AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the black box have told the time between the initial crash and the final rollover crash? I'm wondering if the initial accident happened at 1pm, and the reason LE didn't find the car during their initial search was because the car wasn't in the ravine at that time.
Time is never recorded on the black box. So that is possible. IMO LE didn't find it until a rancher stumbled upon it is because it was in a 20 ft. ravine 1/3 mile across raw desert. With only 11 miles recorded after airbag deployment that would certainly limit the area in which it was retained/hidden.

Just saw this case profiled on Banfield. It is a real mystery from what I heard so far. What a good father, to go there cross country and stay to try to find his son. Looking forward to catching up when I have the time.

Daniel Robinson: Why his father is 'on a mission' in Arizona

Latest Article; Sept 29
(
New Information)

The terrain around Buckeye where Daniel Robinson’s vehicle was found is remote and treacherous.

And whether Daniel Robinson was even in the vehicle when it crashed is now being questioned.

The Robinson family hired Jeff McGrath, of 3Laws Recon Investigations, to look into the case.

“I don’t think Danny was in that vehicle,” the investigator said.

McGrath pointed out that “the vehicle had 11 additional miles on it from when the airbags deployed. It had 46 additional ignition cycles on it after the airbags deployed.”

McGrath also noted red paint had transferred onto the right side of the jeep.

“There’s no red paint in this area,” he said as he gestured to the vast desert. “That’s why I’m saying the vehicle did not crash here. The vehicle, its last place of rest was here, but something was going on with that vehicle.”

McGrath told “NewsNation Prime” on Wednesday that police turned all the evidence they collected over to him since they did not have enough to prove a crime happened.
11 miles from where the vehicle was found is a huge area. You'd think if something hit that vehicle hard enough to smash the windshield at 1pm in the afternoon, then someone would have seen something if it happened within a residential area within that 11 mile radius.

In previous reporting Mr. Robinson said, I waited 12 hours to file. I asked for a helicopter search on the 24th. It did not occur until the 25th. (see podcast of AZ FAMILY True Crime)
In ABC Nightline piece
Father takes search into his own hands, says police haven't done enough for his missing Black son
Buckeye sent to officers to drive the roads on the 24th to no avail.
As the reporting gets broader, so do the brush strokes.

Driving roads to me does not seem like it would be a good search. In the photos, I do not see any roads. It looks like miles of sand, gravel, rocks and some vegetation.[/QUOTE]
There are rancher "tracks" for high lift and 4 wheel drive. Can't actually drive to far off a track... although I got my 2 wheel drive stuck in a too steep section of one of the tracks and had to reverse/ low gear down wash across raw desert plowing over creosotes and cactus. Finally found a lower grade hill and climbed back onto road. A flat tire later and a visit to Discount tires and all was good!!!!

I feel compelled to chime in about the mental health aspect that seems to be generally accepted as true. And it may be. However, I think we might be quick to come to such conclusion.

Why? When I have been working a lot, sleep deprived, and enduring a lot of stress, I tend to not function well. I might go to the refrigerator, open door, stand there for awhile, and then not know what I was doing. Or, I might not listen well to someone talking to me and wander off during the discussion. Or, worse yet chime in with something nonsensical. A couple of goods night sleep and finishing my project (or whatever) and I am back to (my) normal.

Daniel was apparently working two jobs. There seems to have been a lot going on with him. Maybe he witnessed something and was fearful. Maybe sleep deprived (it is a form of torture). Maybe work stressors were weighing in on him.

I am leaning more and more to other(s) being involved with him having gone missing. If that is the case, it reminds me of the saying "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you".

I think there needs to be a lot of investigating on his actions and relationships on the run-up to this "odd behavior" we are hearing of.

Dad of Missing Black Geologist Slams ‘Nonchalant’ Cops’ Handling of His Son’s Case
“As long as they can keep it as a missing person, [the police] don’t have to actually go look because he’s an adult,” David explained. “They don’t have to spend a lot of resources because he’s an adult. If they turn it into a possible criminal case for instance, then they have to actually do some work. I can’t get them to change that narrative despite all of the evidence my investigator gave them.”

Father takes search into his own hands, says police haven't done enough for his missing Black son
McGrath said he reached out to the Buckeye Police Department to share his findings, but said he's been met with difficulty.

"I have relayed all my information to them. I don't think they want to hear what I have to say," said McGrath.

Daniel Robinson: Why his father is 'on a mission' in Arizona
McGrath told “NewsNation Prime” on Wednesday that police turned all the evidence they collected over to him since they did not have enough to prove a crime happened.

“I’ve never seen [police do that] in my career in law enforcement or as a private investigator,” McGrath said.

