AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southern girl, born and raised. ITA.

My ex and I will look at each other during school events or performances and say "G*d, I love that child!"

And I often say "my girl" when talking about her to people who know her and know her name.

I know; right? Being born and raised Southern style, I use these terms as an endearment. Even when I call my siblings I will say, "Hello, My Sister," or "Hi, My Brother." It is certainly not "distancing" down here; it's more a conveyance of joy of kinship!

This predator would've just dumped the body and ran, iif that had happened. All the offences were actually committed in/near the victims homes...IMO they would've found Isa by now. The Phoenix perp has never seemed interested in taking his victims home with him.

Isa's abduction shows no sexual undertones which you would expect with a predator. IMO. At least that we know about!

Yes. And Iasbel's room was checked for semen.And it was negative... May not have been a sexually motivated assault at all... JMO

I don't know how this would work. Maybe one of our resident legal-types can chime in. With an illegal, I would *think* they'd be deported and possibly transfer jurisdiction (with agreement) for probation to Mexico? Wow.

Except he has to do community supervised parole until September?

AZLawyer?

IDK but I hope he was deported..
I can't find him on the RSO lists!

This child rapist's case is quoted on so many blog sites about why we need better illegal immigration laws. A local Phoenix paper actually sued the infamous Phoenix Sheriff in 2007 over allegations of the Sheriff withholding vital information about this very suspect because he did not like the specific paper. The paper catered to a public who lived in the very southwest Phoenix neighborhood where there were five little victims of this predator http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0212records-ruling0212.html?&wired
All of this... and not one word that I can find of this predator's release in late January of this year --

I wonder if Pax remembers this case...any other locals remember this scare in 2007?

4-21-12 little Isa disappeared -- it is still 6-21-12 here on Isa's clock -- In this leap year, I will take a leap of faith and ask to let Isa enjoy the summer of singing Abba, teasing big brothers, running bases, painting toenails and dressing up! We have a longer summer this year; it started yesterday June 20th, one day earlier than usual. We are all here for you little Isa! Where are you?

Okay for those who followed Gliving's find about the attack/abduction of young girls in southwest Phoenix in 2006/07, I am pretty sure they caught the perp in October of 2007. His initials are E R-R. I could only find blogs that rally against illegal immigration that included copies of the news article originally provided by KPHO. I tried. I don't think I can link any of those blogs?

I found his court records in Maricopa County that show mutliple charges of felony sexual conduct with children. He eventually took a plea of no contest to 2 counts of attempted sexual conduct with children, and no contest to 1 count of attempted sexual molestation of a child. This perp was just sentenced in 2010, but with time served he's already out on supervised parole as of January this year :(
http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx
http://www.azcorrections.gov/Inmate_DataSearch/Index_Minh.aspx

I don't know how it works if he is illegal, as far as supervised probation...

OH and I did not find him on the Arizona RSO list either ...
http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Sex_Offender/

As I said... if he got arrested and did time for this... then would he leave a living victim next time to testify?

Or maybe he decided it would be easier to take a girl and KEEP her... rather than risking taking more than one.
His age preference appears to be up to 13. Maybe this IS a Jaycee/Elizabeth type situation and he plans to keep Isa.

I don't understand why there are indications Isa's abduction is not sexually motivated?
There was no semen found in Elizabeth Smart's room... she was being taken no need to assault her IN the house.

If someone came in intending to TAKE Isa and KEEP Isa, why waste time with any type of assault IN the house?

My cousin got 5 years in Arizona for dating a girl with her own car, own apartment, in college and had a fake ID.
Had NO clue she was under 18... and he had plenty of evidence she was over 18. Still got 5 years.
Yet, this guy gets out? Fabulous.
:banghead:

As I said... if he got arrested and did time for this... then would he leave a living victim next time to testify?

Or maybe he decided it would be easier to take a girl and KEEP her... rather than risking taking more than one.
His age preference appears to be up to 13. Maybe this IS a Jaycee/Elizabeth type situation and he plans to keep Isa.

I don't understand why there are indications Isa's abduction is not sexually motivated?
There was no semen found in Elizabeth Smart's room... she was being taken no need to assault her IN the house.

