AZ - Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, allegedly shot and killed with an AK-47 by rancher George Alan Kelly, 75, Kino Springs, Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriorTheCreator

Former Member
Reaction score
Arizona prosecutors say rancher 'hunted' Mexican migrants
Kelly, 73, is in custody on a single murder charge for shooting Gabriel Cuen-Butimea, on January 30. He told police and border patrol agents that he fired warning shots when he saw Cuen-Butimea and at least eight other Mexican men running through his land.

Prosecutors however say Kelly - who has no criminal history and lives alone with his wife Wanda - deliberately 'hunted' the men down with an AK-47, and that he later changed his story multiple times while speaking with police and border patrol.

Complicated:

Arizona statute justifies the use of deadly force on one’s own property if the individual believes it “immediately necessary” to prevent an act of trespassing. Several other statutes – known also as “stand your ground” laws – defend the use of physical or deadly force when the individual fears a threat and believes the force is warranted.

deputies returned and, at 6:24 p.m., located the body of a deceased adult Hispanic male on Kelly’s property, 100 to 150 yards from Kelly's home.

federal court records show that Cuen Butimea had a history of illegal border-crossings and deportations in and around Nogales, with the most recent documented case coming in 2016.

Deceased has a history of illegal border-crossing, apparently did not enter the USA legally this time, either.

Accused has a legal right to protect himself, his family, and his home.

imho The Daily Mail is far removed from border Arizona.

Waiting to see how this one plays out.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Complicated:

Arizona statute justifies the use of deadly force on one’s own property if the individual believes it “immediately necessary” to prevent an act of trespassing. Several other statutes – known also as “stand your ground” laws – defend the use of physical or deadly force when the individual fears a threat and believes the force is warranted.

deputies returned and, at 6:24 p.m., located the body of a deceased adult Hispanic male on Kelly’s property, 100 to 150 yards from Kelly's home.

federal court records show that Cuen Butimea had a history of illegal border-crossings and deportations in and around Nogales, with the most recent documented case coming in 2016.

Deceased has a history of illegal border-crossing, apparently did not enter the USA legally this time, either.

<modsnip>

BBM.
IMO
I highly doubt this person was a "threat" when he was hunted down and killed.

from the same article "...the victim appeared to have been unarmed..."

On Jan. 30, Kelly was eating lunch with his wife when he heard a single gunshot and saw his horse get spooked and run away at full speed, according to court documents. Kelly saw a group of men, armed with AK-47s, moving through the trees on his property.

The men donned khakis and camouflage clothing and carried large backpacks, according to the 13-page motion Larkin filed on Feb. 9. Kelly’s home is roughly a mile and a half north of the U.S.-Mexico border and about 8 miles east of Nogales.

Kelly called the U.S. Border Patrol’s ranch liaison, who is responsible for helping ranchers on the borderlands, and told his wife to stay silent, inside and away from the windows so as not to draw the attention of the men.
(…)
Border Patrol agents and Santa Cruz County sheriff's deputies arrived at Kelly’s property and searched for the group but did not find anyone. Authorities documented the incident and left.

As the sun was setting that day, Kelly went to his pastures to check on his horse as he worried it may have been injured during the incident. After seeing to his horse, Kelly noticed that his dogs were focused on something on the ground near a mesquite tree.

“Mr. Kelly approached his dogs, and observed a body lying face down in the grass,” the motion read.

Kelly was “alarmed” by the discovery and put a lit flashlight on the ground to be able to find the body again, according to the motion. He then called the Border Patrol ranch liaison again to report the discovery and request assistance.

Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Gerardo Castillo confirmed that 73-year-old Kelly posted bond Wednesday after appearing in court.

I find nit weird they say this but the murder victim had no weapon.
These kinds of cases completely abuse the "Stand your ground" law.
<modsnip - off topic discussion>
It’s possible a member of the group he was with, picked up the weapon. Interesting that he was carrying a radio. imo

No weapon or backpack was found on or near Cuen Buitimea, according to the motion. Cuen Buitimea was wearing tactical boots and had a radio.

It’s possible a member of the group he was with, picked up the weapon. Interesting that he was carrying a radio. imo

No weapon or backpack was found on or near Cuen Buitimea, according to the motion. Cuen Buitimea was wearing tactical boots and had a radio.
Ok, so he had no weapon, so stand your ground doesnt apply.
Hope the murderer gets life

@PriorTheCreator , you forgot to mention that the deceased has a record of multiple illegal boarder crossings.

There are many exit points for this chain of events.

<modsnip>

Mr. Kelly has the legal right in Arizona to defend his home & family.

Waiting to see how this unfolds.

@PriorTheCreator , you forgot to mention that the deceased has a record of multiple illegal boarder crossings.

There are many exit points for this chain of events.

<modsnip>

Mr. Kelly has the legal right in Arizona to defend his home & family.

Waiting to see how this unfolds.
Does that allow anyone to inact their own death penalty? No.

Mr Kelly didnt defend anything. there was no threat. MSM spells that out clearly.
He hunted someone down and murdered them. He has no right to be an executioner.

<modsnip>

I just dont understand what is defendable here. There was no gun, no threat, and a man killed someone.

<modsnip - off topic>

Complicated:

<modsnip>
Not complicated. You can't just murder someone you see near your property. It doesn't matter if he'd crossed the border illegally or not. Being mad at someone or feeling threatened by who they are, or them trespassing on the edge of your property isn't any excuse and I hope the book gets thrown at him. He's changed his story multiple times.<modsnip>

Not complicated. You can't just murder someone you see near your property. It doesn't matter if he'd crossed the border illegally or not. Being mad at someone or feeling threatened by who they are, or them trespassing on the edge of your property isn't any excuse and I hope the book gets thrown at him. He's changed his story multiple times. <modsnip>
100% agree. This is what I am saying.
MSM says the victim had no weapon, thus Stand Your Ground doesnt apply.
Just because you dont like certain people, doesnt give you the ability to kill them.

actual supporters of SYG should hate this because it perverts the actual purpose of that law

States Kelly heard a gun shot when he was having lunch with his wife. And one of the men in the group he saw, pointed a gun at him, and he shot over their heads.
It’s sounds to me like the man who was shot was running from drug traffickers / Cartel when they shot him, not Kelly.

It makes no sense, IMO, to jump to the conclusion that the property owner, Kelly, murdered the illegal immigrant. With no real evidence I can’t believe he was even arrested. Based only on the word of the other immigrants, who were also most likely running from the criminals? Did I miss something? I’ll wait.

States Kelly heard a gun shot when he was having lunch with his wife. And one of the men in the group he saw, pointed a gun at him, and he shot over their heads.
It’s sounds to me like the man who was shot was running from drug traffickers / Cartel when they shot him, not Kelly.

It makes no sense, IMO, to jump to the conclusion that the property owner, Kelly, murdered the illegal immigrant. With no real evidence I can’t believe he was even arrested. Based only on the word of the other immigrants, who were also most likely running from the criminals? Did I miss something? I’ll wait.

They just can’t take his word about this cartel at face value either. That’s why I’m interested to know more.

im waiting on ballistics too. i am interested in knowing.

Kelly admitted to shooting at them. I dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member