I called it out about Buckeye PD in my fourth and tenth post... believe me or not i have an extensive family in phoenix, buckeye and tonopah we know how bad Buckeye PD has been and could be. I would go as far as saying they where/are racist but its been a while since i had to deal with them. NO it is not my opinion about them its a fact. Many of the kids that lived there back when my cousins started going to Buckeye High, joined that police department right after graduation, yes that easy and others joined MCSO....the only hispanics and just 2 black american at that high school lets just say we knew them pretty well. Things could of changed but the way they have handled this its a clear reminder. To think that buckeye is getting bigger...Tartesso being one of its newest development. -Sigh-

I do not hate law enforcement, I hate the lack of justice and accountability.

Bryan Watts hosts a mystery and adventure show on Youtube that recently featured Daniel Robinson’s disappearance

“Just seeing the way the car was, the Jeep was, and the evidence, to me, it actually does support foul play,” Watts said. “I then got lots of comments from people in and around that area that said, yeah there’s crime, carjackings that happen all the time. It’s bad; something they’re aware of.”

"...carjackings that happen all the time. It's bad"
Breaking News to me...incompetent youtube comments.

back to whats important Finding Daniel Robinson

couple of images from those publishing's

Attachments

• insidedajeep.png
    insidedajeep.png
    660.3 KB · Views: 61
  • paintransfer.png
    paintransfer.png
    650.7 KB · Views: 53
  • windshield2.png
    windshield2.png
    767.2 KB · Views: 42
Driving roads to me does not seem like it would be a good search. In the photos, I do not see any roads. It looks like miles of sand, gravel, rocks and some vegetation. There are rancher "tracks" for high lift and 4 wheel drive. Can't actually drive to far off a track... although I got my 2 wheel drive stuck in a too steep section of one of the tracks and had to reverse/ low gear down wash across raw desert plowing over creosotes and cactus. Finally found a lower grade hill and climbed back onto road. A flat tire later and a visit to Discount tires and all was good!!!!
I can only imagine the type of search they did LOL

I am going to agree with @o 0 in that there are just too many oddball bits of evidence for LE to have concluded that no foul play was involved. I'm on the fence about who was driving as Daniel was not found near the well site or the scene where the Jeep was abandoned. The red paint transfer, the marks on the A pillar and the smashed in windshield all point to one or more other actors being involved.

The driver side is not as damaged as I thought from the pictures at the ravine. I do not see any paint transfer. It my eyes are tired from working on a computer all day!
Same - looks like the ‘gouges/scrapes’ that appeared to run along the whole of the driver’s side on the location photos were just a reflection of lines of cloud - though the driver’s side wing has been pushed in to some extent. OTOH there looks to be another windshield impact passenger side and roof indentation above it - not sure how that fit with a roll onto its side in the position the Jeep discovered.

A616E58D-F16B-40E2-872A-F2859FFA1607.jpeg A0306EA6-6A5B-4F49-AB24-EA23110B4E24.jpeg

Looks to me like red and yellow paint transfer. Do we know where on the car this is?
As best I can tell from matching up scratches and the plastic trim attaching clips, it is on the passenger side wing, just ahead of the front wheel. Slightly confusing, as the mark doesn’t show on the comparison photo, but it seems to be very small.

1500F5F8-C92A-4722-837D-47772AF33A28.jpeg C3B528AD-2B39-4762-B4D9-484D865A0FD7.jpeg CEE7F611-9FD1-4791-9F1E-743B9D9303EC.jpeg

Last edited:
As best I can tell from matching up scratches and the plastic trim attaching clips, it is on the passenger side wing, just ahead of the front wheel. Slightly confusing, as the mark doesn’t show on the comparison photo, but it seems to be very small.

View attachment 315504 View attachment 315503

Yes, the scratch is very small I estimate 3 inches maybe. It is also at a spot that could be prior damage?

Same - looks like the ‘gouges/scrapes’ that appeared to run along the whole of the driver’s side on the location photos were just a reflection of lines of cloud - though the driver’s side wing has been pushed in to some extent. OTOH there looks to be another windshield impact passenger side and roof indentation above it - not sure how that fit with a roll onto its side in the position the Jeep discovered.

View attachment 315487 View attachment 315488

It could be he tried to kick out the windshield after he fell into the passenger seat? Somebody chime in if that is even doable...to damage a windshield by kicking? Of course this goes back to @shadwell comment concerning passenger seat airbag deployment...was it made by second passenger? Would it be that damaged by a person if the crash was 30 MPH and the airbag deployed would the force of the person make that much damage.

Does anybody else think the damage on the drivers side (left) could have come from a gate keypad or speaker box?

Here's a couple more screen grabs from the video that @o 0 posted up thread...
Drivers side pillar-windshield_edited-1.jpg Right front damage.jpg socks.jpg underwear and boot.jpg Winshield.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if they have tested the paint to determine its source.
I'm wondering if its even related.....its in such a common area to get a previous scrape. And like PI said there's no red paint out there. If the rest of his analysis holds that the left side damage incident caused the airbag deployment, the right side HAD to come from the ravine when it rolled to its side. Other wise, there are 3 damage occurrences? Possible I guess, if he or whomever was driving erratically the whole morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa