AZ AZ - Gadsden, Yuma Co, WhtMale 90UMAZ 14-23, penis removed and healed, Feb '75

90UMAZ Date of Discovery February 15 1975 Location of Discovery Gadsden Yuma County Arizona Estimated Date of Death Hours to Days State of Remains Burned Cause of Death Homicide by Gunshot Age 14-23 years old Race White Sex Male Height 5"8 Weight 150 lbs Hair Color Red Wavy Hair Eye Color Unknown Distinguishing Marks/Features Penis shaft removed and healed prior to his death and is not associated with his death. Dentals Unknown Fingerprints Unknown DNA Unknown Circumstances of Discovery The victim was located by two teenage goat herders face down in a burned bush after they saw fire in the brush along the Colorado river. He was also found 1/8th of a mile from the United States and Mexico border. He was shot once in the right temple. Tests indicated was fired from some distance away ruling out suicide. There was also an attempted burning of the body, with most of the jacket on his back, a hiking boot, and one foot were badly burned.

Red wavy hair and 1/8 mile from the border. Unlikely to be a border-crosser. I wonder if the perp thought they had him across the border and onto Mexican soil / jurisdiction but miscalculated? The Colorado River in that part of the world can and does run dry at times due to water misuse. February would be a dry season.
The penile amputation takes my brain to a trans person who was 'discovered' in some type of encounter?

Red wavy hair and 1/8 mile from the border. Unlikely to be a border-crosser. I wonder if the perp thought they had him across the border and onto Mexican soil / jurisdiction but miscalculated? The Colorado River in that part of the world can and does run dry at times due to water misuse. February would be a dry season.
The penile amputation takes my brain to a trans person who was 'discovered' in some type of encounter?
I don’t think he was trans that was very uncommon back then most likely he had his penis removed for a medical reason.

Last edited:
Also the reconstruction isn’t very good as it doesn’t show the red wavy hair this guy had that might be a reason he wasn’t identified and he could very easily be from Mexico IMO given where he was found.

Formatting the OP post info from The Doe Network info into a more user-friendly format:

Sketch of the Victim

1654210267229.png

Date of Discovery: February 15, 1975
Location of Discovery: Gadsden, Yuma County, Arizona
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: The victim was partially burned.

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 14-23 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Red wavy hair
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Penis shaft removed and healed prior to his death and is not associated with his death.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: He was wearing blue jeans, a long sleeve button up western shirt and laced up hiking boots with round knobs on the sole.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

The victim was located west of Gadsden, Arizona in the brush along the USBP Drag Road. This is about 1/8th of a mile from the Mexican border along the Colorado River.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Yuma County Sheriff Department
Agency Phone Number: 520-343-9957
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: Unknown

its possible he is an immigrant. there are many ppl in Mexico with red hair.

Formatting the OP post info from The Doe Network info into a more user-friendly format:

Sketch of the Victim

View attachment 347570

Date of Discovery: February 15, 1975
Location of Discovery: Gadsden, Yuma County, Arizona
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: The victim was partially burned.

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 14-23 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Red wavy hair
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Penis shaft removed and healed prior to his death and is not associated with his death.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: He was wearing blue jeans, a long sleeve button up western shirt and laced up hiking boots with round knobs on the sole.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

The victim was located west of Gadsden, Arizona in the brush along the USBP Drag Road. This is about 1/8th of a mile from the Mexican border along the Colorado River.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Yuma County Sheriff Department
Agency Phone Number: 520-343-9957
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: Unknown

Since the Yuma Co. Sheriff’s Office is the investigating agency, they presumably did the reconstruction. It might be worthwhile to reach out to YCSO and verify that this reconstruction is indeed for this John Doe and wasn’t mistakenly attributed since the description doesn’t line up with the reconstruction.

Since the Yuma Co. Sheriff’s Office is the investigating agency, they presumably did the reconstruction. It might be worthwhile to reach out to YCSO and verify that this reconstruction is indeed for this John Doe and wasn’t mistakenly attributed since the description doesn’t line up with the reconstruction.
Can someone put his case into namus

Yeah, the sketch is very strange to me. It almost seems like they got this UID mixed up with another one and posted the wrong reconstruction. He looks a lot older than 23, his hair looks straight and dark as opposed to wavy and red, and it's weird that they gave his such a distinctive looking moustache when there's no evidence the UID had facial hair.

Also, about his penis, I'm leaning towards him being in some sort of accident. Or a medical reason, but it seems like penile cancer would be the most likely cause for penis amputation, and that seems unlikely for such a young man.
I doubt it was due to religious reasons, criminal reasons, or him being transgender. Nothing is mentioned about his testicles, so I assume they were intact? If he was emasculated in a crime, you'd think they'd take *everything*. Same if he was trans, plus there's nothing else pointing to him presenting/identifying as a woman when he was alive.

Yeah, the sketch is very strange to me. It almost seems like they got this UID mixed up with another one and posted the wrong reconstruction. He looks a lot older than 23, his hair looks straight and dark as opposed to wavy and red, and it's weird that they gave his such a distinctive looking moustache when there's no evidence the UID had facial hair.

Also, about his penis, I'm leaning towards him being in some sort of accident. Or a medical reason, but it seems like penile cancer would be the most likely cause for penis amputation, and that seems unlikely for such a young man.
I doubt it was due to religious reasons, criminal reasons, or him being transgender. Nothing is mentioned about his testicles, so I assume they were intact? If he was emasculated in a crime, you'd think they'd take *everything*. Same if he was trans, plus there's nothing else pointing to him presenting/identifying as a woman when he was alive.
He also isn’t in namus for some reason

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back