AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all happened early Saturday morning, but police were not notified until Sunday, when the family got worried since she didn't call her father on Father's day. (nothing unusual there, as she was not living with either parent.) I wonder if her boyfriend and/or roommates were at all concerned on Saturday. Was the boyfriend worried when she never showed up after sending that text at 4:43 am?

Another thought I have not seen mentioned. She might have been injured in that car accident, maybe hit her head, but since she was drinking, did not realize she was injured. She could have gotten out of the car, thinking she was fine, and started walking, but later passed out/collapsed from the injury. I know they are searching the lake. Is there also a ground search going on covering every road in the area between where her car was found and her boyfriend's home?

Excellent points, Claire. I was having the same thoughts.

yep, boyfriend first, then the lake.

And someone asked about a bunch of dead bodies being dumped here in Phoenix over the last some years, but that is not sounding right to me. We had two guys killing people at bustops who were finally caught, and the Baseline Killer - that might be who you are thinking of. He is behind bars.

Again, boyfriend, then lake. I assume the cops have talked at length to the former and we have just not been privvy to that dialogue.

Police said Salinas used her cell phone to call a cab after she had gotten two flat tires near 5th Street and Brown.

Salinas asked for a driver to meet her at the A.M./P.M. gas station at the intersection of Hardy and University. Investigators told CBS 5 she never made it there.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22627002/missing-tempe-teen-called-cab-before-she-disappeared?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm going to have to look at a map to better understand the various locations.

Pooley said Adrienne had argued with her boyfriend during a party in Tempe the night of her disappearance. The boyfriend drove her to his apartment in Scottsdale, where they continued to argue. He then drove Adrienne home, but the argument became so intense that she got out of his car and walked home.

Adrienne was last seen by her roommates at 3 a.m, Pooley said. She packed a large purse with a change of clothes and told them she was driving to the boyfriend’s home.

Police received a 911 call at 3:44 a.m. that Adrienne&#8217;s car had hit a median at Ash and Rio Salado Parkway, he said. <modsnip>

The car took off before the other driver could help, Pooley said. Police determined Adrienne made 11 calls to the boyfriend&#8217;s telephone between 4:10 and 4:17 a.m, but he didn&#8217;t answer. Finally, she sent him a text message at 4:43 a.m. saying, &#8220;I&#8217;m coming over.&#8217;&#8217;

<modsnip>

He said police do not consider the boyfriend a suspect.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...sing-tempe-student-search-continues-abrk.html

It's believed she was headed to her boyfriend's house. Police said Salinas used her cell phone to call a cab after she had gotten two flat tires near 5th Street and Brown.

Salinas asked for a driver to meet her at the A.M./P.M. gas station at the intersection of Hardy and University. Investigators told CBS 5 she never made it there.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22627002/...red?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Wonder if her boyfriend found her and picked her up before the cab arrived?

The fighting that was going on between them is worrisome. Family is not mentioning him in any of the media reports?

Cameras? This is a major college town with cameras everywhere!!! She crashed her car at a VERY prominent intersection leading into Sun Devil stadium. I promise you this can be solved with video.

Cameras? This is a major college town with cameras everywhere!!! She crashed her car at a VERY prominent intersection leading into Sun Devil stadium. I promise you this can be solved with video.

Good to know about the cameras being everywhere! Yes - surveillance cameras are the way to go - better today than DNA since most perps are onto DNA... but LE has to go out and get all the video they can - let's hope they do.
When you mention it being a college town, sadly I think of the Lauren Spierer case where despite it being a major University town with cameras - nothing turned up after two years now...

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office searched Tempe Town Lake on Monday night, but did not find a 19-year-old woman who has been missing since Saturday morning, Tempe police said.

While police have no evidence that Adrienne Salinas has met with foul play, they still consider her sudden disappearance "very suspicious,'' said Sgt. Mike Pooley, a police spokesman.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...sing-tempe-student-search-continues-abrk.html

Pooley said Adrienne had argued with her boyfriend during a party in Tempe the night of her disappearance. The boyfriend drove her to his apartment in Scottsdale, where they continued to argue. He then drove Adrienne home, but the argument became so intense that she got out of his car and walked home.

Adrienne was last seen by her roommates at 3 a.m, Pooley said. She packed a large purse with a change of clothes and told them she was driving to the boyfriend’s home.

snipped

I'm a little bit puzzled that she would pack a bag with clothes planning to go back to the bf's appartment after the intense argument they had earlier.

So the report is that at 5am she was waiting at this convenience store, waiting for a cab. And we can see that more has come out now about events leading up to this. I am not suspecting BF - she was at a party the night/morning prior, and probably still drunk, vulnerable, in what can be an odd location with a mix of students, young people, and yes, some transient types... Tempe is just that way. but then again... a transient type person would not necessarily have a vehicle to coax her into or a location to take her to... hmmm...

I'm a little bit puzzled that she would pack a bag with clothes planning to go back to the bf's appartment after the intense argument they had earlier.

respectfully, really? I'm not, lol... lots of young women make poor choices. And clouded by emotion and fueled by alcohol, she is ready to fix that relationship.

Seriously, I can see it happening just like that.

I wonder if she hit her head when she hit the median.

Time to check RSOs in the area of that store.

If she hit her head, is it possible she has a severe concussion and is just wondering around somewhere in a daze? Maybe she's in a hospital right now?

So the report is that at 5am she was waiting at this convenience store, waiting for a cab. And we can see that more has come out now about events leading up to this. I am not suspecting BF - she was at a party the night/morning prior, and probably still drunk, vulnerable, in what can be an odd location with a mix of students, young people, and yes, some transient types... Tempe is just that way. but then again... a transient type person would not necessarily have a vehicle to coax her into or a location to take her to... hmmm...

Or another cab pulled up and she thought it was the one she called. LE might be able to get a lead by checking with cab companies.

With the info about the accident, I am thinking she may be fine but scared and hiding out due to potential repercussions that she believes would be imminent - legal or otherwise. I think if she was hurt or disoriented due to the accident, that rational acts like calling a cab or texting her boyfriend a couple of hours later would not have occurred. Of course, there is always the possibility of a hematoma from a concussion kicking in later (see: Natasha Richardson), or that someone with ill intent scooped her up, but I'm not leaning this way as yet. More evidence needs to surface first.

Or another cab pulled up and she thought it was the one she called. LE might be able to get a lead by checking with cab companies.

Brilliant. Great thinking. Have the AM/PM surveillance cameras been checked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa