AZ AZ - Coconino Co, 1 mile N of I-40, WhtMale 20-30, UP9742, lg amt of dental work, Apr'75

phantomstrider

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
3521UMAZ

Date of Discovery April 19 1975​

Location of Discovery Coconino County Arizona​

Estimated Date of Death 2 months prior​

State of Remains Near recognizable-Near complete or complete skeleton​

Cause of Death Unknown​

Estimated Age 20-30 years old​

Race White​

Sex Male​

Height 6"0​

Weight 180 lbs​

Hair Color Brown​

Eye Color Unknown​

Distinguishing Marks/Features Unknown​

Clothing Traces of a Munsignwear polo type shirt and light colored boxer shorts​

Jewelry Unknown​

Additional Person Items Unknown​

Circumstances of Recovery The decedents badly decomposed remains were found by a rancher looking for a stray pig. The body was found about a mile north of I 40 approximately 38 miles east of Flagstaff and 10 miles west of Winslow. The victim appeared to have had a large amount of dental work done.​

I only ever could see Richard Ramirez in the reconstruction, because of the cheekbones. Obviously our guy isn’t RR!

I hope we’ll find out his identity one day, but regardless, I’m glad his family now knows what became of their missing loved one.

Identified as Gerald Francis Long from Minnesota. Told family he was heading to the west coast. That was the last time they heard from him.

May. 8, 2024

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Human remains found nearly 50 years ago in the Flagstaff area have been identified as a Vietnam veteran originally from Minnesota, authorities said Wednesday.

Coconino County Sheriff’s officials said the remains were those of Gerald Francis Long but the cause of death cannot be determined.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes
Back