AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the driver's side window had been found down or smashed out/in? It looks down in the photo. I'm thinking perhaps D tried to restart the car multiple times to get electrical systems on to lower the window if that's the case.
From the police report page 30

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf

"ONE PIECE OF THE

JEEPS BLACK REMOVABLE ROOF WAS ON THE GROUND PARTIALLY WEDGED UNDER THE FRONT OF

THE JEEP. THE DRIVERS FRONT WINDOW WAS SHATTERED AND I LOCATED GLASS ON THE

GROUND CONSISTENT WITH THE JEEP ROLLING ONE TIME. THERE WAS ALSO SUBSTANTIAL

DAMAGE TO THE LOWER FRONT END AND DAMAGE TO THE TOP OF THE WINDSHIELD AND ROOF"

Are there other known missing persons in the desert of Buckeye, AZ at this time? Prior searches in this area? I didn't find any AZ missing thread for a possible victim.

Father of missing Buckeye man: Remains found Saturday are not of his son

(Although not an complete list of missing people from Buckeye…)

From article above:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System lists five people who’ve gone missing in Buckeye during the past 30 years, including Daniel Robinson.

Father of missing Buckeye man: Remains found Saturday are not of his son

(Although not an complete list of missing people from Buckeye…)

From article above:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System lists five people who’ve gone missing in Buckeye during the past 30 years, including Daniel Robinson.
"Ken didn’t see any trace of Robinson, nor his vehicle, in that desert area. He said he continued working and that he was receiving updates throughout the day from his project manager."
2 data points here:
1. Presence of DR was not necessary for Ken to perform his work.
2. Job site had cell phone coverage.

I found this article from 2014 which describes how a man had a motorcycle accident, stripped off all his clothes including underwear and wandered a quarter of a mile until he fell 40' off a cliff. Police said the crash scene showed no sign of blood or trauma. He was rescued with significant injuries. At the time of the article they didn't know if his actions were related to a head injury or intoxication. While Daniel's clothes weren't folded...the undressing does perplex me. Along with the 12:54PM crash time, as he still had his work vest on...so where was he and what was he doing for 3+ hours? I can't get on board with the theory he was out in a hot desert to nap all that time.

Naked man rescued after Hwy. 1 crash, cliff fall

Found a follow-up article. The man claimed to have crashed to avoid a turkey. Left behind wallet and wandered 1/4 mile through thick brush with trail of folded clothing.

Motorcyclist who jumped naked from Hwy. 1 cliff says he swerved to avoid turkey
GREAT FIND!
If Daniel went to get something to eat in that 3 hours and paid with credit card it would have showed up in the bank records for that day (like the charge in the morning for gas). It was "only" about 95 that day as it was overcast with rain in AM. Many people nap with car running (AC on) out here.

Things I wonder on this case:
-What was the podcast?
-Were dogs used at the vehicle found location? If so, what were results?
-Have other places been searched? Like, if he crashed & someone picked him up disoriented.. have hospitals & facilities been searched, have the closest businesses & homes been asked?
-Have the monasteries been asked?...... just in case. There is one very close by to
his last location.
-Why so little said on/by DRs mom? I know everyone processes differently but been striking me odd. Just as the friends & coworkers not being as public with their info. Usually in cases multiple people come out & talk to press or online.
Podcast ID is still not been mentioned in MSM or Buckeye PD Report.

Dogs used, scented human about .5 miles from wreck toward the SW, Hassayampa River.

Yes. all hospitals....ALL normal stuff has been pursued.

Yes. the one North of Tonapah was visited by PD.

This has always been the question. But based on my interactions with the father and others involved, they are remaining silent about Daniel's private live based on David Robinson request. Co-workers are honoring that request. Friends and family members IMO are doing the same. Mr. Robinson from the outset has clear control of the narrative from the family. Melissa Edmonds, Daniel's mother has made one public appeal and was qouted at the time the entire family was gathered for their Press Conference in Buckeye (sorry can't recall date).

Please review thread for more info and most media links have been posted by @mlhenn. It might be easier to find that person's post.

I cannot find the post but I am recalling some mention of a possible sighting in Sedona? If I am correct about this, did authorities follow up with this?
MOO
The individual was only spoken to on the phone by McGrath. Not sure what other efforts took place when they went to Sedona on August 28th ( and possibly the following weekend). Det. Biffin now has the information (as of October 25) but I don't know what he has done. The information was not shared by David Robinson with Buckeye PD at the time I informed them (Aug. 26th).

Speculation... people suspected something was not right with DR already or job already knew something bad happened that day.

Why would job call emergency contact same day to report DR walked off the job? Do employers usually do that? Did boss know the sister personally? Did boss give sister details that haven't been shared? I've walked off a job and never came back. Quit without a word to employer. Not my best moment. But, no one ever called my contacts.

