GUILTY AZ - Five people shot to death in Mesa home, 21 Feb 2006

:furious: OH...I feel sick! This info was just released earlier this evening at a neighborhood meeting. I have pasted part of the story below. The rest of the story can be accessed via this link:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/0223mesahomicides-ON.html

Police say Mesa family of five was murdered.:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

The Arizona Republic
Feb. 23, 2006 07:18 PM

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

The five people found dead in an east Mesa home early Tuesday were murdered, police said this evening, shortly before a packed community meeting to address residents' concerns.

Mesa police Detective Tim Gaffney told reporters outside Light of the Desert Church in Mesa that autopsies today on the bodies and crime lab evidence indicated the deaths weren't the result of a murder-suicide.

Gaffney declined to speculate on the shooter, saying, "At this point we're not naming any suspects."

clear.gif
OAS_AD('BoxAd')http://q.azcentral.com/RealMedia/ad..._300x250.jpg/63656330633534383433666538616330
clear.gif

[/font]

I am infuriated. The perpetrator is a horrible, sorry excuse for a human being. Knowing that there was obvious signs of a struggle, I can't help but think about those poor kids. My son goes to Cassie's school. I drive by this house numerous times a day. My other son is the same age as the 10 year old victim. My son has spent time in the house across the street from where this happened as his good friend lives there. I can't really express myself right now--I have more anger than sadness right now. I mean, it's a saddening situation, but the anger I feel towards this sick son of a is overwhelming..........:mad: :furious: :furious:

Her tipping off the police wasnt a good idea. If someone is doing frauds such as those then they are obviously with mental issuses. I would get involved with other peoples buisness only if someone was gonig to be hurt. Other then that I don't say a word. People usually know who told and will retaliate. I'm not saying this boss guy killed all of them but I wouldnt be surprised. Was there a disgruntled X husband or something existing somewhere??

Shadow205 said:
"According to court documents, Tammy Lovell tipped off police that her boyfriend, Steven Duffy, was involved in the planning and execution of the fire."

I wonder why Tammy Lovell tipped off police that her boyfriend was involved in the arson. I mean, I know that it is the right thing to do if you know someone is involved in a crime to relay the info to the police. I also know that it is not usually done unless the person with that info is mad at the person involved.
With the new information provided in the above two links, I withdraw my previous comment about the murder/suicide. Evidently Miller is who the children were referring to when they said that "their family was in fear for the lives."

Not that it has anything to do with the deaths but the relationship between Cassandra & Shane still bothers me.

In answer to your question Julianne about the police making the comment that "no evidence of murder-suicide". They could have simply been referring to the fact that no suicide note was found. Things will be much clearer after the autopsies are completed. Lostfaith, you are correct that sometimes in murder-suicide cases the weapon is not located close to the bodies making it a little harder to determine upon 1st investigation that it is a murder-suicide.

The fact that the children were killed makes me think Miller is good for this if indeed the children knew who he was that explains why they were killed and Miller has a very good motive imo.

The article from the father states he doesn't think it could be either murder/suicide or homicide so what else could it be since they were all shot it's not natural causes? I just found that a puzzling thing to say so I suppose he's just not thinking clearly.

Cassie's My space is still up, check it out. Although she led a different lifestyle, she was loved very much. Many of her friends have made posts since her death. What a tragedy!!!

OK...Call me stupid. I went to myspace and I searched for her but couldn't find her! I even registered for free, or whatever, just so I can look. Please, somebody tell me what I need to do. I clicked on "search" and typed in her name and nothing. What am I missing? I know my son has a myspace page also and I want to see that, too.Thanks!

strach304 said:
The fact that the children were killed makes me think Miller is good for this if indeed the children knew who he was that explains why they were killed and Miller has a very good motive imo.

The article from the father states he doesn't think it could be either murder/suicide or homicide so what else could it be since they were all shot it's not natural causes? I just found that a puzzling thing to say so I suppose he's just not thinking clearly.
Maybe he just meant it's not homicide as in robbery type of murder. Maybe he meant it was revenge or execution and just didn't use the right words?
That is weird.

julianne said:
OK...Call me stupid. I went to myspace and I searched for her but couldn't find her! I even registered for free, or whatever, just so I can look. Please, somebody tell me what I need to do. I clicked on "search" and typed in her name and nothing. What am I missing? I know my son has a myspace page also and I want to see that, too.Thanks!
Julianne, I sent you a PM with the link. I'm not going to link it directly, myself.

Steve

julieanne, I went to my space again to see if maybe she had been removed but, it is still there. Try again. :confused:

For those not familiar with "myspace" There is a section called all about me. It is a fill in the blank kind of thing with feelings/responses to different questions. These 2 really stood out:

284. Murder: *advertiser censored* happens
285. Death: sweet glorious death​

Shadow205 said:
For those not familiar with "myspace" There is a section called all about me. It is a fill in the blank kind of thing with feelings/responses to different questions. These 2 really stood out:

284. Murder: *advertiser censored* happens
285. Death: sweet glorious death​
Yeah, I noticed that too. I decided to not call attention to it in my blog entry, but it bugged me. I tend to think that Cassie's profile really only shows you a little insight into some of her life and family life. She might have been troubled, and I probably would have had real issues in general with brothers dating Mom & Daughter, daughter being underage and everybody living in the same house -- but I still have a feeling none of that truly had a lot to do with their deaths -- certainly not Cassie's, or her little brother Jacob's. So far, I'm thinking Steven Duffy did something that put his family and family-to-be in jeopardy, but that no one, including maybe even authorities, could have predicted just how serious that danger was.

Steve/Mr. A

Maybe Miller was using Duffy's involvement in the arson as a way to control him or extort something from him. Lovell and Duffy got nervous and decided to flip on Miller before they got sucked into something deeper. Perhaps they thought he wouldn't get out on bond or they misjudged how dangerous he was.

Are there pictures of these people? I think I may have known some of them but need pictures to comfirm.

The only pictures that I have seen are of Cassie & Shane on myspace.com

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=59883

Nothing much new 'cept they've linked Miller to another fire. $10,000 sure seems small for an arsonist...Though things seem to be pointing towards him, I can't see him being stupid enough to have anything to do with murdering his accusers. I mean, like duh? There's got to be more to this...maybe some other underhanded activities...

Wasn't the house worth 435,000? Monetary amounts aside how much prison time was this guy looking at? That in itself is plenty of motive.

cathieq said:
This whole thing stinks to high heaven. Sounds like Tammy Lovell did the right thing and went to the police...and she even told the cops that she feared for her whole familys life but someone dropped the ball here

(the cops...duh)

and
now............
5 people are DEAD.

If I were her surviving family, I would be filing a suit asap!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back