Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

Also from that article

It would appear those close to the Tyrrell case have used dirty tricks by leaking details, without substance, to the media to run a smear campaign against the foster mother. For example, every year since Willian disappeared aged just three years old, a passionate team of his supporters who founded the Where’s William campaign have used the anniversary of his disappearance to prompt awareness of his plight. Last year on the eve of that anniversary, someone in the case leaked “news” that William’s foster mother was to be charged over his disappearance.

The leak at that point had no supporting evidence and action. No police turned up to arrest the mother, there was no brief for the DPP. In short, there was nothing. Trust me, when police know they have a case, they make a surprise arrest and the first media know about it is when the suspect is already in custody.
Shame that Michael Usher wasn’t forced to add ‘IMO’

That’s just my opinion.

It hasn’t worked, and I’d argue a couple withholding knowledge of a dead child might well have snapped by now. But they haven’t, and slowly the other charges against them are being fought, won, partially conceded or dismissed. And now the big threat of charges that should have mattered as far as the police are concerned, the ones that relate to William’s disappearance, have been put on ice.

Facts, before we get lost in the spin

FFC, guilty of two counts of common assault of a child, found guilty of intimidation of a child, guilty to fraudulent practice during sale of house to a tribunal. Has had foster child removed from her care.
Initially plead not guilty to fraud, tried to have assault and intimidation charges heard under the mental health act.

MFC, found guilty of intimidation of a child, guilty to fraudulent practice during sale of house to a tribunal.
Initially plead not guilty to fraud, assault and intimidation.

The couple were also fined $1500 each after they had another person place dummy bids at the auction of their Sydney home, which eventually sold for $4.1 million.

Both previously pleaded not guilty to one count of dishonestly obtaining a financial advantage by deception.

However the fraud charges were withdrawn by prosecutors and the couple both pleaded guilty to regulatory charges.

They both pleaded guilty to procuring a third party to make dummy bids, in contravention of the Property and Stock Agents Act.

Can anyone remember or have a link to the media publishing anything last year or ever about imminent charges going to be laid by police in regards to WT's disappearance? I'd be interested to see that.

Last edited:
Can anyone remember or have a link to the media publishing anything last year or ever about imminent charges going to be laid by police in regards to WT's disappearance? I'd be interested to see that.

AFAIK, there was only ever mention in the MSM of the brief submitted to the ODPP recommending that charges be laid against the FM.

Also, AFAIK, despite being requested to, they never handed over a copy of that brief to her lawyers.

AFAIK, there was only ever mention in the MSM of the brief submitted to the ODPP recommending that charges be laid against the FM.

Also, AFAIK, despite being requested to, they never handed over a copy of that brief to her lawyers.

Well, the DM stated it a little differently last year.

"... may face charges over his disappearance, it can be revealed ... "
"Nine News reported that detectives now believe they have enough evidence to charge the foster mother ... "
"Any decision on whether to proceed with charges being laid is up to the Director of Public Prosecutions."

Police allege William Tyrrell’s foster mum covered up death, seek charges​

By Tiffiny Genders and Perry Duffin

June 27, 2023 — 7.31pm

“Police have recommended prosecutors criminally charge William Tyrrell’s foster mother, alleging she covered up his accidental death almost a decade ago.”

It hasn’t worked, and I’d argue a couple withholding knowledge of a dead child might well have snapped by now. But they haven’t, and slowly the other charges against them are being fought, won, partially conceded or dismissed. And now the big threat of charges that should have mattered as far as the police are concerned, the ones that relate to William’s disappearance, have been put on ice.

FFC, guilty of two counts of common assault of a child, found guilty of intimidation of a child, guilty to fraudulent practice during sale of house to a tribunal. Has had foster child removed from her care.
Initially plead not guilty to fraud, tried to have assault and intimidation charges heard under the mental health act.

MFC, found guilty of intimidation of a child, guilty to fraudulent practice during sale of house to a tribunal.

The couple were also fined $1500 each after they had another person place dummy bids at the auction of their Sydney home, which eventually sold for $4.1 million.

Both previously pleaded not guilty to one count of dishonestly obtaining a financial advantage by deception.

However the fraud charges were withdrawn by prosecutors and the couple both pleaded guilty to regulatory charges.

They both pleaded guilty to procuring a third party to make dummy bids, in contravention of the Property and Stock Agents Act.

That’s what is meant by cases “won”. Not “won” by the foster parents but “won” by police, hence the convictions.

Appreciate all the links, so this was in relation to the release of this information at the time of WT's birthday.... OK, so MU is claiming that none of this should have been in MSM as it was getting in the way of the FFC's running WT's missing person campaign? It was factual and where the police were up to at the time, in their investigation... it's unfortunate...MOO

Appreciate all the links, so this was in relation to the release of this information at the time of WT's birthday.... OK, so MU is claiming that none of this should have been in MSM as it was getting in the way of the FFC's running WT's missing person campaign? It was factual and where the police were up to at the time, in their investigation... it's unfortunate...MOO
No, what he’s saying is when people see headlines that the foster mother may have done it, they think oh well the case is solved. They may have had information and think well it was his mother so that weird convo or weird thing l saw doesn’t mean anything. The focus should be that a boy is still missing, instead the focus is put on this leaked info instead.

