GUILTY AZ - Alisa Beck, 21, & Karen Campbell, 44, murdered, Mesa, 2004 & 2007

He owns the Water and Ice store at Lindsey and University Drive in Mesa.

The public can "relax to some extent. We feel very comfortable that we have the suspect," Gascon said.

Police worked into the early morning hours Thursday at the man's apartment searching for additional evidence. Until his arrest, Benson lived there where he was raising his 7-year-old son as a single parent. (more at link above)

Soooo, where's the son's mom? Is this some type of anger from that relationship being taken out on strangers? Or is she dead or missing too?

That poor little boy. I hope there's extended family somewhere to help him through this.

New business w/family?
http://www.verican.us/cod6/adlistin...press&view=true&category=os0001&aid=105253550
ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION HAVE BEEN FILED IN THE OFFICE OF THE ARIZONA CORPORATION COMMISSION FOR I Name: BWI AND ICE CREAM L.L.C. II The address of the registered office is: 454 N. Lindsay Rd., Suite A-9, Mesa, AZ 85213 The name and address of the Statutory Agent is: Trent Benson, 222 W. Brown Rd., #33, Mesa, AZ 85201 III B. Management of the limited liability company is reserved to the members. The names and addresses of each person who is a member are: David Benson, 42404 - 370th Ave. SE, Fosston, MN 56542; Elizabeth Benson, 42404 - 370th Ave. SE, Fosston, MN 56542; Trent Benson, 222 W. Brown Rd., #33, Mesa, AZ 85201 April 16, 17, 18, 2008/15869763

This matches some relative info above being from MN:
(Myspace info)
Fosston Sec.
Fosston, MN
Graduated: 1990

Elizabeth Benson and David Benson are both from Fosston, MN.

Sooo, any unsolved crimes in Fosston?

Fosston, MN is in Polk County, just for future reference.

Co-workers called suspect quiet, mysterious:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2008/05/15/20080515mr-benson.html
“This is unbelievable. It would be the last person that I would have expected. He seemed happy in his everyday life,'' Fraccola said. “He seemed to be focused on his little boy and his job.''
Bill Fralick, a former co-worker at the dealership, said, "there is no way, shape or form I would have thought him capable of harming anyone. If I had kids, I would have let them be around him.''
But Fralick said Benson, who worked there in 2006, also told him that he enjoyed stripper bars.
Benson attended Minnesota State University Moorhead from 1990-92, where he majored in psychology, and attended Normandale Community College in Bloomington, Minn., from 1994-95. He did not graduate from either.

So they (Bensons) had just taken over the store:
Fralick said Benson stopped by the car dealership about a week ago to tell everyone he was going into business with his brother, Andrew, by opening a Water-N-Ice store.
Benson, a Mesa resident, is listed as a business partner for an ice cream, shaved ice and water store in a strip mall near Lindsay and University roads in Mesa, records show.
Timmy Tiang, who owns a nearby nail salon, said the store owners had only been operating for a month or two. The store changed ownership in late March, records show.

You guys have been busy! Scary how normal Trent looks isn't it?

More on his criminal past:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2008/05/15/20080515mr-benson.html

He pleaded guilty in 2001 in Mesa Municipal Court to public sexual indecency and loitering, charges that prosecutors say are consistent in prostitution cases. He was sentenced to 10 days in jail, paid a $555 fine and was placed on probation for three years.
In May 1997, Phoenix police arrested and booked Benson into jail on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute.

So who was Trent partnering with?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=4863147&page=2

Mesa police said Wednesday that they believe Benson may have been involved in other attacks and may not have always acted alone.
A third, unsolved recent murder with similarities to the Beck and Campbell cases has not been connected to the suspect by DNA. Elisa Lea Dewakuku was found dead in an irrigation canal Nov. 1. Dewakuku had been strangled and had drugs in her system, according to police.

1985-90 Fosston Sec (Secondary?), MN
1990-92 Attended Minn St Univ-Moorhead
1994-95 Attended Normandale CC, Bloomington MN
1997 Arrested in Phoenix
2001 Arrested in Mesa

2001 (son born?) Who is and where is the mom? Why does he have custody with these arrests on his record?

You guys have been busy! Scary how normal Trent looks isn't it?

He does look very normal, it is scary. :eek: I would never have pegged this guy as a rapist and murderer.

I have a (gut) feeling his mother was a stripper or prostitute and his father was absent.

I wonder where the 7 yr old's mom is? :confused:

Great! Glad that they caught the !!!

Goes to show you that it really CAN be the "nice" guy next door.

Thank God they caught this !!
Did any notice that a lot of young women are missing from the southwest area; Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico? Maybe are of Hispanic descent, there are so many missing on the Charleyproject..

Meo,
I have a feeling this serial rapist, serial murderer's list is going to get a whole lot longer. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back