Identified! AZ - Avondale, BlkMale 15-20, UP101055, fatally shot by police, Left Earlobe Piercing, Multi-color Crocs, Feb'23 - Amarion Deontis Hope

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What threat does a shoplifting suspect pose to a police officer when they are running away from them? I saw evidence of resisting arrest but no evidence of an attack on the police officer. I think this kid would have shown up again in town because he was probably homeless and hungry. Why not deal with him then? What a waste of a life.

What threat does a shoplifting suspect pose to a police officer when they are running away from them? I saw evidence of resisting arrest but no evidence of an attack on the police officer. I think this kid would have shown up again in town because he was probably homeless and hungry. Why not deal with him then? What a waste of a life.
I agree. He was only 17. The police went too far IMO.

I'm very sad this happened. I saw 5 full body "pops", with the intention to kill him at the spot. How on earth! Why didn't the officer shoot him in a leg, f.i. Curious what his "story" was. Sadly I seem to be able to watch the body cam footage, but can't handle a lot of the comments on social media.

I'm very sad this happened. I saw 5 full body "pops", with the intention to kill him at the spot. How on earth! Why didn't the officer shoot him in a leg, f.i. Curious what his "story" was. Sadly I seem to be able to watch the body cam footage, but can't handle a lot of the comments on social media.
And while he was running away too. FFS. >:(

unfortunately they are trained to shoot center mass, not the leg. it doesnt look like the shooting was justified either way and i hope it is investigated.

unfortunately they are trained to shoot center mass, not the leg. it doesnt look like the shooting was justified either way and i hope it is investigated.
I agree. The confrontation should’ve never happened. This poor boy basically got a death sentence for shoplifting and resisting arrest, neither of which deserve a death sentence.

The cop shot the boy while he was running away, while he was no longer a threat.

I don't understand why they blurred out his face and shoes. Couldn't that help to ID him? Even if it's not super clear footage, I don't understand the point of blurring it out...
just catching up, in phoenix and surrounding areas, every video they share of a police shooting the victim face is blurred, dead or alive....

Sketch
View attachment 407692
"The decedent was pronounced deceased near North 10th street and E. Riley Drive in Avondale, AZ"

Race - Black
Sex - Male
Age Range - 15-20
Location - Avondale, Arizona
DBF - February 21, 2023
Condition - Recognizable

Height - 5' 6"(66 inches) Measured
Weight- 135 lbs Measured

Hair Color - Black
Head Hair Description - "hair styled in twists, 5 inches long"
Eye Color - Brown

Distinctive Physical Features
- No Surgical Scars or Tattoos
- Front Teeth Gap
- Left Earlobe Pierced

Clothing (images only)
View attachment 407696View attachment 407698View attachment 407699
How on earth did I not see this case? I suppose it doesn't get the attention it deserves for some reason.

Everyday I advocate for people whose names I know but lives I don't (or even do in some cases), and for people whose bones and bodies have no name.

I don't know your name, not today. And I don't know your life. But I know something about your death. I made myself watch from 12:32:19 to 12:33:27 because as the Peoria PD said in their critical incident briefing, transparency.

Had the Avondale PD identified you at the beginning of your death, back on February 21 at 12:32:19, or in the subsequent days and prior to media releases, I probably would not be making this post because I probably would have not known anything. As it was, they didn't, and the Peoria PD has oversighted the investigation along with Maricopa County with investigations pending.

I just want you to know I'm sorry. If I knew who the officer was I would tell him too, but his name is also being withheld, but it's not because he is a juvenile.

I want you to know you are important. And so is he.

I want you to know that I felt some of your fear and watched you try to escape. I saw those bullets knock you to the ground as you were running away. I heard the officer shout to you "Get off the "bleep" ground!" He was scared too. Making no sense. Fumbling with his gun, radio. I'm certain he has struggled with this. He should.

I want you to know this does not end here for me. I don't know your name, but I won't forget you. I have already cried for you and probably will again. I will share what I know and advocate for you and others as I can, as long as I can.

Peace.

Everyday I advocate for people whose names I know but lives I don't (or even do in some cases), and for people whose bones and bodies have no name.

I don't know your name, not today. And I don't know your life. But I know something about your death. I made myself watch from 12:32:19 to 12:33:27 because as the Peoria PD said in their critical incident briefing, transparency.

Had the Avondale PD identified you at the beginning of your death, back on February 21 at 12:32:19, or in the subsequent days and prior to media releases, I probably would not be making this post because I probably would have not known anything. As it was, they didn't, and the Peoria PD has oversighted the investigation along with Maricopa County with investigations pending.

I just want you to know I'm sorry. If I knew who the officer was I would tell him too, but his name is also being withheld, but it's not because he is a juvenile.

I want you to know you are important. And so is he.

I want you to know that I felt some of your fear and watched you try to escape. I saw those bullets knock you to the ground as you were running away. I heard the officer shout to you "Get off the "bleep" ground!" He was scared too. Making no sense. Fumbling with his gun, radio. I'm certain he has struggled with this. He should.

I want you to know this does not end here for me. I don't know your name, but I won't forget you. I have already cried for you and probably will again. I will share what I know and advocate for you and others as I can, as long as I can.

Peace.
I’m sure this young man read your message with a smile on his face, looking down at you from above.

the only mention of identified I could find and the officer was on administrative leave (as per standard) however no idea if any further investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back