If someone came in intending to TAKE Isa and KEEP Isa, why waste time with any type of assault IN the house?

My cousin got 5 years in Arizona for dating a girl with her own car, own apartment, in college and had a fake ID.
Had NO clue she was under 18... and he had plenty of evidence she was over 18. Still got 5 years.

Wow! it is so unfair... it seems Phoenix had its share of problems in 2006-07
The US federal government was suing the Sheriff of Maricopa County (Phoenix) in 2007.
This rapist of small children and toddlers was only caught as he was drunk, and did not escape the adults one time, but four other times (that they know of) he did escape.
Then he spent 3 years in a jail awaiting trial, took a plea, and spent 2 years as a cook in prison. :banghead:

I am sorry about your cousin; to me, that is outrageous. It also makes me wonder, who the heck was pushing the prosecution?

I think alike about the abduction possibility. Predators do change their MOs over time, as they get more experience, as they figure out more efficient ways to get what they want or start to come apart under pressure, etc.

And predators can also be inspired by each other. For example, I'm reading a true crime book where a 22 year old became convinced that bank robbing was his path to an easy living after researching other bank robbers.

I woke up today, checked "New Posts" and didn't see Isabel's case. I came into the "Missing" forum and saw that it's been eight hours without any posts. :(

It's not just you southern folks, we say those things up north too! :blushing:

I saw that, but I didnt want to mention it because I didnt know if it would be allowed or not. I cant think what the gun toting thing is.. I know there was a guy here in town, about a year ago. He was at home in the morning, and s.w.a.t. came in, busted down his door, and shot him. The family says they had nothing of criminal stuff going on, so they are suing the city. The rumors around town are that this guy was involved with some gun stuff, and his family was also involved. Im gonna look around and see what this gun toting thing really is.

I saw that, but I didnt want to mention it because I didnt know if it would be allowed or not. I cant think what the gun toting thing is.. I know there was a guy here in town, about a year ago. He was at home in the morning, and s.w.a.t. came in, busted down his door, and shot him. The family says they had nothing of criminal stuff going on, so they are suing the city. The rumors around town are that this guy was involved with some gun stuff, and his family was also involved. Im gonna look around and see what this gun toting thing really is.

Was that in Gilbert, AZ? I remember something like that.

The first thing that jumped out at me is that they were at the ball park doing ANOTHER fundraiser. I may be way off base here but I know that personally I have been turned off from this whole case due to the fact that it seems like the most important thing in this case is money. I mean they have donation information on the flipping missing flier. Give me a break! I'm not saying that they did something to her but they sure seem to be taking advantage of the situation. They say that interest has waned off and I can't help but wonder if this isn't a factor. Sorry, this just really makes me angry.

The first thing that jumped out at me is that they were at the ball park doing ANOTHER fundraiser. I may be way off base here but I know that personally I have been turned off from this whole case due to the fact that it seems like the most important thing in this case is money. I mean they have donation information on the flipping missing flier. Give me a break! I'm not saying that they did something to her but they sure seem to be taking advantage of the situation. They say that interest has waned off and I can't help but wonder if this isn't a factor. Sorry, this just really makes me angry.

Well, mom HAS been busy updating FB. So it's not like they aren't doing something. :(

"9OYS reporter Marcelino Benito asked Rebecca if she thinks people have forgotten her daughter is missing. "Probably a little bit," she replied. "We continue to post flyers, everyone at the command center, our families, we've been trying as hard as we can. That's what's going to bring her home.""

From the article Aura posted upthread.

Maybe they are trying to raise money to pay a ransom?

Where is Isa? <3

Maybe they are trying to raise money to pay a ransom?

Where is Isa? <3

The Celis family is not wealthy enough for a ransom demand. Also, I'm pretty sure if there was a ransom demand, the government would help out. IDK, but I don't think they would just leave it up the family to raise millions of dollars, like "your problem, not ours".

[q]Was that in Gilbert, AZ? I remember something like that.[/q]

No it was here in Tucson. When Swat busted in, the guy had a gun pointed at them. One of the SWAT guys fell, and they thought the guy was gonna shoot. So they opened fire and shot him. It was really sad cause his family was in the house. I think he had just come back from a deployment in Afghanistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni