Identified! AZ - Coconino Co, 'Valentine Sally' WhtFem 585UFAZ, 14-19, along I-40, Feb'82 -Carolyn Celeste Eaton

I thought about that, but would she still be having issues nearly two months later? Since Carolyn was last seen in December.

Absolutely she would be. Probably severe issues as compared to my mother who was in a lot of pain and on painkillers for a mere month between her Pt1 and Pt2 of her root canal. Carolyn never had her Pt2 done; it was an unfinished root canal (unfinished because she ran away before her Pt2??). If her temporary cover wore/fell off, she would have a tooth with a large hole drilled into the top of it wide open to accumulate foodstuffs, bacteria etc. IMO, it did come off as they are meant to be only temporary (a month back then) and then permanently finished off with a cap or crown during second visit. I just can't imagine how much that must have been hurting her.

I haven't seen one yet either. Maybe they will release one in the future.
Maybe i'll get a reply from the sheriff''s office, they told me last night that they sent a photo of her to media outlets.

I asked again as to whether they received it due to the news sources reporting on her identification, using the renderings and portraits that were used in an effort to help ID her.

Hopefully there is an answer in a few hours!

What’s strange to me is that the name of the lab that made the identification has not been publicized. Maybe that’s the reason why there no picture of Carolyn yet. Perhaps there is a TV show in the works that would reveal an image of her and Arroyo Grande when she is identified...just a conspiracy-type thought...

What’s strange to me is that the name of the lab that made the identification has not been publicized. Maybe that’s the reason why there no picture of Carolyn yet. Perhaps there is a TV show in the works that would reveal an image of her and Arroyo Grande when she is identified...just a conspiracy-type thought...
There is a private Facebook group that mentions the people/teams that worked to solve this case. I’m sure I can’t quote this particular page, but here’s the link to join.

Facebook Groups

It's possible, i think that she got her treatment in December.

Maybe she took her antibiotics with her, and if the witness account is true, she possibly kept them in her friends's residence, or maybe she ran out of those.
Not likely if she's using asprin to plug the gap, obviously thought she would make it to the next place of pain relief, which was where exactly, from point of discovery of her body?

, she was so beautiful, are here any re
One of these photos is of Pamela Buckley. ;)

ETA: And I believe another, unrelated Jane Doe. The one with the dark, un manicured eyebrows. I can’t think of which one she is at the moment.
Oh that is so hard , are there any recordings of her voice out there? I rem being abducted in the very early 80's, my self and a few other girls, sadly the Church and the poor boys reputations ruled the day, yes we survived because they were sad sacks of s***. But we have Valentine Jane doe from Florida can
For one of the last persons to see Eaton alive all those years ago, Patty Wilkins can now have some peace.

“Well, I’m going to cry. It’s like one of my girls,” said Wilkins. “It’s only been me and her. Now she’s got a family. Isn’t that great? It doesn’t get any better.”

Wilkins believes she saw Eaton alive at her family's truck stop on or around February 2 in 1982. Eaton's body was found just a mile up the road on February 14. Detectives believe she was dead for about two weeks before she was found.

“We’ve got a name and I’m no longer in charge of her,” said Wilkins. “I love you and I’m glad you’re going home.”

“We didn’t want to give you false hope that we were going to make a positive ID,” said Coconino County Sheriff Jim Driscoll, on why his office wouldn’t do an interview with us or give us details several weeks ago when we were working on our investigation. “She had run away in December and she was a troubled kid. She had some issues.”
'Valentine Sally' in Arizona has been identified after 40 years

Maybe she took her antibiotics with her, and if the witness account is true, she possibly kept them in her friends's residence, or maybe she ran out of those.

Maybe she was already in pain on the day she met the trucker that took her to the Monte Carlo truck stop.
Not likely if she's using asprin to plug the gap, obviously thought she would make it to the next place of pain relief, which was where exactly, from point of discovery of her body?

Absolutely she would be. Probably severe issues as compared to my mother who was in a lot of pain and on painkillers for a mere month between her Pt1 and Pt2 of her root canal. Carolyn never had her Pt2 done; it was an unfinished root canal (unfinished because she ran away before her Pt2??). If her temporary cover wore/fell off, she would have a tooth with a large hole drilled into the top of it wide open to accumulate foodstuffs, bacteria etc. IMO, it did come off as they are meant to be only temporary (a month back then) and then permanently finished off with a cap or crown during second visit. I just can't imagine how much that must have been hurting her.
Yes, I keep trying to make this point, she may have had severe pain, of a neurological type, and it only matters if her treatment was ongoing, other than that, how do you connect her to her killer? Dna non specific, other than to eliminate family?

Yes, I keep trying to make this point, she may have had severe pain, of a neurological type, and it only matters if her treatment was ongoing, other than that, how do you connect her to her killer? Dna non specific, other than to eliminate family?

Maybe LE is going to extract DNA from her clothing, perhaps from her jeans as they theorize that she was dragged by her belt loops.

Carolyn was also barefoot, i don't know if Patty saw her with any footwear when she saw her or if the person responsible for her death, kept it.

It's also possible that her ID was taken, however, we don't know if she took it when she ran away.

From this clipping, Carolyn apparently told the student who picked her up (on 02/02) that she had just begun root canal work.

Maybe she had it drilled on early January 1982 or by late December 1981.

Attachments

• VS Clipping..png
    VS Clipping..png
    482.2 KB · Views: 41
Carolyn's story stuck with me for a couple of reasons. In the drawings she looks so normal (I don't mean anything negative by that)..she just looks like someone I would have hung out with. Second the toothache, I've had my fair share and they suck!

I was happy she was identified..she deserved so much better than what she got.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back