AZ AZ - Grand Canyon, 'Little Miss X' UP9859, Wht/Hisp Fem, 11-17, nail file case "P" & "R", Oct'58

I don't know how accurate this article is, and it's not very clear, but I took it to mean by the last sentence that DNA was used to exclude Michael as being the bones of the skeleton found in the mortuary attic.
It sounds like he was ruled out with DNA to me.
I'm wondering if Pinky has DNA available?

How was Pinky "ruled out"?

Sorry for the quadruple-posting. I'm really digging into the Pinky angle now. I'm really eager to know how she was ruled out if there are no shared identifiers. WAY too many things are lining up. I'm really wondering if as others have posited that it's a Sharon Lee Gallegos situation. Very curious...digging through Pinky and LMX's threads.

Sorry for the quadruple-posting. I'm really digging into the Pinky angle now. I'm really eager to know how she was ruled out if there are no shared identifiers. WAY too many things are lining up. I'm really wondering if as others have posited that it's a Sharon Lee Gallegos situation. Very curious...digging through Pinky and LMX's threads.
I'm not sure how they could rule her out, either. I believe she has DNA but no fingerprints or dental records. They only have dental records for these remains. NamUs used to have very clear pictures of the teeth and skull, but they took those down. I thought I screen captured them, but can't find them, so now I'm not so sure.
But if they still have the hair, they may be able to get a DNA profile from that.

I'm not sure how they could rule her out, either. I believe she has DNA but no fingerprints or dental records. They only have dental records for these remains. NamUs used to have very clear pictures of the teeth and skull, but they took those down. I thought I screen captured them, but can't find them, so now I'm not so sure.
But if they still have the hair, they may be able to get a DNA profile from that.
The technique for getting DNA profiles out of rootless hair is so new that they may not be aware its even a possibility.

Donnis Marie Redman has DNA available but no Dentals available and Little Miss X has Dentals available but no DNA available:

2409DFCA - Donnis Marie Redman

Thank you! This is just making me further confused about the rule out. Has anyone written to her investigators to ask about the rule out? I'm finding myself heavily on the side of her being Pinky after reading through both threads. JMO

Just an idea to throw out there...I wonder if Pinky was "ruled out" because of the belief that Little Miss X was Native or Latina and Pinky is white? Honestly I have to wonder if that is why, even though Doe lists LMX as being possibly white. We know race and ethnicity has been wrong before in Does, especially skeletal ones, but maybe a less than official rule out was due to that...just a thought. I really do feel like it almost has to be her.

Thank you! This is just making me further confused about the rule out. Has anyone written to her investigators to ask about the rule out? I'm finding myself heavily on the side of her being Pinky after reading through both threads. JMO
In case anyone was looking for it, here is the thread of Donnis Redman and his boyfriend Michael Griffin:

Bringing this forward from Pinky's thread:

They ruled her out on physical characteristics. Pinky was light/fair skinned while LE believed Little Miss X was darker skinned. Pinky also had blonde hair while the hair retrieved from the site of Little Miss X's body was brown. Other than that, they have no way to rule her out. The only women who have been conclusively ruled out are probably Mary Begay and Carol Batterman, both ruled out by dentals. I am unsure if Connie Smith is ruled out or not as I believe the dentals were ruled as "inconclusive".

Idk if this has been pointed out, but Little Miss X's pants had the label "World Famous GRAFF California Wear". Pinky Redman went missing from San Pedro, California the same state where the pants were made. It just convinces me even more that we might have a "Little Miss Nobody" situation with this case.

Idk if this has been pointed out, but Little Miss X's pants had the label "World Famous GRAFF California Wear". Pinky Redman went missing from San Pedro, California the same state where the pants were made. It just convinces me even more that we might have a "Little Miss Nobody" situation with this case.
I think it just shows that Pinky can not be ruled out. I hope we can find Little Miss X's body in the near future.

I really wish we could put this case to rest! I genuinely do feel that Little Miss X and Pinky are one in the same, but with no way to prove/disprove, I worry we won't ever have 100% confirmation.

Little Miss X at NCMEC:

Little Miss X at the Doe Network:

Little Miss X at NamUs:

I really wish we could put this case to rest! I genuinely do feel that Little Miss X and Pinky are one in the same, but with no way to prove/disprove, I worry we won't ever have 100% confirmation.
I agree. There's a strong chance this may be her.
If they still have the UP's hair in a box somewhere, they may be able to extract DNA from that. They are now able to obtain DNA from hair without follicles. So they don't necessarily need her remains to get DNA anymore, since they're having difficulty locating them.
Also, NamUs used to have 2 or 3 pictures of this UP's skull, one a close up of the teeth. I swear I've seen them before and took screen shots for comparison with Donis's smile, but I can't find the comparisons I did. Since the skull was separated from the rest of the remains, I'm left wondering if they were reunited and reinterred together, or if they're still separated but in two different places. If not together, one of them should have turned up by now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back