Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Grease for the music at that age lol. Had no clue about anything until I was an adult and watched later-I loved the music. Looking back I'm surprised my parents allowed it, but Really...not that huge a deal necessarily.
Yeah, I should have edited my post after reading the other responses. I suppose watching for the music makes sense. I'm also borderline insane about what kids are exposed to, so, I'm probably overreacting. That said, I'm still... Questioning that parent for other reasons.

I certainly don't think it's weird to want one parent. My brother can barely pee by himself when he's not at work. My niece loves her dad!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Sergio is an opera singer/performer so it was probably about the music.
I wonder if Sergio and Isabel (who was six-years-old) liked this "music". Keep watching until at least minute 1:06. Watch minute 1:30-1:50 too.
[video=youtube;qefnmCJI8IM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qefnmCJI8IM[/video]

Multiple media outlets reporting memorial set for Saturday.

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - The family of slain child Isabel Celis is hosting a memorial service Saturday. The community is invited to remember and reflect along with the family.

The service will start at 10 a.m. at St. Augustine Cathedral, 192 N. Stone.

In a statement, the family stated that "because they have been deeply touched by the love and support that has been shown for their daughter, they want to give the community an opportunity for closure as well."

Isabel went missing from her family's home near Broadway and Craycroft in April 2012. Her remains were discovered in a remote area of Pima County in March.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/isabel-celis-memorial-service-set-for-saturday

when will they be making an arrest in this case?

I wonder if Sergio and Isabel (who was six-years-old) liked this "music". Keep watching until at least minute 1:06. Watch minute 1:30-1:50 too.

My husband wouldn't watch this if you paid him money, I don't know that I would either honestly. But I hate musicals like this.

The songs deffinantly about her turning down a younger man due to his age. I don't see much of a connection to a relationship between a six yes old and a man, jmo. Parts of mama Mia may be innapropriate but I know people who watched much worse at that age. Someone I know had his 6 year old present when we watched pulp fiction. I don't know as though it really means anything imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

It just breaks my heart how little attention Isabel's case has ever gotten compared to some other missing children cases. I am almost 100% sure no one I know in real life has ever heard of her. Even now that she's been found it seems like there is still not much publicity or talk about it beyond local news and this thread. I will try and be optimistic that the lack of publicity will make finding a jury and getting a conviction for her killer easier some day. I am not an optimistic person typically but I feel strongly that there will be an arrest soon and that LE is just getting their ducks in a row right now.

No cameras or statements at Isabel's memorial?

If your precious six-year-old daughter was taken from your home and you suffered for 5 excruciatingly painful years wondering if she was alive or dead, would you use every opportunity available to beg people to call in clues?

I would. I'd want the piece of crap who killed my precious little girl to go to prison.

I am stunned that we do not know more info about how the remains were located and whether the investigation is closer to being solved because of her discovery. Her remains were not found by accident or "haphazardly" so what happened?????

I've been waiting to see some coverage of Isabel's memorial service. I'm happy so many people attended to say goodbye to Isabel and support her family.

http://tucson.com/news/local/hundre...cle_d05ce931-a54f-5e0e-a359-d6eda1d0f1c6.html

From article: Ushers handed attendees a prayer card that listed the date of her death as March 3, 2017, a few weeks before Tucson police announced that her remains had been found in a rural area of Pima County.

:waitasec: Wonder who made this decision. Surely, Isabel had been dead for much longer than a couple of months.

So that means her remains were found on March 3rd. We know she was dead years before that.

I did think that March 3rd date was interesting, I think there is another case that I thought the date of death parents chose to list was odd, maybe the two cousins in Iowa, I will have to look.

As the ME/Coroner/etc do NOT know the exact date that she was deceased they use the date that she was found as the date of death. This has happened in a lot of missing persons cases that I have followed. The date she was found is the date they KNEW she had died, so that is the date that is used. I believe Caylee's was listed that way also. I know people have questioned this repeatedly on missing persons when they have been located deceased. They know last seen date, and found date, but not an actual date of death - could have been alive for some portion of the time they were missing before found, so the date found is used as the actual date of death on a death certificate. JMOO

This whole case is so bizarre, I cant believe the cops there put up with all this ridiculous vague bs that comes out of this household. What is the deal? every turn there is obscurity, denial, shifting...where is the truth? if they are innocent...what compels them to lie? to change the dates? the times, the facts...I cant understand how they have no confession.

reminds me of several other cases like this, cases with no resolution..two for sure where the parents stick together and a child is never found or their murder never solved.

Madeline M
Jon Benet

sure kids are kidnapped from their bedrooms...it happens... Im not saying it doesn't happen but frankly this case is full of so many holes including zero evidence from cameras pointing directly at the house...and I don't put much credence in the male voices outside either, if there was someone out there they would appear on the footage.

how hideous that they would imply that it was some super reclusive unfindable relative that they cannot identify...I mean who would do this to a relative? does this guy have priors so they dont feel guilty about implying this to the police?

how hideous to throw a cousin or uncle under the bus to save yourself.

CPS...three times, twice before Isabel died.

This whole case is so bizarre, I cant believe the cops there put up with all this ridiculous vague bs that comes out of this household. What is the deal? every turn there is obscurity, denial, shifting...where is the truth? if they are innocent...what compels them to lie? to change the dates? the times, the facts...I cant understand how they have no confession.

reminds me of several other cases like this, cases with no resolution..two for sure where the parents stick together and a child is never found or their murder never solved.

Madeline M
Jon Benet

sure kids are kidnapped from their bedrooms...it happens... Im not saying it doesn't happen but frankly this case is full of so many holes including zero evidence from cameras pointing directly at the house...and I don't put much credence in the male voices outside either, if there was someone out there they would appear on the footage.

how hideous that they would imply that it was some super reclusive unfindable relative that they cannot identify...I mean who would do this to a relative? does this guy have priors so they dont feel guilty about implying this to the police?

how hideous to throw a cousin or uncle under the bus to save yourself.

CPS...three times, twice before Isabel died.

I agree that there are a lot of nebulous, vague words coming from many people involved in this murder.

Father Miguel Mariano spoke of the beauty of Isabel’s innocence that was taken from her family. He directed mourners to embrace a comforting “sacred silence” aimed to help them remember the young girl’s laugh or voice once more. The answers surrounding her death, Mariano said, would be found in the precious silence.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2017/04/29/tucson-funeral-missing-isabel-celis/307921001/

How does "precious silence" bring answers surrounding Isabel's death? Is "precious silence" new politically correct words for prayer? Is it code words for not gossiping or passing judgement on the Celis parents?

Robert Snyder, Isabel's maternal grandfather, said it was heartwarming to see the outpouring of support.
“She was just so friendly and already had a sense of humor. She was just a lovely, lovely young lady,” Snyder said as tears welled behind his sunglasses.
Snyder looked out from the edge of the courtyard to the crowd where children the same age Isabel was at the time of her disappearance ate cookies and doughnuts.
“It’s hope," he said. "We all have to have hope.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2017/04/29/tucson-funeral-missing-isabel-celis/307921001/

Isabel's classmates were a reminder to her grandfather that "we all have to have hope". That's what the family members of missing children state before their child is found dead. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa