AZ - Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, allegedly shot and killed with an AK-47 by rancher George Alan Kelly, 75, Kino Springs, Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recalling directly from my notes of the preliminary hearing last week Detective Ainza tells the court that both Agent Dugan (Dugane?) and Agent Lieugan (phonetically Layugan sorry no spelling assist during the hearing) whom he interviewed indicated that both Agents have been in the area of GK ranch and encountered armed people both with hand guns and rifles and that the area is a high crime area "especially recently" with increased drug trafficking usually done by mules and usually carrying large backpacks. Agent Lieugan is said to have reported that drug traffickers carry guns not to deal with Law Enforcement but to deal with opposite cartels. He also said people cross through GK's property all the times as well as through much of Kino Springs. MOO
RBBM
Oh really? I wonder what Border Patrol thinks of that assessment? Do the cartels "own" this area to such a degree that LE is superfluous (unless a non-citizen turns up dead)?

This is a mess.
MOO

RBBM
Oh really? I wonder what Border Patrol thinks of that assessment? Do the cartels "own" this area to such a degree that LE is superfluous (unless a non-citizen turns up dead)?

This is a mess.
MOO

That is so alarming to me as well. So, reportedly GK has called BP out to the ranch 30-40 times in a month. On Jan 30th, he calls again, to report probable illegal immigrants crossing, complete with guns and heavy back packs on his property, AND a gun shot heard. The BP and LE come out, ( again ) to ol GK's place and give a cursory search if that, IMO. They find nothing. They possibly even planned to file this report with the rest of the pile of how many unfounded, unresolved and unsatisfactory reports from GK, but.....George calls back again, hours later to say he's found something ( The body) . And NOW they want to blame Kelly for murder, of an illegal who was very likely there the first time they came? Who is fooling who here?

MOO

It has electricity. He waited a year for the deal to progress & when it didn't, he paid to run electric to his home at least. Once you have a main connection, it's cheaper & easy to run to other places on a property. Only the proximity to the border is holding back a sale. At GK's age, he could live out his remaining time on earth without selling (maybe use a reverse mortgage?) but safety is still an issue.
IIRC, MOO
He has a pole to the immediate area that he calls home. The suggestion that it was not readily available on that part made me think it may be more complicated than just running lines. Especially if you only wanted to build a single-family home on 120 acres. From the map it looks like a buyer would use the entrance on the other end of the property. It too is just a gravel or dirt drive at this point. I agree though, at the end of the day, he'll not move that property with a steady stream of folks coming across it. I personally would not be copacetic with folks just traipsing across my property. I'm just weird like that.

Does anyone on the thread read Spanish? I was trying to find an obituary for C-B to learn more about him. Looked at El Diario De Sonora but no luck using a translator. I haven't seen any personal details about the deceased.
TIA

The second witness RAF or RAFG (as he has two last names) was interviewed and the interviewer stated at the preliminary hearing that GCB was the guide and that RAFG was helping GCB by bringing up the rear. Honestly IDK the witness' testimony and other testimony is so all over the place I might just give up on trying to keep it all together.

Hhhhhmmmm.

If
GCB was the guide and
RAFG was the 'caboose'
was DRR truly the only undocumented person being smuggled to Phoenix that day???

Some of us perhaps find support for GK's report of a group of 10-12 in this additional information.

Hypothetically.

Wonder if LE questioned RAFG about the number of trespassers in the group? About the number who were armed?

Who picked up the belt bag & large camo backpack included in DRR's sworn testimony?

Getting even more interesting by the day, here.

JMHO Just My Lived Experience YMMV LRR

Does anyone on the thread read Spanish? I was trying to find an obituary for C-B to learn more about him. Looked at El Diario De Sonora but no luck using a translator. I haven't seen any personal details about the deceased.
TIA

Criminal Justice degrees include coursework in Victimology.

including

CJ375 Victimology (3)

{Google search for Criminal Justice degree produced this listing. Scroll down for course listings.)

The victim's published obituary seems relevant.

Google Translate would be worth a try.

TIA
This isn't an obituary, but does have some interesting parts.

This isn't an obituary, but does have some interesting parts.

I do find at least one over-generalization published here. JMHO. imho the distinct lack of -- geographical information is interesting as well. Maybe just lost using Google Translate?

As interesting parallel case, US citizen deceased in Mexico, video of assault, no arrests yet:

Will the agencies mentioned assist Ms. Robinson's family as well?

Gov of Mexico is in contact with and helping/supporting the family of GCB...
We're giving support to his daughter so she can attend the court proceedings, trial

I'm sorry my tablet has just 1% charge, is going in and out

I'll look around a little later

TIA
they dont all post them.

Hhhhhmmmm.

If
GCB was the guide and
RAFG was the 'caboose'
was DRR truly the only undocumented person being smuggled to Phoenix that day???

Some of us perhaps find support for GK's report of a group of 10-12 in this additional information.

Hypothetically.

Wonder if LE questioned RAFG about the number of trespassers in the group? About the number who were armed?

Who picked up the belt bag & large camo backpack included in DRR's sworn testimony?

Getting even more interesting by the day, here.

JMHO Just My Lived Experience YMMV LRR
im not sure anyone doubted there were others there. i believe earlier on they posted that RAFG and DRR were the only ones who came forward

I do find at least one over-generalization published here. JMHO. imho the distinct lack of -- geographical information is interesting as well. Maybe just lost using Google Translate?

As interesting parallel case, US citizen deceased in Mexico, video of assault, no arrests yet:

Will the agencies mentioned assist Ms. Robinson's family as well?
apples to oranges. Shanquella was allegedly murdered by other US citizens on foreign soil. ETA shaquellas case is more akin to the q anon dad murders.

My last few posts were about this article from a paper in Nogales, Mex.or are they in Nogales AZ, not sure. Anyway 3 March 2023. They quote Vanessa Calva, the Mexican official speaking at the press conference. I was trying to convey a few things she said that were new for us. ETA the political words were not said by me!
…..........................................
Gov of Mexico is in contact with and helping/supporting the family of GCB...
We're giving support to his daughter so she can attend the court proceedings, trial

Ms. Calva asks why Kelly called the BP instead of 911. She is the official running the press conference.

Calva: There is no excuse for violence. The group was unarmed. And kelly had a very high powered weapon.

She mentions some themes in Kelly's book (the bk we've talked about here)

Mentions the promotion of vigilantism in the book.

The family of the victim may end up suing Kelly

<modsnip: political>

Last edited:
I am halfway through re-watching the Prelim Hearing from last week, and a few pieces of interest came to mind. One, when the first witness from the sheriff's office was on the stand. Mr Jorge Ainza, who was the arresting officer stammered a bit while under cross exam. Mainly, he stated that Mr Kelly did NOT change his answer...as was claimed in charging docs, regarding whether Kelly shot 'at' or 'over' the trespassers. Officer Ainza was grilling Kelly, insisting that Kelly admit and state that he shot 'at' them. Kelly never agreed nor admitted to it. A huge Q and A over the words 'at' and 'over' was held. IN SPITE of that.....they still, without autopsy results, ballistics etc arrested him, and charged him with First Degree Murder!

Also, a new term I learned. 'rip crew'
Officer Ainza described the term as a group, sometimes gang and cartel related, who purposely ambush drug dealers and traffickers. They are ''usually violent encounters''. Also stated in his testimony was the fact that Mr Kellys property was a known trafficking corridor, and rip crews were also known to frequent the area.

MOO

There is nothing new in the article, covers the same press conference that happened yesterday, that I referred to in post #736, above. I posted it to show who the two high positioned officials are, who gave the presser. There are articles about both of them in English on google. From what I can tell these are the real deal, highly qualified/educated civil servants.

Vanessa Cala Ruiz, Director General of Consular Protection and Strategic Planning, y Marcos Moreno Báez, head of the Consulate General of Mexico in Nogales, Arizona.

Vanessa Calva Ruiz is a member of the Mexican Foreign Service currently serving as the Liaison to the U.S. Senate at Mexico’s Embassy to the United States. She previously served as Consul for Community Affairs in Los Angeles and Consul for Legal Affairs in Denver. She has an MA in International Studies from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy and an MA in Diplomatic Studies from the Matias Romero Institute Diplomatic Academy. She taught at the Technological Autonomous Institute of Mexico (ITAM) where she obtained her Bachelor’s degree in International Studies, and has been published in ITAM’s Journal of Law.
---------------------------

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members