Australia Australia - Zac Barnes, 18, Hunter Valley NSW, 13 Nov 2016

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Hills88, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Hills88

Hills88 Active Member

Long time luker of WS. But it is the first time creating a thread, so I hope I did it okay. I have been following Zac's case for awhile now and when I searched on WS, I couldn't find him. My heart breaks for his family especially his mother.

Tuesday marks the second birthday since Zac’s November 2016 disappearance when, according to friends, he suddenly jumped from a mate’s car and ran into bushland at Thornton.

In what is one of the hardest days of the year for the family, Zac’s mother Karen Gudelj is committed to using the occasion for a positive cause.

Helping cause behind Zac’s birthday celebration

2. Hills88

Hills88 Active Member

3. Hills88

Hills88 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Missing since:
    Sunday, November 13, 2016
    Thornton NSW
    Responsible jurisdiction:
    NSW
    Age now:
    Year of birth:
    Height:
    180cm
    Build:
    Medium
    Hair:
    Brown
    Eyes:
    Brown
    Complexion:
    Fair
    Distinguishing Features:
    Tattoo of 'VB' Beer logo on right calf
    Circumstances
    Zac Barnes who was last seen at about 8.00pm on Sunday 13 November 2016 at Thornton NSW. Zac was last seen wea
    Zac BARNES

Attached Files:

4. georgy girl

georgy girl Member

Bumping for Zac and his family. Where is he? Something is obviously not right here. I wish some of the super sleuths here on Websleuths would put their brains to work for Zac. Said with the greatest of respect.

5. Hills88

Hills88 Active Member

6. Hills88

Hills88 Active Member

7. Rguycali

Rguycali Well-Known Member

The "friends" say he got out of the car and ran to a bush. I'm guessing to pee. It seems things from the family are missing, like did he say he was going to walk the rest of the way, was that in fact what he got out to do? Was the exact location remembered correctly by the friends. Before even looking at a map of the area I got an image of sinking in my head, like a sink hole or maybe quicksand like scenario. Looking at this area on maps it looks very swampy and even a possible old quarry nearby.

8. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

Family teenager vanished two years seeking coronial inquest mystery surrounding disappearance | Daily Mail Online

Zac hasn't used his bank accounts, social media, Medicare card or phone since the day he went missing.

Shortly after Zac's disappearance, new allegations arose suggesting he owed people money or may have made some 'foolish mistakes'.

But his mother quickly dispelled any possible theories that may have risen out of that allegation, saying 'the person he owed money to is nobody sinister.'

'In fact, that person has been very helpful with police investigations.'

'All I want is the truth,' she said.

'If he has met harm, accident or no accident, I don't care who or what happened I just want to be able to put our boy to rest and give him the farewell he deserves.'

9. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

This case was considered in this event, hope there will be some new clues!

Adelaide cyber sleuths win missing persons 'hackathon'

Bohemian, Beagle and TootsieFootsie like this.
  10. Detective Willy

Detective Willy Well-Known Member

I listened to the Podcast this week. I don’t think Zac is with us any more and the last 2-3 people he was with know what happened to him. Motive appears to be money owing for a drug debt.

Bohemian likes this.