Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

Honestly, I don't understand the thing with little W's shoes. I'm often a little (?) slow-witted, sorry. Why did FFC have to dump his shoes at all? Because she (stupidly) stated, he had shoes on, when he disappeared, although he hadn't? If he was "kidnapped", that could have theoretically happened without his shoes, after playing on the grass barefoot. Whether little W indeed was playing, we don't know of course, as so many other details of this case.
If FFC didn't want her husband to know of ongoing things during his absence, had the shoes to disappear because of him? Wouldn't the MFC have believed, the boy vanished without shoes?

Free
Not surprised. All I see is NSW Police eventually forking out more $'s , just like Speeding.

Would be interesting if the DPP come back anyway with their findings, I imagine they would be quite frustrated by this latest "request".

What are the dates for the re-opening of the inquest?

What are the dates for the re-opening of the inquest?
November and December 2024, as per The Daily Telegraph ….

Would have to go back to last Directions Hearing to see if specific dates were mentioned ….

Same paper also mentions that FM and FF are expected to be recalled as witnesses at the next tranche ….

Edit Correct error …

Last edited:
November and December 2024, as per The Daily Telegraph ….

Would have to go back to last Directions Hearing to see if specific dates were mentioned ….

Same paper also mentions that FM and FF are not expected to be recalled as witnesses at the next tranche ….

Thanks was looking for actual dates.

This article says that the FM & FF will give evidence.

The boy’s foster mother and father are expected to give evidence at the inquest in December.

I'm a bit confused as Coroner Grahame has said that she can't proceed until the DPP make a decision / finalised.

At the most recent directions hearing, Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame said the court needed clarity on the potential criminal charges before it could resume.

“I really can’t proceed until that issue is finalised,” Ms Grahame said at the time.

:confused:

I'm a bit confused as Coroner Grahame has said that she can't proceed until the DPP make a decision / finalised.

At the most recent directions hearing, Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame said the court needed clarity on the potential criminal charges before it could resume.

“I really can’t proceed until that issue is finalised,” Ms Grahame said at the time.

I think the Coroner likely now has clarity so can proceed.

It sounds as if the police are unable to clarify some of their evidence, as was requested by the DPP. If they can't clarify that evidence there is no point in proceeding with the DPP review.

Really glad to hear the inquest is going to resume.

imo

Agree …

Allegedly this is verbatim, the statement released by the ODPP ….

“The NSW Police Force asked that this Office suspend its consideration of their request for advice in this matter until after the conclusion of the next tranche of the inquest hearings in November and December 2024,” the DPP said in a statement.

(I do wish we could read the entire statement from the DPP)

Perhaps the Foster Parents are going to be offered a Section 61 to give evidence at the tranche in December .??

Maybe the Police and the DPP and the Coroner have decided that this may be the best way to proceed ????

All MOO …. And just a suggestion …

Agree …

“The NSW Police Force asked that this Office suspend its consideration of their request for advice in this matter until after the conclusion of the next tranche of the inquest hearings in November and December 2024,” the DPP said in a statement.

Perhaps the Foster Parents are going to be offered a Section 61 to give evidence at the tranche in December .??

Maybe the Police and the DPP and the Coroner have decided that this may be the best way to proceed ????

I'm not sure, they could just elect not to say anything than?

I read it as the journalist's guess.
Quite possible, however they did also state it would be in the December Tranche …. (As opposed to November) which IMO is a little specific …

I guess time will tell … but agree that nothing is ever certain in this case …

IMO

I'm not sure, they could just elect not to say anything than?
A person can be “Compelled to give evidence at a Coroners Court”
(from memory)

IMO

Edit to add link …

Compelling the witness’s evidence​

If a witness declines to give their evidence with the benefit of a certificate, a coroner is empowered to compel the witness to do so, if satisfied that the interests of justice require this course: s 61(4)(b).

Last edited:
Agree …

First they would have to object to answering a question on the grounds of self-incrimination. It seems to me that if guilty they've told so many lies, they'd just keep doing so, rather than raise an objection.

Last edited:

And then what happens? If nothing further can be established at the inquest, it all gets dropped? (Rhetorical questions)

This could be a 'graceful' way of the police acknowledging that they don't have the evidence to back up the theory.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back