No, what he’s saying is when people see headlines that the foster mother may have done it, they think oh well the case is solved. They may have had information and think well it was his mother so that weird convo or weird thing l saw doesn’t mean anything. The focus should be that a boy is still missing, instead the focus is put on this leaked info instead.
Yep, when I was going to the inquest all those years ago, I'd often get comments made to me along the lines of such " they know who did it don't they, that washing machine man " I'd than spend 10 mins telling them no that's not correct & why etc

Alot of the general public just read headlines, unfortunately!

The media qualify nearly every article and say WT still hasn't been found etc. etc., at whatever stage the case has been at, BUT, blame the media for the stories however unsubstantiated they run with. IMO

And as the years have gone by, with the police and public focus on just one person, witnesses are passing away before the inquest can resume.

I sometimes wonder if Geoff Owen is still around, having been quite ill at the time of his testimony at the inquest.

imo

It’s the same when they were focused on Spedding. I’ve only recently followed the case because I thought he did it.

It’s the same when they were focused on Spedding. I’ve only recently followed the case because I thought he did it.
I totally understand why they thought he was the most probable suspect. But it was very WRONG of them to call in the press and have them film the initial searches, etc. The press should come in AFTER there is substantial evidence collected.

But they haven't learned their lesson, IMO. They did the same thing with their mission to find the fosterers guilty. They basically TOLD the public they were guilty before there was any evidence whatsoever. Then they'd find an old piece of red cloth, most likely a remnant of a feedbag from the stables, and they'd do a close up for the journalists and news reporters, framing it as potentially the red blouse worn by FM or part of William's superman suit. Which it wasn't.

They made a huge project of building a case against them and came up short, IMO.

Gary Jubelin concerned by current state of William Tyrrell investigation​

The former lead investigator into the William Tyrrell disappearance has questioned the motives behind the police decision to ask the DPP to pause their review into potential evidence against the foster mother.

Paywalled

GJ : “You have the coroner on one hand saying she can’t conclude the inquest until the report to the DPP is done. Then you have the police saying they don’t want it concluded until after the inquest. Yes, I am confused, like I believe other members of the public are.”

She said while the assault charges occurred in the context of disciplining a child, it was “never justifiable”.

The foster mother was sentenced to a 12-month community corrections order, while the foster father was handed a 12-month good behaviour bond.

Asked if she agreed to the terms of the order, the foster mother told the court: “Yes”.

From your link iiii's:
"She said while the assault charges occurred in the context of disciplining a child, it was “never justifiable”.

The foster mother was sentenced to a 12-month community corrections order, while the foster father was handed a 12-month good behaviour bond.

Asked if she agreed to the terms of the order, the foster mother told the court: “Yes”."

MOO - I wonder where this community corrections order sentence service by the Foster Mother is happening, and if it is serving its purpose.

10 News in Qld have reported on the news tonight that the Foster Parents are set to challenge the previous charges in court, as early as next week ???

I can’t find a link to this information as yet … except that it was on the evening news … and confirmed by a family member …..

Does anyone else know anymore about this ???

IMO

West Australian Podcast: The William Tyrrell mystery with John Hammond​

"A three-year-old boy dressed in a Spider-Man suit goes missing while playing at his foster grandmother's house in rural NSW in 2014.

His name is William Tyrrell and he is never seen again.

Today, barrister John Hammond joins host Tim Clarke to step through the serpentine search for William Tyrrell, the disturbing developments, the shocking police tactics, and the ongoing legal process.

They discuss the ramifications of when a legal process turns into soap opera -- and what that can mean for the guilty and innocent alike."

10 News in Qld have reported on the news tonight that the Foster Parents are set to challenge the previous charges in court, as early as next week ???

I can’t find a link to this information as yet … except that it was on the evening news … and confirmed by a family member …..

Does anyone else know anymore about this ???

IMO
Thankyou SLouTh; I missed that 10 News report and haven't been able to find a link about the said challenge to the previous charges. We will most likely know more about it next week!

The following is a link to the Magistrate's sentencing and her comments about the offences:
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...e/news-story/03089ec7f12cbe630fd127742ed0ed91 BBM:

“Ms McIntyre also noted that the foster mother had not come into contact with the justice system before she was charged, describing her as an “admired foster parent”.

William Tyrrell’s foster mother and father were on Wednesday sentenced for intimidating a child.

She said while the assault charges occurred in the context of disciplining a child, it was “never justifiable”.

Asked if she agreed to the terms of the order, the foster mother told the court: “Yes”.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria
Back