missing child in her care for most of that time. MOO

bbm

To my mind, this sentence by the magistrate is rather obtuse given the surrounding circumstances of WT's case for the last 10 years. She has been under suspicion by some or most of the Strikeforce in regards to a missing child in her care for most of that time. MOO

A hundred suspicions don't make a truth. We can't have a justice system that sentences according to police suspicions (especially in an unrelated matter).

The FM's lawyer said in the latest article that with FM being their suspect, despite being previously cleared, and with them laying no charges ... it is ironic that the best opportunity for FM to defend herself would be against a charge. Link

imo

bbm

It’s a completely unrelated case in regards to the law. The judge cannot take into consideration anything related to William’s case whatsoever. It’s the same as when someone is being tried on 1 charge, their previous charges and history cannot be disclosed. It’s literally how the law works.

The FF lawyer, Lauren MacDougall, told The Saturday Telegraph the level of scrutiny the foster parents had been under since William vanished was extraordinary.

“It’s something I have only ever encountered in organised crime matters,” Ms MacDougall said.
The disappearance of little W was verrry well organized, it seems, and also with certainty a crime ...... MOO
Some well protected players are occuring in little W's story. We don't know all their names, but they are definitively there, I believe.

I know it’s been said but intimidation of a foster child is so much more of a threat with the insecurity of placement. And to me, the acknowledgment that these fosters get frustrated and lash out with words, and occasionally physically, says something about them.

It’s a completely unrelated case in regards to the law. The judge cannot take into consideration anything related to William’s case whatsoever. It’s the same as when someone is being tried on 1 charge, their previous charges and history cannot be disclosed. It’s literally how the law works.
That needs to change imo

I know it’s been said but intimidation of a foster child is so much more of a threat with the insecurity of placement. And to me, the acknowledgment that these fosters get frustrated and lash out with words, and occasionally physically, says something about them.
Says A Lot about them imo. If only the focus would’ve been on them in the first place, like it is with most cases William’s justice would have come a long time ago. Moo

Says A Lot about them imo. If only the focus would’ve been on them in the first place, like it is with most cases William’s justice would have come a long time ago. Moo

Most of us know that Hans Rupp did investigate the FP in the first place. (refer to Caroline Overington's interview with Hans Rupp in her episode 4 "Person Of Interest" podcast)

He took their cars, phone, computers, checked the integrity of the proof of life photos, and investigated. He found no evidence of their involvement.

imo

Last edited:
Other Interesting comments in this article …

And the Police coming under scrutiny for wasting resources…

When Jubelin was interviewed he made the following comment:
seeing five senior police sitting all day through a local court proceedings where they were not required to give evidence was not an efficient use of resources considering there is still a child missing”.

IMO
As Jubelin himself has said publicly, "This is the largest missing persons investigation in the history of NSW." It didn't sit right with him that under his lead, WT had not been found.
At exactly the time of WT's disappearance, no one had eyes on the FFFC for approximately 25 minutes and she does not have a corroborated alibi for that time.

The team were all there the day BS was arrested for historical charges and present in local court proceedings on the mid north coast when opposing his bail.

<modsnip - not a POI>

Last edited by a moderator:
That they’re just like most parents?

That they’re just like most parents?
Agree most parents get frustrated and many of us have lost our cool at times. But would you say most parents rise to the level that these two did?
And if you are a foster carer you would be aware of likelihood of existing trauma and insecurity in foster children, and temper your behaviour accordingly?

Correct, a charge must be heard and judged on its own merit.

However, when it comes time for sentencing, previous charges / criminal history can be referred to & taken into consideration, particularly if it’s in the same vein.

Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back