Why would sister call dad... in South Carolina... so quickly?
If you read complete Buckeye PD Report, people suspected something started happening about 2 weeks prior. Falling in love and pretty much stalking a young woman, odd conversations with co-workers a few days before, etc. The day before, he texted his sister that he "had an emergency" but couldn't be reached by phone. Further actions by her when Daniel "went to get pancakes" appear heavily redacted in report. I think those all lead to quick action by employer and family. However, all this came out AFTER he went missing. The employer did not know the extent of these things as of that morning. The remote location and determination that he drove further into the desert might have played a part.

Such quick action on the part of Buckeye by even accepting David Robinson report of a missing person within 12 hours does not match at all David Robinson very public criticism of Buckeye PD. I should be so lucky if I ever got lost on a hike to have me reported within 12 hours as missing.

A co-worker went to the sisters house when Daniel could not be reached. The report does not indicate what information might have been shared by the sister with that co-worker but the co-worker was simply trying to help locate Daniel by going physically to Daniel's apartment. He did not have the sister's phone infor but did know where she leaved having dropped Daniel off their a time or two. She actually lives fairly close to the main office.

@PromPeace12 The police report includes odd comments and behavior from him and mention of depression in the weeks prior to his disappearance which may have led to the early concern by people that know him. https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf

In particular, see the comments from Roger, his co-worker, on pages 38-40. He found out he was missing after KE, who D met at site, called the office about how D had abruptly left and shared comments he made. R heard about this and was alarmed. He stopped by Daniel's sister's place that day after he couldn't reach him to see if he was there. Her boyfriend was there and told him they'd had odd conversations with D recently also. Roger told his boss to reach out to his emergency contact as D's sister couldn't get in touch with him either.
Thanks for the summary...spot on.

^^rsbm

Are there other known missing persons in the desert of Buckeye, AZ at this time? Prior searches in this area? I didn't find any AZ missing thread for a possible victim.

Hoping for the best for DR's family and friends but it seems possible this recovery could be DR. :(
My understanding the skull (and these latest remains) are fairly old. There are approximately 900+ missing person cases still open in AZ (in a quick scan from Tempe records, they have some dating the 1970-80s. I would assume that is the case state wide.)

I speculate they either found items indicating she's female or found identification (fake?) and maybe other personal items leading them to believe the remains are from a migrant.
There are many migrant UIDs in Arizona (also Texas). If you go to NamUs and look at the Dashboard and click on the link for "Unidentified," you will always see these migrant cases, near the top. (Warning - Often post-mortem photos too). It's awful how many there are to be honest.
Good info, but migrants would not travel this section of desert. IMO it's an old missing person case from the valley. Some altercation or violence.

Which is what Mr. Robinson would like the public to think about his son's case except his son didn't have an altercation or conflict with anyone but himself. But then Mr. Robinson wants to believe his son will be found alive? Which will NOT be in the desert at this point. Which then goes to @GoodNewShar 's point, why no public discussion of at least 3 possible sightings that I know of.

Page 2 of Police report has 2 other vehicles listed on date 08/04. Anyone know why those are listed?
And @TammyinVA
They are the vehicles that entered the impound lot when Daniel's Jeep was recovered. The Mercedes is David Robinson's. The other vehicle I believe is either McGraths's or someone that works for him. I believe the tow truck operator they used is also listed (IIRC).

I found this article from 2014 which describes how a man had a motorcycle accident, stripped off all his clothes including underwear and wandered a quarter of a mile until he fell 40' off a cliff. Police said the crash scene showed no sign of blood or trauma. He was rescued with significant injuries. At the time of the article they didn't know if his actions were related to a head injury or intoxication. While Daniel's clothes weren't folded...the undressing does perplex me. Along with the 12:54PM crash time, as he still had his work vest on...so where was he and what was he doing for 3+ hours? I can't get on board with the theory he was out in a hot desert to nap all that time.

Naked man rescued after Hwy. 1 crash, cliff fall

Found a follow-up article. The man claimed to have crashed to avoid a turkey. Left behind wallet and wandered 1/4 mile through thick brush with trail of folded clothing.

Motorcyclist who jumped naked from Hwy. 1 cliff says he swerved to avoid turkey
I saw JL's name mentioned earlier -- missing since Dec 2021 -- believed to have stripped naked. His dad describes the crash site:

"I saw deer, three different sets of deer ran by. Coyotes ran by and I didn’t see another car, another person."

The clothing Jason Landry had been wearing, his shoes, even his underwear, were scattered throughout the street. "I found [my son’s] fish. I found where the accident was and I’m the only one who took pictures or video of that." he said

Family, investigators push for geofence warrant in Jason Landry case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member