Austria - Sister Eileen Christie, 72, Hallstatt, UA, 6 July 2016 - American Nun

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Jul 14, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Beloved Long Island Nun Missing For More Than A Week While Vacationing In Austria
    [​IMG]
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/14/missing-long-island-nun/

2. Loading...

3. mrsobrien

mrsobrien New Member

Very concerning.

4. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

5. radiator

radiator New Member

6. radiator

radiator New Member

7. Satchie

Satchie New Member

8. Dockins

Dockins New Member

We went to Hallstatt last year en route to Salzberg. I wonder if maybe she went hiking and got lost, or had an injury. I don't ever remember feeling uneasy or worrying much about safety when I was there, compared to other places in Europe. I would imagine some kind of accident. Prayers that she is found soon.

9. radiator

radiator New Member

Still no news that I can find but a lot of people are praying for Sister Eileen.

10. radiator

radiator New Member

11. radiator

radiator New Member

http://www.catholiccourier.com/news...her-to-pray-for-local-nun-missing-in-austria/

A police spokeswoman said dogs picked up her scent near the lake. Upon inspecting Sister Eileen's room earlier in the investigation, they determined that her bathing suit was missing, though her other possessions remained undisturbed. There was no indication that an intruder had entered the room or harmed the nun, police said.

Divers with Austria's special forces unit, EKO Cobra, began searching the lake July 19. Submersible robotic cameras were to be used for areas that the divers cannot reach, Upper Austria police spokeswoman Simone Mayr-Kirchberger told CNS July 21.

12. radiator

radiator New Member

prayers continue: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/asta...ed-for-sr.-eileen-christie-missing-in-austria

And her nephew is somewhat frustrated with "the Austrian authorities, the FBI and the State Department, which is responsible for American embassies in foreign countries, for what he understands to be a weak response to his aunt's disappearance."

But a bishop that Sister Eileen worked with "has personally coordinated with Interpol and Archbishop Christoph Schönborn, op, the Archbishop of Vienna to help coordinate all possible resources to find Sr. Eileen."

13. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

14. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Active Member

The lakes in the Salzkammergut are very popular for swimming. I went on a school trip to the area in the early 1970s and we were taken swimming in Mondsee twice in a week. There was a large raft moored about 50 yards off shore which you swam to and used as a sort of diving and sunbathing platform.

Given that Sister Christie was there in early July there should have been plenty of people around and on the lake so if she did drown it's possible she went at a quiet time of day when there were fewer people about.

We were there in late July and I remember swimming about half way across Wolfgangsee and then thinking that was a daft thing to do and turning back.

15. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators